This album unironically sounds like shit. Sounds like they recorded it in some $5 studio

This album unironically sounds like shit. Sounds like they recorded it in some $5 studio.

this album made a record company go bankrupt

Seriously?

there's a cool site called wikipedia where you can read a short history about a lot of different topics. they have a page for this album

For three years before oasis happened

What's the website called again?

Then replicate the sound you fucking idiot

the millenial is bothered by the music that doesn't have the usual corporate expensive crystal clear production

>took for more than a year to record
>sounds like absolute shit

How is it even possible.

>expensive crystal clear production
I'm just fine with Daniel Johnston for example, but this shit is distorted to fuck.

You two are not even trying at this point. Come on, step it up, this board has to get run into the ground somehow.

How do you expect to bait people with that Reddit spacing? You should go back, easier to trigger people there, I think.

kevin shields dropped like 250,000$ on this album

Right? I listened to it and it literally made my head ache. Fucking overrated.

ITT: entry level plebeian who wince at any hint of feedback or distortion

This. Had to took one and a half of tramal afterwards.

Hahaha it's the PLEEB MAYMAYY xD

Hello plebeian

Holy fuck what happened to Sup Forums?! Are you guys fucking serious?

>he's right and I have no comeback so I'm just gonna make fun of the words he used

You know the board is dying when you can't decide if this is bait or not

I love shoegaze, don't love this album. It's not very good.

Sup Forums has always been shit. Only good thing on this board are share threads. Otherwise it's just a circle jerk of teens who think they have more superior taste than their classmates.

True, but it's often been alright before the Americans wake up

how dank is Loomer tho

holy fuck even a normie like myself who hates 95% of Sup Forumscore knows this album is fucking genius..
when does summer end?

You fell for the MBV meme too, huh?

if you seriously cant appreciate the effort and innovation (especially regarding production) put into this album by shields then you truly are an absolute pleb

I've always thought this album is a shining example of how a shoegaze album should be mastered - despite there being so many layers, everything sounds very clear, and when it's turned up loud the effect is remarkable. Also the way Shields managed to make his guitars sound so psychedelic and infinitely layered with no usual delay/phaser/etc effects in sight is a true achievement.

Honestly it's a shame that absolutely every shoegaze album not made by MBV doesn't come close, and instead sounds saturated and compressed to shit.

Some people just don't fall for a meme and can think for themselves. Pussies.

best new reply

yes

Production is very nice, but songs with more prominent drumming sound very plastic / tightly packaged, in a way that makes me think it's just a product and not some sort of artistic expression

M B V solves that problem very well, however the songs are a bit too adventurous and don't feel very defined and "classic".

M B V truly is a fantastic album and, pretty underlooked, as far as I'm concerned

There's a difference between preference and spouting bullshit, lad.

one day you'll get it OP

how's your first day on Sup Forums going?

Plebs aren't a meme, they are real low iqs and you are one of them.

It got taken over by normies, from reddit and a lot of normie idiots who came for pol and shit all over most of the other boards.

even more impressive considering that most of the tracks only have one or two guitar tracks
the majority of the sound is due to kevin's way of playing the guitar and experimentation with recording techniques

>Anyone with a different taste than mine in a subjective artform has a low IQ score
>pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/Submit
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

the quality of the mixing and mastering isn't a matter of taste, though.
this album is very, VERY well-mastered. this is a matter of fact.

Inb4 someone calls someone else "sweetie"

Yet the music is garbage

i think your headphones are broken

makes you wonder if loveless would be even better with real drumming instead of samples

oh look it's one of these threads again

stop baiting my autism like this

Good.

yeah, kev used samples of colm because he was unable to perform for the album

Nah. We had a taste of what that would sound like on MBV, and it was cool but it would have distracted from the guitar being the centerpiece on Loveless. The samples were an important happy accident

yeah i agree, i think colm was great on the eps and isn't anything, but loveless required a more subdued drumming approach which was achived through the sampling