Birmingham City University becomes first in Europe to offer black studies degree

Black studies is now available as a course at Birmingham university despite the fact there are no influential or significant coloured people in British history; we've only had an established black community in this country for 70 years.

So we can conclude that this is going to be 9 month course on the life of Lenny Henry; considering the end of the "colour bar" (the ability to refuse people service based on colour) was a side note by a Labour government and not a massive social movement.

And the fact Slavery hasn't been a legal practice in the British isles since the Normans; black slaves only ever came through British ports like liverpool and glasgow, they were never put to work in the UK.
independent.co.uk/student/student-life/Studies/birmingham-city-university-becomes-first-in-europe-to-offer-black-studies-degree-a7038131.html

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/media/2015/dec/04/itv-ainsley-harriott-lenny-henry-knighthood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>So we can conclude that this is going to be 9 month course on the life of Lenny Henry
tip top kek

>Birmingham university
Hilarious m8, good one.

Who the hell is Lenny Henry?

So... Primatology?

The only British black man up until 1990.

It's weird , when I see black people round here they just strike me as Jamacians with English accents yet when I see 'African Americans' I class them as just American.
Anyone else feel the same way?

DELETE THIS

Lenny Henry, Ainsley Harriott and Andy Peters were the only black people I had ever heard of until I was like 12 years old. Maybe excluding a few footballers.

BCU is a shit-tier uni. It's not even in the top 100 last I checked.

Because there is no Black English culture. It's just an amalgamation of Caribbean, African, African-American and white working-class British culture.

A shit black comedian who is now given money to talk about how there are too many white people in England. He and Sophie Okonedo are the testicles to Idris Elba's penis in matters of "social justice."

fucking nigger we are trying to Make Austria Great Again and you had to ruin it

Lol they're going to use this as justification for more and more black people into the UK. Then black students will be taught this to create extreme racial tension like here in the US and tear your country apart.

>what is foreshadowing
>what is slippery slope

>“Student movements have recently demonstrated this across the country, complaining of a ‘narrow knowledge’ in universities, including the ‘Why is my curriculum white?’ campaign.”
fuck sake

>Birmingham

What do you expect? It's nigger/sandnigger central. 43% white.

Yeah you're heading in the same direction we are. It's subversion. Someone at the top is pushing this to subvert your country and tear it apart from the inside out. This is America-tier shit without any actual basis of oppression.

>tfw europeans will get to taste diversity for the first time in their lives after they've called us backwards for decades
>welfare state will collapse under muzzy weight
>KEK

> black studies degree
coconut counting
sandcastle constructing
avoiding alimonies

> black studies degree^2
banana peeling
city riots
drunk driving

worth every penny

>black students will be taught this to create extreme racial tension like here in the US and tear your country apart.
This

>This is America-tier shit without any actual basis of oppression.
And this.

No guesses for knowing that the guy that pushed for this is Black and studied at Harvard.

>intellectual traditions

I wonder if ISIS will ever bomb our "elite" universities for us.

>Q1) Who we wuz?
>A) KANGZ
>collect degree

>please insert disc 2

>So we can conclude that this is going to be 9 month course on the life of Lenny Henry

fucking hilarious mate, laughing like a good 'un here.

>9 month course on the life of Lenny Henry

but yeah he's an insufferable twat

A degree from BCU is almost completely worthless anyway, so I don't see a problem with them stopping pretending that they are.

Christ in a bike.

Apart from the obvious shitness, what good is a 'degree' like this, even? It's got to be the worst degree ever in terms of employment usefulness.

You know what to do

Welp, looks like UK is done for. Even if you leave EU you still have infiltrators it seems. Unless you started a hardcore nationalist movement and cracked down hard on brown people which isn't going to happen - you're heading in the direction of America at a far quicker pace.

Not even memeing, pic related is UK within the next century.

THANK YOU BASED BRIT

Why are you thinking so rationally about this in terms of how it is going to affect employment prospects and shit? That's not even the fucking point and quite frankly it is the last thing that should even be crossing your mind.

This is about stoking racial tensions, creating racial privileges, and increasing the non-white population

>the Aryanatlantic slave trade

Don't think a mass ethnic purge will ever happen here; the last one was the St. Brides day massacre in 1006.

I think given the shift to the far right on the continent, the right wing in this country will become increasingly more inclined towards high tory opinions and encourage migration of ethnic minorities and introduce pro-natalist policies for white Britons.

Shit like this and the attempt to move the statue of Enoch Powell is having a visible effect on the native population in terms of how they view non-indigenous people.

Can you imagine what the tutors will be like?

They already live in my town...

THANK YOU BASED BRIT

From the Article

The professor - who is currently engaged in a project examining the role of black radicalism in contemporary organisation against racial oppression - said: “For too long, UK universities have overlooked the experiences and perspectives of those in the African diaspora.

“The contributions of black scholars, activists, and communities have not been recognised, creating a limited curriculum.

“Student movements have recently demonstrated this across the country, complaining of a ‘narrow knowledge’ in universities, including the ‘Why is my curriculum white?’ campaign.”

Don't forget based Moira. And possibly Trev too.

>complaining of a ‘narrow knowledge’ in universities, including the ‘Why is my curriculum white?’ campaign
This is just coming from America though, via social media . . . .Brit Blacks never really had an issue before.

>with an additional two month focus on the media's inability to distinguish Lenny Henry from Ainsley Harriot

theguardian.com/media/2015/dec/04/itv-ainsley-harriott-lenny-henry-knighthood

African intellectuals

Yep; hence the "black lives movement" that was here a few months ago.

It's fucking retarded.

>‘Why is my curriculum white?’
>Forced to transcribe it all into Ebonics

>African
>intellectuals

Do I even have to say it?

>literally a degree that tries to teach you to have pride in your race
cosmic lel

>Hol up
>*cocks gun*
>U sayin'
>*Points gun*
>Yo hol up
>We wuz intilectules n sheet?

>The contributions of black scholars, activists, and communities have not been recognised

Doesn't that imply they have contributed nothing that would be worth putting in a university course?

Do you mean they are starting to hate them more? Or native Brits are becoming more and more brainwashed to accept cuckoldry? Which one?

You're dumb. You can't see the forest for the trees. They will brainwash them into thinking they were oppressed and that British people raped and pillaged Africa so now they owe black people in the UK special privileges. Use some critical thinking skills. Everything that has happened in the US is what they are trying to do to you. It's only going to get worse and worse.

Both.

Although far more the further than the latter; it's only become an issue in the last 5 years and sectarianism is definitley rising.

If there is one thing the British can't stand it's intentional rudeness; and coming into someones home and demanding they rearrange the furniture is rude.

Yeah. But remember, its the white man putting them down.

Entry requirements: 112 UCAS Points

That's the equivalent of 3 Cs at A-Level and a B at AS. For our non-English and Welsh friends, this is a literal retard-tier course.

Were you expecting straight A's? Only jews & whites would get on the course!

NO you are 'dumb' you obviously never understood my post. I am not disagreeing with you.

>Brit blacks never really had an issue before

But they will soon

Is this the power of BCU?

Yes, I agree with you.

>tfw noble family in england
>always wanted to go visit the castle
>now it's just englanistan

Well, between this and Germanistan I guess all I have left of my heritage is Czech and Scotland. Are those places screwed?

>Scotland
>are they screwed

Oh yes

THANK YOU BASED BRIT

Good grief. When is chucking a can of paint on socially objectionable people going to come back into style?

What kind of jobs can I get with a black studies degree?

We've kept the drunken ginger fuckers at bay for a good thousand years; can't see why we can't protect them against themselves for another good thousands years.

Chin chin.

None.

See this -

Zeinab badawi as well as Don Warrington (rising damp)

The sitcom Desmonds...

>Birmingham
>university
Pick one

>a history course dedicated to prepping girls to accept jarells full girth

My boiclitty can't complete anyway bois just jerk off and enjoy the downfall.

Birmingham City University started as Birmingham Poly though

all their courses have fairly low entry requirements

literally who

oh god zeinab badawi
i have some bad thoughts about her

a degree as valuable as russian poetry or egyptian pottery or anything from fullsail

If America is any guide they'll spend most of the course split between exaggerating the influence of flakey intellectuals like Angela Davis and "deconstructing" ghetto culture and explaining why screaming BITCHES MONEY PUSSY is the apex of art.

So what does black studies mean? They study crime, rape and murder? Shitty rap music?

THANK YOU BASED BRIT

Here in America it's basically just fairy tales and exaggerations about the "contributions" of blacks. Which amounted to hauling bricks and picking cotton. They were replaced with machines 120 years ago and we've been stuck with these useless things ever since.

Underrated as fuck.

I live in Wolverhampton. It's too late for me.

The way I see it, being out of the EU will just give us more brown """"migrants""""

What? America is far less white than Britain. You'll become the United Hispanic Republic far sooner than the United Emirate of Great Britain is proclaimed.

ayy lmao

I'll never understand this "African Studies" meme.

Shouldn't this shit just be included in a History degree or something?