/cbb/ general - 69 ON ST MARY'S edition

NCAA March Madness, results, bants, shitposting.

>purdue won two games

>CBS analysts still falling for the gonzaga meme

Finally I'm able to enjoy MM because I no longer care about my bracket.

Feeling truly enlightened desu

Is the ACC the SEC of college basketball?

Serious question

Why doesnt Geno Auriemma leave and go coach a mens team?

Same reason Nick Saban hasn't jumped from Alabama despite plenty of opportunity and a record for inexplicable leaving: why ruin a good thing?

He's smart enough to be satisfied with his current situation of hanging out with qt amazons, winning by 90, and getting more attention than he would if he was an average men's coach.

In women's basketball the best teams are more top heavy compared to mens. Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, Villanova etc can all lose on any night due to how athletic men are. But it literally takes a miracle to beat an """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""elite""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" women's team. He can go down as literally the greatest NCAAW basketball coach of all time. Plus he probably gets to fuck the qtiest girls whenever he wants

"chalk" faggots on suicide watch

>once they lose
>"we were just pretending to be retarded"

but thats like turning turning down a a job as a bank manager because you feel youre the best bank teller there.Both have the possibility to get a better coaching gig, yet prefer being a big fish in a small pond. Doesnt make sense

Years ago, Tennessee asked Pat Summit if she'd coach the men's team. Her response was something along the lines of, "I don't consider that a promotion."

Geno's pond is a bit smaller than Saban's because of the money involved, but the mindset is the same: the dude is smashing records and winning titles beyond the dreams of avarice and it takes a lot to drag someone away from that.

I am never putting last year's champion high in my bracket ever again

Bank Manager has to deal with far more shit for marginally more benefits. Look at Geno and then look at some of the Men's coaches, he looks happy as hell while someone like Pitino looks like fucking Dracula from all the stress.

This.

Saban gets paid over 6 million dollars a year to coach a program that is 100% his, where he is the top dog without a doubt, and in a state that is obsessed with his team (and doesn't have an NFL team to compete with). I wouldn't leave either.

Also from a coaching perspective they're two very different games (recruiting vs drafts etc etc) and you might prefer one to the other or honestly just recognize that you are way better at one than the other.

and thats when they will go back to back

Michigan will win tomorrow. And I will get laid.

Please kek

Everyone is so fucking casual.

there aren't very many quality players in ncaaw and they gravitate to a handful of teams whereas ncaam can fill many dozens of teams with championship contending rosters

it's why uconn had a >50% chance of winning according to most algorithms and villanova had ~10%

Kek here, I can only grant u one

dubs say michigan wins tomorrow, but you end up with a gf(male)

Digits say Michigan gets BTFO and you get HSV-2.

I'd rather get laid

So what team is the biggest >JUST of the tournament so far?

>yfw Huggins left Buffalo after the game to go recruit like he said he would

virginia and it isn't close

Florida State

>39 points

Speechless

Sorry I didn't make that clear. You don't get to choose which one, it's up to the meme magic.

Hopefully you're still able to enjoy the game tomorrow knowing this.

>there are people in this thread right now who seriously believe arizona will make it to the finals

can't fucking wait for you to get exposed

WVU lock for West. Screencap it.

WVU is elite. Also, definitely adding Cat in the Hat to movies to watch while im baked

>muh ACC elite conference

virginia just got fucking pumped by florida

this east coast bias needs to fucking end and joe lunardi and the rest of you fucking autistic faggot kenpom """bracketologists""" need to apologize right fucking now

>can't even score 40

JUST

Revoke the scholarship of each FSU player. That team is abysmal.

ESPN with a valid point for once. The men's tournament has some justification of keeping the field around 64 with some wild upsets year after year. The women's tournament has so much chalk, it's an annual struggle to breathe. Little parity, gravitation toward a handful of schools...might be time to stop wasting everyone's time, both those who have a chance at the title and those who don't have a snowball's chance in hell to survive round one, and cut the field in half. 61-point margins are ridiculous enough. A margin by 89 points shows there's not much in it for the saps who get 16 seeds.

are we going to hear about northwestern being robbed for the next week now?

>win every single game by 100
>can't even hold all these championships
>have to consult cuneiform just to check on the last day you lost
>qt 3.14 athletic college puss celebrating in the locker room every day
And you want to know why he doesn't want to be a middle-of-the-road men's coach dealing with the niggest of nogs and getting screamed at by literal autists in the stands every game.

for the next 80 years since they'll won't make the tournament again

top secret reddit LEAKED MS Paint logos, get em while they're hot

who fucking cares faggot

How's your bracket doing /cbb/?
>mfw everything is going according to plan(ish)

ebin

Katie Lou Samuelson

I've stopped checking it altogether. NIT bracket is still looking good though. Speaking of which, less than three hours to tip against Belmont and I'm excited.

GO JACKETS

I don't give a fuck about my bracket because my team is the one that busted it

Let that be a lesson to you.

IS YOUR BODY READY

>For me, it's Rhode Island

For me it's Louisville v Michigan

Now get the fuck outta here.

See you next year, Anons.

>waiting for the games to start

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGH

Daily reminder cocks will upset duke tonight and move on to play southern cal in the USC bowl.

LOUISVILLE V MICHIGAN PRE-GAME/GAME THRAD

Virginia getting absolutely embarrassed made the whole school JUST

>forgetting vandy

really

"Disregard that. We suck."

--Cocks

Northwestern?

Or an 11-seed that got bounced out in the play-in round.

Vandy wasn't all that great to begin with. MTSU booty blasted them in the regular season but everyone seemed to forget that.

Its not about how good they were to begin with, its about how JUST they lost.

>winning by one
>17 seconds left
>intentionally fouls in the backcourt when they are on double bonus
>"""""academic"""""" team

people are down on mid-majors no matter how good a season they have. it's casual fandom at its worst.

Also consider that FLA btfo VA, vandy beat FLA like twice this year. maybe 3 times actually.

This Mina Kines lady on espn is awful

PREPARE YOUR ANUS

These girls on ESPN right now are making me want to drown myself.

The women's tournament has been a joy to watch this year. ESPN does a great job with their coverage

Reminder that if you don't have WVU and Michigan in your Final Four you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about college basketball.

>drown myself in PUSSY

wew

see ya

What do I do if I don't want to miss a thing?

Suck a mean dick

and here is another

What's the WVU/Zags line?

>Checks
>Zags favored by 3

Looks like it's not us who knows nothing.

Fuck, I'm so excited about this team next year, especially General Okogie. Dude is just a fucking beast. I at least want one more game after this.

>refs prevent resuming the game to tell coach to calm down when he is yelling from within his own bench area
how would they deal with a coach throwing a chair in this day in age? cancel the game?

I wonder if book guy was at the game

Ignorant fool.

Why are there two threads again?

>the city of Michigan rebounding
This is going to be a long ass game.

because lex

if we had one, it would move at a normal pace

You're in the first thread. Post here, wait for janitors to get back from church.

okay

did that michigan kid get a black eye?

>luweville

>B1G
>1
>G

>two thread

GOOD MORNING MODS

>Louisville/Michigan now

the other thread is getting more posts. and it doesn't look like the mods are going to do anything today

>my entire conference

>create a new thread after the first one is at 80+
>it blows up

what the fuck

Can't wait for Moonves and his Hollywood exec friends to activate the rigging for Meecheegan coming up.

it has all the tournament info in the OP so people will jump to because it looks more official. same shit happened to me when I made an /nba/ game thread and some guy made another thread after several minutes. The posters all just switched to the other thread.

>only showing louisville highlights

really made me think

This is weird, jannies are usually on that but not 24/7