Need a med-user

Need a med-user.

Grandmothers arm was feeing numb and her heart was beating fast 3 separate times today.

We're worried it might be signs of stroke or a small heart attack.

Problem is she is refusing to go to a doctor today...

>She's 60 and drinks heavy, but she hasnt shown signs of this before

If anything does happen whats the best thing to do? Could it be anything else?

>pic related is her

>She's 60 and drinks heavy

rip

most people who drink heavily die at 50

Call 911

Loooool fuck off you stupid cunt Sup Forums is where you come if you plan to kill her

Want to but shes refusing to go anytime i mention it she insists not to

Force her and have her pop an asprin

Give her a razor and lock her door check in on her in the morning

Force her man. Tell her its not good signs and she needs to see a doctor. If she doesnt, she will get worse.
This isnt the type of shit where itll get better on her own. There could be an underlying cause too.

If her left arm was numb, she probably already HAD a heart attack.

>she won't go

then fuck her

have her chew a baby aspirin (or regular aspirin if you don't have baby aspirin), and get her to the ER.

she's going to, or is having a silent stroke or heart attack.

you could have saved a lot of damage by going to the hospital at the first symptom hours ago.

So the old lady had some kind of arrhythmia. Possibly tachycardia or afib or something. I can't be totally sure if I'm not there.

Honestly, there's a lot of information missing. Just that isn't a lot. If it's a heart issue I'd want to listen to the heart and lungs, listen to some of the veins, check the BP and respiration number and nature. I'd want a little more on the history too and in a questionable emergency a CxR or a CT depending on the situation. If it's really bad a CMP, EKG and CBC. I don't know if I just need to listen and get a history or look at her fully. Really, nobody on Sup Forums will know exactly what to do no matter how good a physician they are since they'd just be guessing. Your best bet is to take her to the hospital and get a full workup or general care setting depending on how bad it was.

Also, this.

Aspirin is usually a really safe bet. If someone has issues of this nature I would give them that first while transporting them.

Side note,iIn the right settings aspirin, tylenol and buprofen are miracle drugs. Huge fans of them. OTC but so useful.

Do you know cpr? Go YouTube and learn it. There's nothing you can do about a stroke besides get her to the hospital as fast as possible. But if she did have a stroke it was a tia and not a full blown one, you would know. She didn't have a heart attack but she could be gearing up for one. Other user is right, she should see a doctor.

>If anything does happen whats the best thing to do?
Anything? Heart attack? Massage her while shouting "call the ambulance!"
Organ failure? Call the ambulance or immediately go to an decent hospital.
Or you can alternatively let her kill herself, stupid cunt shouldn't be drinking heavily. Also "not showing syndromes" is either she/you didn't realize something went wrong or it's started kickin' now!

what everyone else said.
also aspirin (like everyone else said)
also, if it happens again:
> CALL 911
>when paramedics show up
>she will get mad
tough shit.

They can't take her in against her will, but they may be more convincing than you.

does SHE want to live, or do you faggots want her to? ask her that. if shed rather go out her own way, its not your fucking business.

Got any nudes for medical purpose of course

Most patients want to live. The problem is they are ignorant. They go "I'm feeling better so it's done!"

So they get a TIA, say "it passed... thank God" and don't realize most complications come within 48 hours of having it so they need to be monitored closely to help ID a cause plus given 4-6 hours it's easier to image the issue and really try to locate the source depending on the nature of it. So they say "fuck it" and then die that day or the next.

your reading comprehension seems to be shit. i said "ask her". if she wants to die, its sadistic and immoral to keep her alive for ones own gratification or fear od the afflicteds death. if youre a medfag, youre supposed to be the patients advocate, not the advocate of weak families guilt tripping.

I'm saying this is an old lady who doesn't want to go. If someone wants to die I'll put DNR on the door and leave them or not do shit. What I'm saying is that if she doesn't want to go 90 percent of the time it's because they can't afford it, don't know exactly what the magnitude of what they have is etc. Always ask but let them know exactly what's wrong and spell everything out first. Then determine their mental status to see if they are fit to make a decision without psych. If they are in good mental health to have the capacity to make the decision AND don't want help WITH all the information then let them do it.

Just asking and saying "fuck it" is a bad idea. Give full info then ask. Doing what you want is a very bad idea and is a fast track to getting sued in some situations for medfags.

you better have her take some aspirin if she can take it (I am allergic to the stuff which I think is rare)

also, people suffering medical problems that aren't trauma like a car accident/gun-shot have a greater chance of survival if you take them to the hospital yourself rather than wait for an ambulance

old people are stubborn though and think they're avoiding trouble for other people if they don't go get it checked out

they might keep her overnight for observation though

it can be pretty expensive but it also might save her life if she does experience some of those issues