Just watched this film, absolute masterpiece

Just watched this film, absolute masterpiece

But wtf? Are Russians such pussies they let people push them around and do fuck all? I heard this film was based on the famous Killdozer case and was waiting for a killdozer, yet none appeared, it was just 2 hours of Russians taking it up the ass from boris yeltsin.

My faith in the Russian people is totally shattered.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HK2lNuiD7gM
youtube.com/watch?v=qSisH7-7pBs
youtu.be/PlCaZl61yDY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I demand answers, this film fucked me up

That's what a century of dictatorship does to you.

"Government is like the weather, you can't do anything about it - just endure."

I'm half-Russian btw, so I have some experience with this.

Would you let some faggot smash down your ancestral house and say nothing? I just dont get it, where the fuck was the killdozer

it was okay

It was far better than ok, but oh man what an awful story

I'm afraid to tell people I watched this

okay lets do some analysis

it's been a while since i watched it but you have to pay attention to the pull of the priest and the last scene with the boss dude in church

there is a perverse confirmation at the end

that however evil he might be he is only a pious man and so forth

6/10
Good atmosphere though

We like movies like that where people are suffering and everything is fallen. It give us some amazing emotions.

Meme movie. Pretty retarded too

It is absolutely horrific, a pure perversion of authority. The government, law and church are all on the side of the "bad guy". Even the protagonists friend turns out to be an asshole.
In this case you have no choice to but to rack your shotgun, yet this did not happen and it sickens me to the core of my soul.

why dont you fight?

well there is the underlying assumption that since he didn't go to church he was the one who is wrong and so on which appeals to a very non-neutral bias that reflects back to the beginning

so the overall scheme is a brutal oppressive system in which if you are unlucky you become more unlucky and so on

so that every he tries to do to fight for his own individuality is completely subjugated by a larger scheme and ultimately any fight against the system is rendered pointless and morally negative as if he was fighting the society

I like to suffer

I wouldn't call it an assumption, the priest was clearly an evil influence absolving an evil man for his sins in a quid pro quo.
I'm sure plently of evil motherfuckers have gone to church and taken communion to feel better about themselves, its a comfort to their conscious

kys

Thats not the Russia I know and love, the Russia I know and love has heart and balls: youtube.com/watch?v=HK2lNuiD7gM

Nobody will ever give a fuck about sweden so lie in your own grave and get comfy sven

this song is part of suffering too

nah the priest lives simply, he may be evil but he makes no gains with his flock

he is no evil per se, nor does he condone it
the church is kind of sanctuary but it is the protag that avoids it

youtube.com/watch?v=qSisH7-7pBs

with my complements, enjoy

That suffering and ultimate triumph is an inspiration in my life more than anything else, maybe I'm only seeing what I want to see but yet I cant see them taking this kind of shit.
We have those kind of people in Ireland but they rob us with a smile and would not dare to put a gun to our heads because they know they would be fucked, I though Russians where Irish people X1000

The Priest knows exactly what the mayor does and indeed encourages him to use thuggish tactics to maintain his position, maybe the priest knows that if the mayor is replaced he will have to establish a new relatonship which might not be to his advantage, since he has this mayor by the balls due to his guilt.
He is the archetype of the well-fed medieval friar discussing the finer points of theology while peasants outside starve.

more masochist than the germans

am I wrong to suppose you have communist sympathies?

well this is the classic doestoyevskian suffering though

except he has no little girl to give him redemption

Russians are huge pussies that have been whipped into servitude by dictators for a 1000 years. Moscow taking over as the dominant Russian city was the worst thing to ever happen to Russia

I dont actually, my love of Russia goes far beyond communism

Thats not my mental picture when I'm seeing guys splitting German heads with a shovel at Stalingrad

I just dont get this Russian soul, why cry?
Awful film

Forced to fight by a commissar with a gun to their heads. Most of the Soviet soldiers were from the Turkic peoples they controlled

I'm sure those circumstances have occured many times in history and many times the people failed, the circumstances dont matter

it's not meant to viewed as akin to the hero cycle but as a contrast to something
authority in this case is not absolute but only attached to some earthly thing

and in this sense the protag's need for justice is entirely subjugated to the wills of those who have more

No you just have a hard on for the soviets because of call of duty or Red orchestra like other 15 year olds your age

you know why 20 million Russians died? Stalin send them to the front without guns, they were supposed to find a gun from a dead comrade, and behind them there were commissars shooting anyone that might be hesitant

>they were supposed to find a gun from a dead comrade
wrong war

in ww2 they had no ammo

note the title of this film

true, my mistake

they were supposed to find ammo from a dead comrade

I'm not saying Stalin was better than Napoleon but that they stood their ground and won, I think that is worthy of anyones respect, fucking christfag ameriburgers

>it's not meant to viewed as akin to the hero cycle but as a contrast to something

Yes
And when I see waves washing up on the shoreline I cry, because these sad fuckers let it wash over them and dont fight back, they surrender to the waves and the march of time

Throwing men into a meat grinder isn't heroic

It had to be done
It could have been done better, but yeah

>christfag ameriburgers

how old are you?

anyway, I think you have a case of the -boos, you overromanticize things.

>Just watched this film, absolute masterpiece
The picture is good, the story isn't
>But wtf? Are Russians such pussies they let people push them around and do fuck all? I heard this film was based on the famous Killdozer case and was waiting for a killdozer, yet none appeared, it was just 2 hours of Russians taking it up the ass from boris yeltsin.
Don't try to understand modern russian directors, they usually hate their own people.
>My faith in the Russian people is totally shattered.
Dude, this is a movie. You don't study the history of Salo by Pasolini's 120 days of Sodom, do you?

BadComedian had nice review of this movie, but AFAIK there are no English subtitles

the hero is much more physical in this sense because there is no winning, only being by existing and no give in like the priest, he lives, he lives to suffer simply because there is nothing to appease it

kind of like a certain man on the cross before all the reflections the moment of suffering defines his place beyond the immediate and in that he is a hero because he suffers

which is different from his gf who jumped in the ocean

My cousin when he was 14 talked the same way

Too old to be on this bullshit

>nyway, I think you have a case of the -boos, you overromanticize things.

Probably

Meme stories, only on Sup Forums.
Let's come up with some bullshit stories about ebil Stalin instead of talking serious look at the facts.

>Dude, this is a movie. You don't study the history of Salo by Pasolini's 120 days of Sodom, do you?

That film is pure filth which I wouldnt wipe my arse with, dont see what it has to do with this film

Ok I get his humanity and all, the book of job and all

BUT:

where
is
the
fucking
killdozer

More like assdozer

We had plenty of ammo in WWII. Not in the WWI though.

ammo logistics problem was a thing for russia in ww2

>they were supposed to find ammo from a dead comrade

This happens in a British movie only. In real life it didn't happen. The Soviet union had enough ammo to kill every single being on earth.

From one extreme to another oh good lord

It happened at the start of Operation Barbarossa, when the Russians were caught with their pants down, so to speak. Many units had guns but no ammo, and other units thought the whole thing was part of some training exercise that Moscow had forgotten to tell them about. By the time they worked out they really were being invaded, a lot of military units were in complete disarray, and when they received the order to counter attack, they had no guns or ammo. That's fine, says Moscow, The Germans have plenty of them. Here's a shovel/tree trunk/crowbar/molotov cocktail. See if you can trade it in for a slightly used Mauser or MP-40.

If you want a revenge movie, try "Voroshilov's sharpshooter". No, you're clearly mistaken. Before 1929 Soviet Union (as well as Russian Empire) had insufficient industrial potential: not enough power to build a parallel railroad (for example, the Trans-Siberian railway had only one pair of tracks so the trains could ride only in one direction at the time), not enough power to produce enough rifles and cartridges (that's why Tsarist government was buying rifles from foreign producers, like french-made Mosins, Japanese Meiji 38, US Winchester M1895).
And after industrialization the only real problem was the early months mess, which was already solved by the end of 1941's summer (I suppose).

One of our finest traditions is to climb a gravel mountain in bare feet

I havent dont it yet but some day

>no guns and ammo
>order to counterattack
Can you name the exact situation?

>Voroshilov's sharpshooter

I'll check it out.

Bust basically I'm saying I didnt see you guys taking shit from anyone

>Are Russians such pussies they let people push them around and do fuck all? I

The point is that they are powerless in the face of corruption and authority. Even the lawyer from Moscow eventually became totally demoralized and destroyed by the authorities

The laywer was always an asshole, banging the guys wife and eating his food at the same time

He got off really lightly desu (just a bloody nose)?

Don't watch propaganda of sadness. This kind of movies created to crush your spirit.

Also, as I mentioned before, if you have some knowledge of russian language, try BadComedian's review on Leviathan.
youtu.be/PlCaZl61yDY
The comments below:
"Are all modern russian movies are about drunkards and bydlo? Why do they make those movies, but I am the one who feels the shame for it?"

right
watch Forsage 7 and Batman 9
it's way better

Or soviet comedies, some movies can kill you literally or make morale unstable.

This was indeed a good film but slightly too long imo, there were a few scenes that could have been shortened and one or two that could have been cut.

Ok, in honour of the Russian Soul I pledge to climb croagh patrick in bare feet this summer just because. Its 750 meters of pure pain but I guess I have to do it.

Please bless me in this endeavour

Good luck, pal

Thank you m8

I will carry your memory to the top and say a prayer there

The entire story is retarded. If the goal was to build a church, then why didn't they rebuilt the old and ruined one? It's a common practice for modern ROC - to rebuild the old ones or to demolish them and start the new construction?
The lawer acts like a suicidal moron. Jumping in the mayor's car, for example.

It's stupid to expect a movie about civilian unrest from a moviemaker, who has the direct financial support from the state.

>absolute masterpiece

Really? This film is shit. (inb4 butthurt vatnik)

The whole scenario is illogical:

- Why would the mayor need this precise place to build a church? Why couldn't he restore the ruins of the church? Why couldn't he build it anywhere else, considering land around the house was empty?

- Why did his wife cheat on him? This was absolutely illogical move. Also whole their marriage is strange. If they love each other, why did she cheat on him? If not, why didn't they divorce?

- Why was the lawyer so stupid to get into mayor's car, even if he knew the mayor's history? Was the lawyer retarded?

- Why did his friends betray him?

I also don't like that the characters don't develop through the film, I don't like that the author don't tell us their stories, I don't like that he doesn't show us any emotions. The film easily could be reduced to 10-15 minutes and don't lose anything.

The only positive side of this film is operator's job.

3/10 wouldn't watch again

Russian cinema expert here, AMA. I watch a lot of obscure foreing film so I can break it down for you if you need help

is this legit points?