What does Sup Forums think about hunting?

What does Sup Forums think about hunting?

Nobody fucking ca-

I think venison is delicious.

I love it

Cheapest way to eat. For about $50 dollars my wife and I can eat meat 3-4 times a week for most of a year. I also take pride in knowing my food was taken humanely and isnt full of antibiotics, hormones, and wasnt dying of infection before it got ground up

Humans are predators and all predators hunt, so it's right.

Waste of time

hunt a nigger

A mans gotta do what he’s gonna do to eat, if you’re hunting for sport you’re likely a rich faggot with no morals and are borderline sociopathic

or you are continuing millennia old human traditions regardless of what the special snowflakes are offended by this year

If you don't have the stomach to kill, gut, skin, and butcher your own meat then you shouldn't be allowed to eat it.

Hell its still cheaper than using the meat fairy if you go to someone else to process it

I just came here for that comment

Good eating. Moose, grouse and deer are what I usually go after. Hands down my favourite game meat is black bear. Harvesting a black bear that is fat from eating berries all fall is awesome. Using bear fat to fry bear meat is unbeleivably good

Sustainable and legal hunting is the single most ethical way to acquire meat. Even the most well treated farm animals are still slaves and prisoners, wild animals live a natural life and getting shot by a hunter is the quickest and most painless death a wild animal could hope for. It's either that or other predators ripping them to shreds, or disease or starvation of getting hit by a truck. And hunting is manly as fuck and a wholesome outlet for the natural animalistic instincts we have. Nothing makes you feel like more of a man than putting food on the table through your own expertise and hard work.

I agree Nigger hunting is Best Sport Ever

>a tradition's merit is based on how old it is
I bet you're a Zoroastrian, aren't you?

Agreed venison is fucking tasty, nothing like getting the kill, gutting and cooking your meal. At the end of the day you get to put your feet up and the meal tastes that much better.

If we passed a law saying "you eat what you kill", there would be a lot fewer murders.

ITT: state the game you've killed and eaten.
Deer
Squirrel
Rabbit
Duck
Goose
Opossum
Frog (legs)
Bass
Bluegill
Catfish
Smelt
Sucker

I've never been but id like to go someday. I'd also like to hunt small game with a semi auto 22lr. Or hunt boar with 22lr.
Fuckin 2c bullet nets you 200lbs of natural pork.

The greatest game. I like to keep em caged until the're real desperate then I give then a 20 minute head start. Then...GAME ON!

>if you’re hunting for sport you’re likely a rich faggot with no morals and are borderline sociopathic
Nope. Not particularly rich here

If you shoot a wild boar with a .22 long you are going to piss it off and more than likely get gored to shit

Don't worry - he's a nofunz that would run in fear if charged by a boar

Nah son, hunters down in Texas kill boar all day with 22lr. Just gotta get a good head shot and its dead.

You can find hours of footage on UTubes

>Nah son, hunters down in Texas kill boar all day with 22lr. Just gotta get a good head shot and its dead.
when you go full on retard

I think you confuse a .22 long with .223, .225 etc. Those are not even remotely the same caliber

If you eat what you kill, fine.
Killing just for sport. wasteful and you should shoot yourself

Depends on what you are killing. If it's an invasive species destroying the native ecosystem, then you can have a blast slaughtering them and not worry about eating them if you don't want.

Still if its good edible meat letting it rot is a waste

You can't store 400 dead pigs in the typical freezer. Also in the time it takes to clean one dead pig, you could have killed a dozen more. They are a serious problem.

I feel you, I just hate the tought of good meat rotting. Im sure if you go to local food banks they would be more than happy to take some

They have some programs like that, but you are typically required to clean the carcass before bringing it to them. They are also few and far between. Considering the number you have to kill just to keep the population from growing, it's not feasible for most places. They are good eating though.

Which is truely unfortunate given all the people going hungery or having issues putting food on the table. It seems to be a pretty simple solution. You'd think given the scope of the issues ther would be more programs to get culled meat to people in need

>I think you confuse a .22 long with .223, .225 etc.
He also probably confuses his head and his ass - he certainly doesn't appear to know which one to talk out of

Venison is tasty, deer are overpopulated here. Hunting!

well usually go out and thin the herds of elk moose and deer year round don't beleive in licens or limits there all overpopulated

Its a healthy sport

>Even the most well treated farm animals are still slaves and prisoners
Tell that to my chickens. Their spoiled more than most peoples kids.

I agree with you on the rest of it though.

looks like a small Eagle, great kill

I ever find your chicken roost and they're all dead. Oh think you could outgun me? Tell that to my militia.

Deer
Rabbit
Ducks
Chuckar
Pheasant
Quail
Hungarian Partridge
Sage grouse
Blue grouse
Ruffed Grouse
Bass/trout/salmon/halibut/yellow eye/walleye/catfish/crappie/bluegill
Elk
Deer
Bear
Desert bighorn sheep

I rarely have to buy any of the protein that we eat.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Hunting is a good excuse to spend a day in the woods.

Unfortunately hunters are the dumbest, most arrogant, least ethical people I've ever encountered. My hunt club introduced me to the very worst of humanity, and I enjoy hearing about it every time they get drunk and shoot each other, fucking idiots. And no, your self-interested thrill from killing to compensate for your pathetic powerless emasculated lives is not essential to ecological conservation efforts.

I think Venison tastes good, and it saves a piss ton money.

Always wanted to go, but never got my shit together. I took the hunter safety course, then all my buds kinda backed out. Really if I could just get someone to show me what the hell to do, that'd be great.

I take my deer to the processor myself. I do field dress it though.
>they cut it up for me and wrap it in butcher paper

These people you just described sound like your every day plebs

Same. I butchered a deer once and all the steaks weren't near as good as when a butcher does it. They know how to get all the right cuts so it's not tough.

i would want a .243 win at least for boar. I hunt deer with a x-bow. Boar i use a rifle i know will drop the fucker

I'd like to get into hunting but I don't know how.
Also seems like an expensive hobby, probably more than I can afford.
No one in my family is a hunter either

Boar im of two minds about. On the one hard its kind of sad watching people take 20 of them and then either bury em or just take the hams etc.
On the other hand they are vermin and need to eradicated in the wild

Exactly for 40 bucks plus the hide I get a nice box of burgers steaks and roasts, and i dont look like I waded in blood afterwards

A decent X-bow isnt that expensive and is probably the best way to hunt white tail in the woods.
Of course it depends on the state you live in, they are legal in MI but not in WI for example.

There are no boars where I live so i have never had any experience with them. I know i can kill a deer with a .223 or some similar caliber but the lightest I'll hunt them with is a 30-30. When I shoot an animal I want to be as sure that i can that I'm going to down it with the first shot

We have been doing it for centuries to stay alive.

I think it's alright as long as you eat the thing after (if it doesn't have any diseases or some shit)
i've never done it myself but i'd like to

fuck off, I take about 2% of the meat I shoot

Then you have no business harvesting meat if you are wasting 98% of it

I love it.
I mostly do it to piss off my vegetarian Californian hipster neighbors here in Austin.
Any time I bag something I bring it home and process it in the garage with the door open.

My neighbor across the street actually puked once when she saw the innards of a dear pour into a five gallon bucket.

...so you shot a deer and didnt field dress it?

Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me

Edgelord defected

Fuck, even the cheap ones are 300+

Boring as shot. Sit in baited location, wait for target. Should be called baiting

youre even worst than those who hunt for sports, not good karma

He probably likes the taste of spoiled venison. Particularly in a nice, hot climate like California.

That, or he tells lies on the internet....

don't have the heart for it

yet I wish I did. fishing is more my thing

I hunt way the fuck up in Northern Ontario. Its bloody cold up there in deer season and i would never take a deer home without field dressing it

I did this with a coyote once. My neighbors were douche bags and I knew a guy who bleached the skulls and sold them so I went out and shot three and proceeded to use a shovel and sledge hammer to pop their heads off in my front yard.
They wouldn't even make eye contact with me after that.

Then follow the links and you'll see this thread-within-a-thread can't be about you - it's about this idiot
who processes shot "dear" [sic] in his garage in Austin, Texas

Hunting is for faggots

>cant tell when people are agreeing with him

>>cant tell when people are agreeing with him
Sorry. Your post could have been taken either way.

Agreed - no-one who hunts would (or should) fail to gralloch a deer and bury the entrails

>What does Sup Forums think about hunting?

Never been. Don't know much about it. I sure like venison, however.

Why bury the gut pile? Good eating for the scavangers

I like the idea of hunting ya know like free range meat and what not. But the reality is there's no way to tell if we're over or under hunting until it's causing a problem that's harder to fix. If we didn't effectually eradicate wolves we'd have less issues with deer overpopulation and the overpopulation of varmint species (which almost no one hunts). As someone likes nature and cares about more than what I can get out of it I'm on the fence about it.

Fishing is confusing. Can I fish on any public water? Can I only catch certain species? Do I have to release certain species? How do you clean and butcher a fish?

don't really care that much, i dont personally hunt but I don't have an issue with it.

Shooting pests all day drinking brews is pretty fun though. fuck all you all whistle pigs

80% of that is regulated at the state level so you'd have to look up what your local deal with that is.
As for the butchering and cleaning just look up a youtube it would be so much less confusing to just see someone do it.

It takes a good wildlife management program for sure. Definately didnt do nature any favours by getting rid of the predators at the top of the food chain.

Probably a UK custom. We traditionally bury the gralloch to avoid non-hunters stumbling across it when out walking and posting up a shitstorm. We get enough shit without giving them ammunition.

Cold, boring and stupid. I was forced to go as a child. Fucking retarded waste of time.

This. Never thought bear and bear fat would taste so motherfucking good

Mule deer
Rabbit
Quail
Dove
Pheasant
Chukar
Duck
Elk
Bear

How was the opossum? I'm thinking about crock potting a racoon. Apparently if you do it right it's fucking amazing

That makes sense. Where I hunt the only people who would stumble across my gut piles are other hunters. They might get a little pissy about them not bagging that animal but thats about the worst of it.

While I'm sure if you jammed the muzzle of a .22lr pistol down a boar's ear canal you would probably get through to the brain box, I sure as shit wouldn't want to try it.

Black bear is fucking delicious. I had some black bear burgers years ago that I still dream about to this day. Also, dove breast wrapped in bacon on a grill. Heaven in your mouth

I know. Especially after they gave been eating berries. The fat tastes kinda sweet gives meaning to you are what you eat

i guess its better than them shooting up a concert..of course, we have to keep guns around so some grown men can go kill helpless animals they dont need to eat to work out that stress and get away from the wife...freaks.

Rypejakt?

Yeah if you're tree stand hunting like a bitch instead of spot n stalk hunting like a boss

So you must hunt

Just as long as you're doing it for a reason like food or pest control.

Id love to know how one might creep up on a boar that close. As i understand it its hard enough to get within 200 yards of the fuckers

i guess it is better than them shooting up concerts..its a great trade keeping guns around so grown ass men can kill helpless animals so they can feel like a real boss man...well i eat what i kill, so freaking what..you dont have to..you just want to kill something you are a freak and the shame of a people...deal with it..