QOTSA
>Their worst album
Brand New
>Forgettable trash
WAR ON MUTHAFUCKING DRUGS
>KNOCKED OUT OF THE FUCKING PARK

Thanks goodness there was finally one (1) release that was worth the hype

How you boys enjoying it?

and still nothing compared to slave ambient/lost in the dream. what now?

They don't compare because this new one is much better

Their best album yet. I thought the rest would be sort of filler but I was wrong. Knocked Down, In Chains, and You Don't Have to Go are fantastic.

9/10

OP
>Pleb taste

>Being THIS asspained that his anticipated record was garb

Delusional. Thinking of a Place and Strangest Thing are cool but there's no way you could go to a War on Drugs show and more than a quarter of the people could recognize any song they play that's not Red Eyes.

>popular = better
oh kiddo

Is English not your first language you stupid worm? That's not my point at all.

Okay, well then please explain what the fuck your point is, faggot. You literally just tried backed up your statement by saying a large part of the fanbase will only remember their most popular song. What's your point?

I liked it a lot. Don't get how people are arguing that it's any worse than their previous work, this band has stayed more consistent in quality across their discography than just about any other at their level of success today.

They're trying to force as many songs into the same narrow aesthetics as possible and succeeding quite well at it. There are good moments but after listening to 10 songs it truly feels like 10 versions of the same song, so why people are raving that it's so much better than LitD is lost on me.

I honestly thought I would be bored by this considering I didn't really care for lost in the dream, but I really like it
still beer commercial lead guitar though

It sounds like watered-down major label classic rock. Why is everyone collectively cumming in their pants over this band again?

do you know anyone who's currently carrying on this tradition of music in a more interesting way? I'd be curious to hear

don't expose him too hard

accessible ≠ bad

The only people who listen to The War on Drugs are people in their 30s that listen to NPR and live in gentrifying neighborhoods.

Listening right now and yes, you're right OP. This is great

just mediocre

War on Drugs haters BTFO

They fucking nailed it. I'm a bigger fan of lost in the dream but this is still a damn good album

Entire album was 10/10. So fucking comfy. Actually buying this one.

>Brand New
>Forgettable trash

u fukn wot m8

The War on Drugs are boring as shit

If you think Science fiction was brand news worst album you might be autistic

D&G > Daisy = SF > Deja > YFW
This is undeniable.

There's really nothing interesting about their music to me to begin with so first you'd have to explain that.

If you think Brand New were ever a decent band, you're autistic

This is pretty much how I felt about it.

that's a shit opinion dawg

bringing back that heartland rock sound with some progressive song structures and immaculate production, good band chemistry, a solid frontman.. it's not exactly hard to see the appeal even if it's not for you friendo

Lol u on rate your music???

They're aural melatonin to me.

I'll reiterate: until you can point to a band that's continuing this grand musical legacy in a way that actually is appealing to you, you're contributing nothing of worth to this thread. Might as well go in a rap thread and start posting about how all hip-hop is irredeemable.

New Brand New album is pretty good.

War On Drugs can suck my cock, shitty overproduced beer commercial music for plebs

>do you know anyone who's currently carrying on this tradition of music

No, thank god...

If all you want to see when you come into a thread is positivity you definitely belong on Reddit

>If all you want to see when you come into a thread is positivity
>wanting people's opinions to be informed and well constructed means you're averse to criticism
really gets the noggin joggin bud. maybe if you can't elaborate on your views beyond "i like this thing" and "this thing sucks" I can't say I understand why you're on a music discussion board.

Do the war on drugs have a drummer or do they just grab stock drum loops from somewhere? Sounds like they do the latter but I'm not sure

I agree, many of the songs are too samey on A Deeper Understanding, while each song on Lost In The Dream had more of a personality and distinct sound to them.

A Deeper Understanding is fucking fantastic. I loved LitD but thought tracks like Suffering, Disappearing, and the ambient interlude brought it down. This one is just straight killer for over an hour

Fuck that musical legacy. Let it die a death. Nothing they're doing is of any virtue w/r/t any sort of musical legacy. We can all still listen to those records today.

now can you give constructive criticism without resorting to buzzwords?

War on Drugs
>were always trash

Go back to Panera bread Mark

D&G >= SF >>> Daisy, etc.

>QOTSA
>>worst album
They don't have a worst album