It took me a while to realize that this was crap

It took me a while to realize that this was crap.

Han died way too fast.
The story was an exact replica of 4.
None of George's ideas were used.

That's the big one. None of George's ideas were used. Episode 7 was supposed to take place only shortly after Episode 6 and it was supposed to involve Luke more.

I now realized that George had the right idea. Repeating the same thing (like Disney did for the fans) is a very boring thing. If I want to watch Episode 4, I can just watch 4.

And the saddest part.

Even if they gave Star Wars back to George. Which they never will, but even if they said they were to re-direct episodes 7-9 in the way George would have wanted them; the fact that Force Awakens has Carrie Fisher in it and the fact that she died after the movie now makes this movie a permanent piece in Star Wars movie history.

Also, Rogue One was so boring, I couldn't even fucking watch it all the way to the end.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=fnevjnLdjvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much, OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

Han died at the end though lol

Not what I meant. I meant he shouldn't have died for at least 2 movies. Enough to create some character development between him and his son.

George sold the rights to the franchise. So whether or not his ideas were used doesn't fucking matter. Don't get butthurt at the people who made Force Awakens. Get mad at Lucas.

Also, Force Awakens wasn't terrible
Also, Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.

He probably means that Han should have endured up to ep.7 or so.

I was thinking on Mil. Falcon crashing something to save the day.

Cliché, but I can't think on something more glorious right now .

Episode 7 is the first of the 3 though.

You thought Rogue One was boring? You want us to take you seriously after that?

Maybe not boring, but plagued with more holes than Death Star of Episode 6...certainly.

I meant ep.8. Thanks for noticing.

If you really study the making of starwars you'll realize how little George Lucas had to do with its success. If you want to see the kind of movie George Lucas produces just look to the prequels. Be glad he had nothing to do with the force awakens and blame JJ Abrams for his lazy writing that panders to nostalgia over actual plot.

the last 5min of RO were good, the rest was shit. either you are a teen and did not realize the summer is over or you are lying to yourself or us?

Harrison's ford demanded he be killed in the first movie or he wouldn't participate. He has no interest in spending another ten years on Star Wars movies.

You liked Rogue One?

Can you explain to me how any of the characters were likable like Luke was in episode 4?

It was the closest thing to a great Star Wars movie since the original trilogy. Including the 3 shit prequels directed by Lucas. I had more fun with that movie than any other Star Wars movie in my lifetime.

Respect the dubs tho

Rogue One made me wanna shout "fire on the hole" because of the inconsistencies. It's not a terrible movie, though, simply looks too rewritten.

What would have been better is to have seen their relationship prior to Ben's turn

Harrison Ford wanted out of the series after Empire Strikes Back. His roll in TFA essentially gives the fans what they want in having Han Solo around as well as giving Harrison what he wants by letting him retire the roll he has wanted out of forever.

I do agree, however, that George Lucas had the right idea when creating his series. He was all about pushing the limits of technology and building stunning worlds which exceed imagination. He did exactly what he wanted and not what others wanted; he catered to his own desires rather than pandering to the desires of a group of people who don't know what they want to begin with, and that is part of what I loved about it.

The worst part of all of this, in my opinion, is that we will never get a George Lucas X John Williams collab ever again.

Exactly. These movies are just blatant cash grabs. They think you're too stupid to realize they're just recycling plot lines.

So Harrison fucked Han. Yeah!

Star Wars 1-3 wasn't that bad though.

Star Wars 1 was cool to watch as a kid. The pod race was awesome. The Phantom Menace fight was awesome.

Star Wars 2 was also pretty great. The clone battle was good. It wasn't too great. But 3 picks up for it.

Star Wars 3 was top tier of the prequels. Lots happening. The space battle. The crash landing. The light saber battle between Obi Wan.

You cannot make a great movie that appeals to millennials with old fashioned Star Wars style strategies. Star Wars 4 was great for its time. But action needs to be faster nowadays. Star Wars 1-3 delivers.

Star Wars 7 doesn't.

>None of George's ideas were used
>Gives Star Wars back to Lucas
>Jar Jar Binks/ Are you an angel?
>Crybaby Vader/ shitty arch storyline
> More crybaby Vader, whiny Obiwan, younglins. Done.
What's next Lucas?
>I don't know lol :P Moar Jar Jar?

Fuck you OP

>he catered to his own desires

and that's why those movies killed nearly ever actors career who took part in them with the exception of a Liam meson and Natalie Portman.

The should've kept Jar Jar, to the point where they included his story in a recut version of Eps 4-6.

You do realize that 4-6 are great because George did not have full creative control. He wanted to add all of these crazy concepts from his novels, but the producers and higher ups talked him to reason that people need it to be relatable and not too far out there in regards to sci-fi. Because they still needed it to reach a wide audience.

And that is why 1-3 are pretty awful, because George finally had Führer control over the production and everyone was afraid to tell him when a bad idea is a bad idea. He was just encouraged by those he hand picked to tell him "great ideas sir!" His echo chamber created a shitty trilogy that is rendered unwatchable.

And episode 7 onward are just cash grabs. Yes I watched episode 7 and it was very boring, predictable, and generic.

It's all lame shit.

Only reason I saw them is because if my girlfriend. I did any of the new shit from episode 4+. 1-3 were the only good ones.

Fuck you millennial faggots for destroying a good series with your fee fees and social justice trash.

Hang yourself.

Are you referring to 1-3 as in the original trilogy... because that is episodes 4-6. You should refer to them by title number, not release number.

I think all of the movies in the main saga are great, and the prequels are unironically my favorites. Say all you want about the acting, the story as a whole is absolutely fucking nuts.

They sucked man get over it. The special effects were not nearly advanced as they needed to be to pull off all the cgi. Acting was hot garbage with the exception of Liam neeson. Annoying character like jar jar. You do realize that he had to recut the whole third movie after it went to special effect finalization just months before release because the special effects company literally told him he couldn't realease the movie in the state that it was in and we still got this gem.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnevjnLdjvo

Like I give a shit, I'm outta this gay thread you all can go back to sucking each other's cocks.

I didnt really care for them, and really I only think that 4-6 alright, not that greatest movies Ive ever seen. I am a huge sci-fi book fan, but Star Wars is watered down science fantasy. I don't really care for fantasy that much.

>inb4 someone says sci-fantasy and sci-fiction are the same thing

You're not wrong.

The story is fucking nuts as in, it's unbelievable?

Because I think so too. I mean it's like. The movie Titanic. It's unbelievable but it really happened.

Star Wars 1-3 is amazing that way. Just unbelievable shit happening.

Translation: I made a mistake and am mad for being called out on it

A-ok cool guy.

I want to remake Episode 1.
Vader is 22 years old. He grew up on the streets. He uses force powers to his advantage. He demonstrates both good and evil. He is a few years younger than Obi Wan but doesn't know shit about being a Jedi.
Now imagine a 3 episode arch with a man who is believably swayed one way or another, not a tumbling little toddler crybaby faggot.
Also I would remove the haze of retardation and lame over all the Jedi. If that means giving them proper enemies so be it. The words trade agreement might appear once in background dialog as an easter egg. The real stories will be compelling and relevant shit, like the true moral dilemma of the Jedi order and Vader wondering is it morally right to put down a rebellion that can save lives and order, even if in doing so you are suppressing a right to secession? But with blasters, star ships and sabers.
All the inconsistencies and contradictions the old prequels made will be fixed, ex.Padme won't die immediately.

The “leak” that we got turned out to be better than this shit.
>Rey and Kyle were twins and the remaining heir of palpatine
>Luke was afraid of them becoming a new palpatine and attacked the temple they were being raised in when they were babies
>they survived but were separated, Ren eventually finding his way to Snoke and Rey landing on desert planet
>Luke would’ve been found sooner and would’ve acted like an Obi-Wan figure
>Finn was force sensitive
>Rey would’ve idolized Luke without knowing their history together
>Luke mentors her and tries to sway her over to the light side
>finale would’ve been Ren finally meeting his sister and telling her the truth
>he duels Luke and loses, severely injuring himself and requiring him to wear the mask
>Rey commends up saving him and they both travel to Snoke to complete Ren’s training
>Luke realizes that by trying to stop evil, he had inadvertently created it
>Light side is shown as having flaws as well
>movie ends with Luke training Finn to combat the new threat

Kids won’t watch that.

>None of George's ideas were used.

Stopped reading right there. You are a retard.

It's nuts as in it's fucking genius.

You've literally got a fucking senator manipulating both the Republic via a queen and the Trade Federation via Sith influence in order to become the goddamn chancellor due to a vote of no confidence and then the dude just fucking persuades a bunch of planets to create a separatist movement in order to create a fucking WAR that was planned out like 20 years beforehand. Not only that but since he's playing both sides he literally just makes his pawns on both sides fall into each others' traps solely to further his own fucking cause in which neither side is important in the long run. That is absolutely genius.

I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.

How can one user be so very wrong about absolutely everything?

George's biggest mistake was straying from a linear story about a small group and their singular contributions to a larger unseen plot. Character development was lost when there were 3 fight scenes, a senate hearing, 2 shady deals, and a love scene all going on at once. The prequels were just too much world building.

My god, finally someone gets it.

In no universe would Darth Vader ever question whether or not it is morally right to put down the rebellion. He had lost literally everything that he once held dear to him and, regardless, the change from Anakin to Vader makes the issue of morality moot because the Sith don't act on morality. The reason Vader turned, in Return of the Jedi, wasn't because of morality but because of love for his son.

Now just start calling it Star Wars, not episode 4 and you'll sound like a Gen-X oldfag. The movies are referred to as: Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Shit, Shit, Shit, Force Awakens, and rogue one.

Also, watch the People vs. George Lucas to find out why he needed to lose the license.

Rogue One is better than the prequels and TFA. Also ANH.

The next movie has potential, but it could end up being a knock off of Empire.

The only plot point we haven't really seen in the Star Wars Universe is a character turning from the Dark to the Light. Vader sort of counts for that, but he dies immediately after. In all of star wars we haven't seen some one come back and stay there to do good. It's not true, but one could argue that vader never actually came to the light, him killing the emperor and dying himself (as the last sith) brought balance to the force.

It would make for a hugely interesting 3rd movie if Rey falls to the darkside, but Kylo returns to the light in the next one.

The scene where maul shows up on naboo, there’s 20 people (with weapons) and 2 Jedi but qui gon says “we’ll handle this” while the others go the long way...why didn’t they just blast/ls him right there?

Plus one second maul is beating both Jedi but then gets cut in half like a bitch by obi wan? Who was writing that shit?

go to bed billy.

The rabbit hole goes deeper yet when you realize that not only did the sith impregnate anakins mom but also killed her to push anakin over the edge.

Come on, man.

They wouldn't have been able to hit him. He would have deflected and dodged every one of their blasts.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knew that Darth Maul was Sith due to the fact that Qui-Gon fought Maul on Tattooine and, historically, only Sith use red lightsabers. This would mean they would both know that Maul would have the ability to deflect blaster fire at inhuman speeds, which would kill off everyone needed to get to the throne room.

>same/more action
>less confusing bullshit
>believable moral conflicts
>believable villains
>believable revolution to empire
>Jedi you can be proud of.

Sure kids would hate it.

Current version
>episode 1 wasted. Little boy of pure heart "too old" to be swayed to good. Utterly pointless fights about utterly uninteresting bullshit conflicts with utterly uninteresting or outright annoying characters.

>Episode 2-3 a ludicrously convoluted plot by random senator from Naboo that people somehow never noticed was a fucking Sith, to overthrow entire galactic government.
>Jedi don't realize he's Sith until he's being tossed out a fucking window by him at end of third movie.

>shitty love story shoehorned in to explain kids.

No I mean the question will be a moral test for the Jedi. Their rigidity in ethos and response to problems will put them to the test as they question whether or not they should support or crush minor outlying governments from seceding when the tactics involved get innocent people killed. To get involved could result in more violence. Yet the rebels are already harming innocent people.

This would create an actually believable ultimate split between Vader and the council if the Jedi ultimately side with the rebellion. I imagine as Palpatine is securing his power and position he would have the popular support of the people and in that drumbeat he would denounce the Jedi. Vader would be forced to choose sides, the Jedi supporting rebellion, the galactic government veering towards an empire. Vader would ally with the emperor. The people would ally with the emperor and there would be no need to secretly kill the Jedi, everyone would be gunning for them. Instead of dying like bitches, they would die defending an ideal they supported by a mob of whipped up imperialists and government powers, including the Sith.

Since we're on the subject of stat wars, what did you guys think of the battlefront 2 beta?

You rember all those droids outnumbering the goodguys 5 to 1? Remember how two jedis slaughtered most of them by rediirecting their blaster bolts? All Maul would have had to do is kill the princess and that fight was done. With 20+ blaster bolts flying at him, and effectively two lightsabers, if they opened fire she was as good as dead, jedi or no.

Simple logistics.

Basically I think it would make for a more compelling narrative arch if in episode 1 the Jedi are symbols of purity and moral righteousness beloved by all. And by the end of 3 the people have turned on them, are calling for their heads, hunting them down. The undoing of the Jedi being the people and their fear and desire for power. Rather than the current arch where they are a nebulous organization that can't see Sith and they spend 3 movies waffling then all get surprise killed in the end because they did NOTHING FOR THREE MOVIES BUT SIT ON THEIR ASSES AND DEBATE.

People actually did hate the Jedi already in the midst of the Clone Wars, it's just not shown in the movies because the movies are about Anakin rather than the galaxy at large. In the Clone Wars series, for example, there is a huge demonstration of protesters outside of the Jedi Temple because the war had caused countless people to die over and over on several different planets all in the name of "democracy".

They also are unable to see the Sith because Palpatine and Plagueis shifted the balance of the Force in the favor of the Dark Side about 19 years before episode I, which clouded the Jedi's usage of foresight as well as their intuition through the Force.

20 of em..with 2 Jedi at same time..

Yeah, sounds reasonable...so we’re just ignoring all of the Jedi killed by blasters in the geonosian arena? Consistency in story telling at its finest.

Quite honestly, every single thing about the prequels that all of you have to complain about can be explained if you just read a few of the books or just watched some lore videos. Being in this thread made me realize how little of the Star Wars backstory the Star Wars community actually knows.

All the more to my point if that was the original idea. The prequels made the Jedi weak ineffectual, and stupid.

I can buy the Sith hiding. What I can't buy is the council sitting on their ass and ignoring obvious signs for three movies, to the point that Sam Jackson at the end of 3 is like "OMG there is a Sith!" and then everyone is fucking dead.

It's just bad writing. The Jedi have to fail. Now you can have it the original way where they fail because they do very little, talk about doing even less. Get dragged around by the leash on anakin for 3 films then all get murdered like bitches. Or you can have a story where they did good, made overt decisions to ally with good, and were overwhelmed by the empire and the changing tide of the people. Which makes it all the more poetic when they end up saving everyone's asses from the empire later on.

rogue 1 was the best starwars yet you retard

Simple would be while he’s deflecting the blasts obi and qui gon cut his head/legs/arms off.

No book can unsuck a crybaby Vader. Or everything that happened in Episode 1. Or the Jedi being a bunch of pussies who die ignorant deaths waffling in a time of crisis leading me one believe the Jedi should have died out completely because their rigid "do nothing, then nothing" ideology saved no one.

They knew the Sith were around, they just couldn't sense where they were. At the end of The Phantom Menace, Windu and Yoda have a discussion about it.

Right and halfway into 3 Anakin is like "Palpatine has been Sith this whole damn time you dummies" and they are like "Interesting theory. We'll have younglings discuss this in next week's lesson" and then they all died. All died sitting on their asses.

@747583981
>bold claim with no backing
Oh, look... more bait

I'm not even going to give you a (you)
:^)

I don't get it. Why do people hate Jar Jar so much?

No one hated 3po when Star Wars first came out.

The Jedi were purposefully spread thin across the galaxy by means of the Clone Wars so that, if his identity were to be discovered before Order 6, only a few on the council would be able to confront him and he knew he was powerful enough in the Force to take on the grand council. They did not have the ability to fully mobilize toward the chancellor's office. That being said, they did not just fuck off the notion of Palpatine being a Sith. They went straight to his office and confronted him.

>inb4 the jedi masters died too quickly
Read the novel

SeePlus how many Jedi went down like bitches when palp did order 66? Where were those blaster blocking skills then? Crappy storytelling is all that is.

>@

Fuck off back to twotter with that shit normie.

How the hell are you going to say "where were those blaster blocking skills" when these guys were literally bombarded with fucking gunfire from all directions? They were SURROUNDED by clones.

Nice if you to speak on everyone’s behalf, I hate jar jar and most of the droids. 3po most of all

Not every Jedi, some were vastly outnumbered yes but others only had a small group near them.

Are you kidding? Old Han was weak, physically awkward, and full of cliches. I couldn't have taken more than one movie of that. Plus Han already has a great deal of development and Kylo doesn't need another character to be alive for him to be influenced and develop based on their relationship. The mistake was putting han in the new films at all

I never liked star wars and I don't consider star wars fans to be real nerds

>Also, Rogue One was so boring, I couldn't even fucking watch it all the way to the end.
Rogue One needed a harsher editor towards the end to keep the battle scenes from dragging, but it was better than any of the prequels and Force Awakens.

The ones who weren't surrounded, on screen, died due to being flanked which is entirely reasonable. Plo Koon was flanked from behind by a clone in an ARC-170 and Stass Allie was flanked, as well, from behind by her clones on speeder bikes.

If you thought rogue one was boring, you're just not a star wars fan. Whichbis fine, it's just a fucking movie.

But rogue one was not boring. Greatest destroyer porn, no need to force any unlikely survival, and a bretty cool Vader scene.

To each their own.

Across the whole series it’s just riddled with holes, anakin could “sense” everything but not luke/leia? Vader never once acknowledged 3po even though he’s the one that built him, mace windu cuts boba fetts head off in 2 seconds but pauses with palpatine? Palpatine kills the three Jedi with windu no problem, obi wan and qgi run away from 2 destroyers yet take on 40 of em in geonosian arena, obi wan jumps down into a mob of droids yet grievous says he’ll handle him himself, obi wan gets ko’d by dooku yet somehow kills maul?

No consistency at all, pick how powerful the Jedi/sith are and stick with it.

Yeah ok, that’s 2 Jedi, there was more you know. The chick that looked like Asoka didn’t have that many guys around her, neither did the dude with the long head, yet they both got killed no problem.

this is the reason why, and when scripts and stories are changed merely to the will of some actor's demands, you get what you get

Jango fett*

Dubs are an unfortunate truth here, for the most part. I still think they are gonna go down the path of KOTOR and KOTOR 2, and Rey is not so much a Mary Sue as she is a repackaged Revan,

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER FOR KOTOR GAMES

having had her memory wiped by a clandestine Jedi "order" of some sort (the order is not clandestine in the KOTOR games, I'm saying the Jedi are in hiding, very much like KOTOR 2), perhaps some hidden and scattered group of Jedi reaching out to Luke, who has turned away from them because he has been disheartened and made a pessimist because his student has turned to evil, and because he feels responsible for his fall. Maybe this, and maybe a combo of some of this, with Kylo being a plant by those hidden Jedi?

When they first showed the official pics of Rey, the first thing I thought was Bastila costume design, mixed with Revan's story.

I hate to break it to you kid, but the fact that George Lucas's ideas were discarded actually made the movie BETTER. Also, discarding most of the expanded universe was necessary to make decent movies not bogged down by canon.

Where’s the super Jedi speed that anakin and obi wan used to get away from destroyers? Guess the other Jedi forgot they could do that.

I hated it right away! Rouge one was a little better though.

If Jedi have such good “senses” how come they couldn’t sense the clones turning on them?

Your daily reminder that C-3PO had a silver leg.

test

Do the new movies explain his red arm? I can’t bring myself to watch them.

Rogue One had one interesting element, which is that the rebels were depicted as terrorists (ISIS types) attacking the empire of white men, so you got this weird sense that the film was giving an implicit thumbs up to Al Qaeda while saying white men are basically the definition of evil. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching some dangerous propaganda.

Blame it all on JJ Abrams. Ruined Star Wars and Star Trek franchises. Not one original thought.

noticed it as well
really makes you think huh?

Blame it all on postmodernism, where everything is a pastiche of the past and nothing is original, and where self-referentiality is all

Jew Jew abrams and Michael bay both took a steaming shit all over my childhood memories, fuck those clowns.

More toys

1.) For what reason would he be able to sense Luke or Leia? He had never met them and was under the impression that they had never been born due to being told Padme died. He had no reason to feel out in the Force for them.

2.) Vader never comes into contact with 3PO or R2-D2

3.) He was about to make the killing blow but was held back by Anakin; he was distracted

4.) Yeah, Palpatine killed three Jedi with no problem because he's literally the culmination of the Rule of Two. He knows absolutely everything his predecessors knew and more, and he was a master duelist. In the novel it even states he moved so quick he looked like a blur.

5.) Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were pretty much forced to run because the droidekas had shield generators. It would be a pointless effort.

6.) Obi-Wan has a previous history with Grievous which makes their confrontation personal.

7.) When you're Force Choked and thrown against a fucking metal pole at high speeds, yeah, you'll faint.

Shaak Ti was killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple, not by clones. It's canon, my dude, and Yarael Poof didn't die in Order 66. He died way before.

How would speed have been useful when they were on a speeder bike and in a Jedi starfighter?

Because it was as quick as the snap of your fingers and Foresight was clouded by Palpatine and Plagueis shifting the balance of the Force in the favor of the Dark Side. The Jedi also had no reason to be on edge to try and sense for anything because they trusted their clones.

It's in homage to a droid that sacrificed himself to save 3PO

>Repeating the same thing (like Disney did for the fans) is a very boring thing

It's introducing it to a new audience and I love how you praise george when the prequels were aggressively boring.