If Scandinavia still had Paganist belief would they be better off than they are now...

If Scandinavia still had Paganist belief would they be better off than they are now? I mean the the thought of Valhalla is that you go there if you die in battle, so you LITERALY wanted to die and battle. You want to DIE if you are or were a true paganist.

From what I know of it, it was a bit brutal. Maybe there is a healthy middle ground.

The Christians did try to find a middle ground.

Yes, but it's too late to go back now.

Thanks, Romans.

Just pick up a sword and try to butcher as many new countrymen before the police shoot you down. Lykke til broder, ses i valhall

Well Crusaders did that too. Most religions can provide that for you, they just have to give you a reason not to fear your expiration.

The problem with Nordic paganism was it was very underdeveloped, and Scandinavians had no real civilization. Christianity gave them civilization, but they quickly degenerated into protestantism, which was mega cucked.

The thing is, speculating on "what if" we still had paganism is not productive. It was a religion which had its time, and then disappeared from the world, not just in Europe, but everywhere, largely because we started to understand nature not in supernatural terms.

Their religion was like believing literally in fairy stories? No sacred books or prophets?

They weren't very big on written records. Most of what we know about it comes from the writings of more advanced civilizations who were all like
>wtf who are these fucking nutjobs who showed up and started killing and enslaving everybody

Not as such. they had some writings, but things were not very codified. Roman paganism was more advanced

Sacred books and prophets are just fairy stories that somebody wrote down huebro.

maybe, but a strong religion need these things to not be overwhelmed by the others.

Lol, the Romans were not responsible for Christianity in Scandinavia. Most historians think that Christian slaves introduced the religion into their society and it rapidly grew. It was also a political move by the Scandinavians to avoid religious wars.

HOW CAN I AS 1 PERSON FIX SWEDEN? LIKE REALLY, WHAT CAN I DO?

go full Anders

Depends on what you're good at. But I think one of the more important things to do is help shift popular opinion.

Simple, historical facts or contemporary observations work well in my experience. It might seem like everybody is insane, but really they tend to be more sane than you'd think when approached calmly and factually.

Pagans did human sacrificing though, and looked out for omens all the time and believed in magic... Christianity is marginally better I think but I hate the Catholic view that everything is a sin, but I like don't give into temptation (helped me quit the drink) and be niceish to each other, wish we had best of both worlds
become president now!!!!!!!!!!

As much as the christians, just like isis, tried to remove all traces of the past, a lot was saved.

These are the eddas which you sort of can call sacred, you have hávamál a poem which contains advices rather than rules in life, as opposed to your 10 commandments.

You have tons of different poems preserved and not to mentioned the sagas. Now the sagas was historical books, but in them you can also pick up a lot about the heathen religion or our old customs as it simply was called.

The whole shit is an intricate web, to connect the dots and understand the mind set.

I haven't studied this guy so much, but I've seen some shit from Varg Vikernes, and he seem to actually have become a heathen.

I dog compared to a wolf if you sent him back in time ofc.

Much of the rites would really offend most of you.

It takes a special kind of retardation to believe that once you die, you will end up in places such as paradise, the endless banquet, or some harem with many virgins.

but believing otherwise is scary

I think that assumes too much.

Instead i think it's all down to in-group out-group preferences and the stability of society. (the liberal, consumerist mind set isn't stable)

Whats really fucking stupid is that European governments applaud the tactics of Islam to induce strong in-group favoritism (also with black people as "blackness" has essentially become a religion to "community leaders") while compelling the natives to punish those who show in-group favoritism.

The people of these countries also put too much stock in the concept of Nation and its institutions like the BBC or film industry, which can simply be played around with to elicit what the elites want. It's the vernacular.

Nothing, you are young and weak. All you can do is follow your betters.

neopaganism is so pointless and gay

you might as well just be a muslim

The history differs for each country.
What you mentioned I believe is the way Denmark converted, but Norway fought wars and ended up becoming a Kingdom through Christianity.

lol, Varg Vikerness. convicted murderer and prison bitch

If Scandinavia continued on as paganist nations we would continue to stay isolated from the remainder of Europe for centuries.
And once the European countries entered the crusading eras, what then? These nations could assemble armies larger than 25% of denmarks population at this point.

Most of it is personified natural phenomena. Like Thor is the personification of thunder and lightning.

Not that much. Think about it: the complete nothingness.

Life is hell anyway so you wont loose much.

if Europeans were still pagans, we would still kill each other because muhaa feels

hmm thats scary :/

No. People will use their religion to justify their behavior, not the other way around. During the crusaded there were christians who believed it was God's will for then to go out and die for christianity. Chances are today the pagans would have switched which god they primarily worship (happened frequently and was diffrent depending on where you were) from Odin to Freyja and start believing that seevicing huge black dick was a holy or magical thing.

They were plenty badass when they were Christian, they went to shit when they became atheists.