The ability to understand high level math and physics is not required to live and reproduce on this planet...

The ability to understand high level math and physics is not required to live and reproduce on this planet, so there are no evolutionary forces that would create it. So how did we get it?

Christians: 1
Atheists: 0

Believing in a magical sky-wizard is retarded.

Christians: 0
Atheists: 1

Saved for shock value

The ability to worship a divine figure is not required to live and reproduce on this planet, so there are no evolutionary forces that would create it. So how did we get it?

There's the belief that the entire universe is a living thing and it evolved humans on Earth (and probably other species on other planets) to become self-aware. The goal was that we'd explore the nature of the universe, and in doing so, help the universe understand the nature of it's being.
>So, God is the entire universe?

If that's how you wanna look at it, sure. Why not.

>So, we're God?

Same answer

Believe whatever you want. The universe does not care.

Believing the universe somehow created itself out of nothing is retarded.

Atheists: 0

nice one

The universe has always been here. Over and over.

Believing an invisible sky daddy made it is less retarded?

And your knowledge of pre-Big Bang existence comes from... where exactly?

>implying that Christians are evolutionary determinists
We don't have to obey your rules. You do.

He has faith.

the same place your knowledge of invisible sky daddy comes from

I sometimes find myself in the restroom at church furiously masturbating to the pastors son.

the same neuronal pathways that allows you to accurately throw a spear and outsmart a prey animal can be used to understand the physics behind those concepts and ultimately higher math and physics.

its all just a sideeffect of our extensive tool usage.

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

Actual deep thought of any type is pure luxury and only those animals which have surpassed direct and constant evolutionary stress and have found themselves successfully fed for many generations can achieve this. Crows and rats are instances for that, both which live from our remains have become notably smarter than comparable animals.

oh we gonna have fun tonight. NERDS FUCK HARDER DIPSHIT. sorry for lashing out. thank you for posting

>implying atheism and evolutionary determinism are self inclusive
shiggydiggy

If he's talking about either a cyclical universal crunch theory or the multiverse theory then from math.

should have read mutually* inclusive

are you saying that you are a part of the universe that is also god that doesn't care or that overall level of the universe caring about this individual is insignificant? I would love this user to spread our message of absurd nihlism. Nothing matters, natas si pmurt comrade

You mean a book that has been analyzed, researched, affirmed and validated as true by billions of wise humans over hundreds of years, or do you mean a physics textbook that was reviewed by maybe a half dozen peers, who each called the idea dubious?

Understanding science and medicine to create anti biotics to keep your dick from falling off from all the stds so you can procreate

Science: over 9000
Religion: -2

>see first post in thread for topic

Do YOU care about a single piece of DNA in a toenail? You're less significant than that. It's mankind as a whole that matters. Just as your whole body matters to you.

The ability to do math is a bonus to our general intelligence and us being a social organism capable of language.

>inb4 general intelligence is not required to live and reproduce
Lol, when you're a hairless ape living in the savanna, it's a necessity.

You mean the book that says the cure for leprosy is washing with crows blood? that has been "validated" as true?

>dick saved from dropping off by inventor of Penicillin
>a Roman Catholic
>anal warts invented by David Hume
checkmate

He said from his perch in the Mandalay

>high level math and physics
stay focused

Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro. What comes before what comes before? Something right? unless there's no time. If time needs a universe than it's not so much happening again and again so much as once forever, in billions of different ways. It's simple logic. Either there is something or there is at any given point. If there isn't something there, there can be something there. if there is something there, that's it and it's in the universe. If there's nothing and no where for something to be then why would we talk about it?

>God

You know he hates being called that.

I am NOT missing.

>SHOW YOURSELF

High level math and physics is a structure built on basic math.
Even animals understand basic math on an instinctual level because what we call "math" is a structured term on an abstraction.

A bird feels twigs with his mouth and puts them in a nest formation until the nest is done.
He understands when there's too many twigs, he understands how to put them there, does he mean he understands math and engineering?
No.
Math and engineering are structured concepts on these basic abstractions.

Since we're intelligent, we built on those abstractions to create structures that we call high level math and physics.
They're not part of our instincts, rather they're the result of a domino effect starting off from basic instinct-tied knowledge.

This is all really easy shit you should've figured out back in school if you weren't busy sleeping in class and doodling swastikas under your desk insted of paying attention.

Except neuronal pathways to know how to design and throw a spear are not necessary to survive on this planet either. Why would they exist in us but none of the other thousands of species that evolved in the same environment?

These two. aren't we capable of playing with scale? A single strand of DNA might not sound like much and yet certain ones have had much importance. Humans are the same. I'm Saying I care about this user. You Say the universe does not. As a part of the universe, does my care for this user mean the universe cares?

FUCK GOD. That faggot is a figment of your imagination. If I am wrong, may he strike me down right now.
FUCK YOU GOD YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

The question was what was the evolutionary advantage, in terms of acquiring partners to pass on one's genes, to create Calculus, say. Perhaps the dick lodged in your throat distracted you.

Math is just an extension of written language: written symbols signifying ideas.
How complicated it gets is merely a function intellectual ability and how accurate/precise you wish it to be.

Well if there's an all-knowning, all-powerful being that created all of creation, i doubt he gives a fuck that someone on Sup Forums is saying "fuck you".
Just sayin'.

If i was god i wouldn't really do anything to you, i'd be too busy creating a dimension full of blue alien sentient vaginas and then fucking them all day.

Luke 4:12

*function of

Not my theory, but the theory says you're created with a drive to understand high concepts like the nature of the universe. Personally, I think someone saw Star Trek The Motion Picture and came up with this on the fly... but it's an interesting theory.

>math based on nature of the universe
>universe doesn't exist until big bang
>tries to apply math to period before big bang

okay

>The question was what was the evolutionary advantage
Same shit that defines us as humans since the dawn of time, it allows us to use better tools.
We've been using tools since inveting spears because they allow us to hunt, eat, and survive.
It's our main survival technique since forever.

We're not even the only animals to do this, we just built on the basics to where we are now, we make tools, that's what we do.
This conversation is so fucking boring, this is all shit you should've figured out when you were a kid.
Why are you so retarded?

she's gorgeous
but you're avoiding the question of how advanced mathematics beyond the comprehension of more than a few hundred people contributes to one being able to pass on one's genes. perhaps, and I hope this is true, you find the claims of evolutionary psychology and evolutionary determinists unconvincing, in which case we agree.

Deuteronomy 22:12
"You must put four tassels on the hem of the cloak with which you cover yourself--on the front, back, and sides."
Timestamp, picture of your cloak with tassels or I will see you in hell

...are you stupid?
He's literally telling you it's a cycle, there was another universe before this, then when this ends, there'll be another one.
That's what cyclical means.
There was math before this universe, there'll be math afterwards.
Math is an abstraction.

Look around you mate. I've seen people with and without the drive. Whether they were created that way by chance or design is a non issue for me. I am trying to get something across to you but it doesn't seem to be taking hold. You have so many of the pieces

You seem unable to consider the actual topic, and you've substituted into the topic (how does my founding of some esoteric high math only a few dozen people understand) help me to get laid and pass on my genes, which evolutionary determinists say is the motivation for everything we do) a completely opposite idea, that of altruism - I don't need to pass on my genes, I just want to help the species.
And you call me retarded. Top fucking kek, you dumb twat.

Romans 6:14

And you know this because a magical land wizard says so?

Another religious guy who hasn't understood Darwin

>thinking books from the Jew bible are relevant to the argument

Mathew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
checkmate

humanity is a cess pool of fucking failure and immorality, humans do not deserve to exist

What does Darwin say about the evolutionary value of Calculus.

see

'k... V'GER

I have my own beliefs of the nature of the universe that I've taken literally decades to form. And, it's not that fascinating. Certainly not worth getting into on Sup Forums. Somewhere between science and religion is reality. And we can all shape reality in many ways.

nice job faggot now go suck god's nigger cock

>Believing the universe somehow created itself out of nothing is retarded.

Because believing in a magic sky wizard that's somehow perfectly virtuous allows all evil on earth to go unchecked, somehow manages to both love and hate everyone at the same time, sees absolutely everything everyone does during their lifetime simultaneously yet enforces no limits on personal suffering in life. Then, because that's not enough, is willing to punish that same person for an eternity if they don't kiss their undead son's ass for a sin they never committed.

Christianity and everything like it is herd mentality in it's ultimate form and is proof that the majority are in fact, mentally ill.

Scientific inquiry, which includes all levels of mathematical and physics-oriented thinking, is tantamount to the survival of humans. We as a species do not have phenotypical adaptations to make the most out of any specific habitat, so our immediate ancestors had to design and implement objects and schemes to do so. Those who have procreated most likely did so in the most stable environment they could access, and successfully changed what they could when that stability was compromised. All this is accelerated and enhanced by our tendency to live together and our capacity to exchange ideas.

>And we can all shape reality in many ways.

how do you figure?

Believing a sky wizard somehow creates itself out of nothing is retarded.

Christians: 0

Those that are capable of math that is beyond most of humanity are the outliers, not the norm by any standard.
My assertion was that mathematics was an extension of written language, a system to specify with precision a numerical quantity, as opposed to general ideas described by spoken/written language.
If we can establish that language and sociality is an evolutionary benefit due to our ability to coordinate our efforts toward a common goal, then we can establish that as our ability to comprehend more and more intricate social complexities and more and more intricate languages, we see a commensurate rise in mathematical ability, due to its need for symbol manipulation, which is a big component of spoken/written language.

TL;DR We can do math because we can speak, we can speak because we are social animals. We can do complex math because our social structures and the language needed to navigate them are complex.

Except apes and gorillas lived and survived in the savanna (and still are) without ever "evolving" intelligence. Proving it's not necessary.

Basic quantum mechanics- the act of observation fundamentally changes what's being observed, and changes the observer.

Also, energy and matter are interchangeable. They are the same thing.

Ask the descendents of those we nuked.
Oh wait, there are none.

science is beyond useless, it doesn't solve the problem of suffering, only exacerbates it, so why should science be allowed to continue in its current form?

where did you hear this shit?

Yeah, FUCK antibiotics! In the ASS!!!

>until everything is accomplished
>These things happened in fulfillment of the Scriptures
yathzee!

>if I create a straw man, I win
kys

But what are people going to do without a hope of eternal life! Death surely can't be all there is to their precious lifes.

antibiotics only help people live longer, why the fuck would you want to live longer on this godforsaken planet

>thinking people believe that at all

Christians:1
Retard: 0

>For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear,

being dead is better than being alive in every respect

Strawman? It's basic observation

>So how did we get it?

Frustrated virgins.

OK, science is "beyond useless" to some loser like you... got it.

Only to a loser like you.

>implying old covenant laws apply to Gentiles

I don't really buy the analogy/claim that math is an extension of language.
Language is imprecise and always changing. The number 6 is perfectly precise, and 6 is essentially eternal. Numbers are spooky.

Won't aggree on death being better than flopping around, doing fun things with life, but death is definitely better than eternal suffering or kissing up to some higher being.

So you think the scientists who invented the bomb had a greater chance of passing on their genes than guys who, as the meme goes, reach their full evolutionary potential at the gym?
I mean, take a ballplayer with an IQ of 80 who plays in the NBA and has 12 kids from 8 different women. That seems to be a better way to pass on your genes, if that's the whole ballgame.

Freemasonry should be your next step. Its worse than LSD but better than church. You can buy LSD on dark markets like the dream market bitch. Comped Illumination bitch.

It did give us 7.3 billion people on the planet. So thanks.

They took a different path.
Evolution does not always happen the same every time, and there is not only one solution to the survival problem. That's how we get the whole taxonomy of life.

Perhaps high intelligence started off as a fluke, a mutant primate with the ability to create relatively advanced technology, which gave him an edge over his stupid neighbors. Because he reproduced (likely a lot) and passed on his intelligence, it started a snowball effect where intelligence was slowly selected for, creating more and more intelligent primates.
The easy explanation for why we don't see that effect in other primates (even though they are quite intelligent when it comes to most of the animal kingdom), is they haven't had that freak of nature that manages to invent the wheel, writing, or discover fire.

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

This is unambiguous, direct quote from that faggy zombie carpenter.
Jesus came to uphold every "jot and tiddle" of the old testament.
I know you christ fags like to pick and choose from that ridiculous book but unless you follow every rule in the old testament, you are going directly against his wishes. Do you have a flat roof? Does it have a wall or fence at the edge of it? If not you go to hell. Have you ever eaten pork or shrimp/prawns? If so, you are hell bound. Does your cloak have tassels? No? Dont have a cloak? Lake of fire for you

>until all is accomplished
>It is accomplished

>Jesus talking to audience of Jews
>telling them yes, they have to obey Jewish laws
>telling them they're different than Gentiles
>telling them I'm here for the Gentiles
>telling them convert Gentiles to my teachings
>not to Jewish teachings
>b/c they're not Jews, you are
>rules are different for them

You seem uncomfortable in this life. Why stay? By your own admission, we're somehow a "burden".

I like how atheists are more Biblical literalists and fundamentalists than Westboro Baptist.

Mathematics evolves with the times as well.
Do you think we used Greek symbols for physics equations before there were any Greeks?

And there's nothing really spooky about numbers at all. They're just a description of reality, like the adjectives cold or hot.

>There are cold stones.
>There are six stones.

Math is just describing these numerical realities with high precision.

The stoned ape theory holds that consciousness was developed through the regular ingestion of psychoactive mushrooms.

That's what we/they do.

Progressively complex shelters need a more and more complete understanding of physics