Can you tell me a good anime to watch?

Can you tell me a good anime to watch?
I'm searching for serious / optionally violent stuff. I'm open for romances, but let's not get too cheesy.
Finished the following and maybe more i forgot in order of perference:
>Planetes
>Psycho pass
>Ghost in the shell: Series and movies
>Attack on Titan
>Steins;Gate
>Ergo Proxy
>Hellsing
>Paprika
>Jomundarand - just finished
>Black lagoon
>Tokyo Ghoul
>Darker than black
>Parasyte
>Flag
>Btooom!
>Elfenlied

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo
youtu.be/Ok5yDYrO0gc?t=1m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A classic: Robotech

boku no pico

Samurai champloo

Tatami Galaxy

Try prison school. The only animu/-mango that's worth the time really.

Gantz

I would suggest the fate series, more specifically Fate: Zero. Its a prequel and you'll get more out of it if you watch Stay Night or UBW first but its still got a lot going for it.

Eye Bee Oh.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, imbecile.

Death Parade
Death Note
91 Days
Monster (Although very long and needs patience)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This!

Neo Yokio

Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Shirobako

>Monster
I've watched it and what the fucking hell is up with that end? Why spend YEARS trying to fix a mistake just to do it again?
All it would have taken him was to just shrug it off and let things happen, it doesn't really get much more easy...

In no particular order:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Assassination Classroom
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Eden of the East
Fullmetal Panic
Kokoro Connect
Clannad
Kanon
A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun
Hellsing Ultimate
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Tenchi Muyo (but avoid Tenchi in Tokyo)
When They Cry
High School of the Dead
Gunslinger Girl
Serial Experiment Lain
Cowboy Bebob
Barakamon
Stellvia of the Universe

Shiki

note the imported Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde (FWD 1.4-litre 168 hp six-speed manual gearbox, 39 mpg).

100% total waifu.

>inb4 how does she snowdrift with a FE/FWD

trigun
cowboy bebopp
bakemonogatari (all of the monogatari series)
katanagatari
code geass
berserk (new and old)
one punch man
log horizon
gurren lagann
vampire hunter d
gintama
evangelion

and many others im too stoned to remember

Armored Trooper Votoms
Fist of the North Star
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Space Yattleship Yamato

TEXHNOLYZE !!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo

And romance but also very depressing and serious: Aku No Hana

youtu.be/Ok5yDYrO0gc?t=1m10s

Here are my suggestions:
Cowboy Bebop
A Silent Voice
Goldenboy
Full Metal Alchemist
Deathnote

I mean there are so many others, but those are serious (with the exception of Goldenboy) and with the exception of A Silent Voice movie have some violence. I'm sure you've seen some of them, as everyone in the universe have, but they're worth another look none the less.

Watched a bit of death note and didn't particularly liked it. I think i finished the first season.
Golden boy was funny but i guess my humor dried up with the years and i can't appreciate comedy anymore.

Where to download them using automated HTTP GET ?

used to multidownload from Realitylapse since 2006, but then it closed...
still have the command-line linux script

Onizuka Teacher? Konosuba? It is the best i ever watch except visual novel’s adaptations.

i know what you're feeling OP, watch Shinsekai Yori (From the New World), cry, thank me later

Clannad, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Death Parade, Another, Tokyo Ghoul. Two first most preferred

I'll try to list things no one else has listed:

Any of the movies of Makoto Shinkai:

Voices of a Distant Star
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
5 Centimeters per Second
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
The Garden of Words
Your Name

Other Movies:

Rebuild of Evangelion
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars
Colorful
Ghost in the Shell
Macross Plus
Ninja Scroll
Kite
Metropolis
Plastic Little (if you like fan service with your action)
Appleseed

Series:

Deadman Wonderland
Souleater
Sankerea
Shuffle
El Hazard (warning, progressively gets weaker and weaker, but the original OVA rocks)
Medaka Box
FLCL
Witch Hunter Robin
Haibane Renmei
Chrono Crusade
Last Exile
Rideback (much better than I expected it to be)
Guilty Crown (for the top notch music and animation if nothing else)
Saikano (aka She, the Ultimate Weapon)
Martian Successor Nadesico
Future Diary

Deadman wonderland, guilty crown, and evangalion all had the really irritating lead character that was basically a boy freaking out constantly because everything was too hard. So be warned. I have a hard time tolerating that kind of character and I know others do as well.

Other than that, kind of a strange list since it seems to be a mix of really common intro stuff and other more obscure stuff that you find after watching most of the popular stuff.

very romantic

if you got the time: bleach

Akira is a classic

Death Parade

god it looks good

Only anime that has ever had me DYING laughing

I love my younger sister.

>tengen toppa gurren lagann
anyone?

Prison school and osumatsu-san are the only two anime that made me seriously laugh. Osumatsu-san killed me during some scenes.

Pretty different humor though. If you liked prison school then you should try shimoneta

Hellsing ultimate?
Also, spice & wolf.

Bretty gud. It's got the annoying useless boy lead for the first half but there is actually some legitimate character development and he turns out pretty cool. The climax of the whole series is really good

Actually, to add to my post, konosuba got me to laugh pretty hard during some episodes and was pretty enjoyable all around. I forgot to mention that

Well, Shinji isn't QUITE as much of a pussy in the Evangelion Rebuild, but that is a valid point. The same also applies to RahXephon, Dual Parallel Adventure, and Eureka Seven. The overly hesitant male lead is fairly common in anime - Ah My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo (to some degree), Love Hina (comedy), and Mahoramatic (comedy, but serious at time) being prime examples.

Beyond the Boundary is pretty good. I'd have also mentioned Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions too, but OP wasn't looking for comedies (probably should have listed FLCL, but everyone should watch it).

I can go more obscure like Engaged to the Unidentified, Elfen Lied (warning - one scene in particular goes too far for some viewers), or Mysterious Girlfriend X.... most of this stuff was released in the US by Pioneer / Geneon or Funimation, so I didn't think most of it was TOO obscure.

I'm a big fan of "You're Under Arrest." Wish someone would put out a Blu Ray box set.

Ikkitousen and Tenjou Tenge have a lot of action with two heaping servings of fan service, but they're mostly serious.

Read or Die has a lot of good action in the OVA.

Forgot to mention Aria the Scarlet Ammo and Black Bullet. Ai Yori Aoshi, Hal, and Origin....

Serial Experiments Lain

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Elfen lied is super well known. It's really common intro anime. Probably due to the notoriety from the violence and nudity.

But as to obscure from what you said, stuff like sankarea is really rare. I don't think I've ever seen that recommended here before. Medaka box is somewhat rare too. I only watched it because it is somehow connected to the monogatari series. I think same mangaka possibly. But it's not that great and I dropped it eventually. It sounds like you got into anime a different way than I. I got my recommendations from this site and using MAP. I really only started watching a few years ago so that skews what I've seen

*MAL

(You)
I'll add:
>D gray man
>Fullmetal alchemist (brotherhood second)

>Robotics; Notes

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Medaka Box is Gainax... I wouldn't really consider any of their stuff obscure, but evidently I'm not a good judge! :)

I've been into anime since the 80s. I watched old bootlegs of stuff like Captain Harlock and Speed Racer, but really got into it when Robotech made it easily accessible to American audiences. I watched stuff like Akira, All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku, Video Girl Ai, Fist of the North Star, Lensman, Slayers, Dirty Pair, Crying Freeman, Bubblegum Crisis, and Devil Man.

Probably wasn't until the late 90s that it started to become easier to find. Before that, a few video stores in town might have 3 or 4 titles they'd get per year, but it was completely random what they'd get in.

2000 was around the time it became a lot easier to find, at least where I live. We had a Suncoast video that carried a good selection... that was the year Love Hina hit. Damn, I miss Suncoast.

I guess I'm fairly all over the place when it comes to anime... I can go from watching Slayers to Please Teacher/Twins to Blood to World of Narue to .Hack to B Gata H Kei.

I'm probably quite a bit older than you and I didn't have many friends into anime (those who were usually watched the stuff I'd managed to find / bootleg). I'm not saying that as some sort of "you young pup" sort of thing... just that back when I first got into anime, it was so hard to find that if you found a VHS copy of RG Veda, you treasured that shit.

I lost my collection (which was fucking huge) a few years ago, and have been rebuilding it, but I'm being much more selective now. I have replaced some of my old favorites, but considering a lot of them are out for print, I've paid out the ass for a lot of them.

I've listed stuff I like... and I am pretty all over the map I guess. Your mileage may vary :)

Madoka Magica
Made in Abyss

This is my personal list right now, I'm just copying and pasting it in so don't blame me if the formatting is shitty.
(not ordered on ranking, just to clarify)

- = Finshed
X = Still Watching
O = Still Ongoing

Kotoura San -
Engaged to the Unidentified -
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru -
Seitokai Yakuindomo -
Eromanga Sensei -
Nisekoi -
Kaichou wa Maid Sama
Toradora -
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou -
Haganai -
Kimi ni Todoke -
Oreimo -
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken -
Hunter X Hunter -
Konosuba -
No Game No Life -
And you thought there was never a girl online -
Trinity Seven -
Jojo's -
Mob Psycho -
FLCL -
Oniai -
Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou
Ore Monogatari X
Chobits X
Assasination Classroom X
Sumomomo Momomo X
Golden Time X
True Tears X
My Hero Aca X O
GAMERS! X O
New Game + X O
Aho Girl X O
Dragon Ball Super X O

One of the classics like berserk, start with the first season and then follow onto the new ones.
Elfenlied
Re:Zero is a more recent one i'd highly recommend. psychological, gory, fantasy,

Made in abyss was one hell of a ride.