Do black people today listen to anything other than hip hop?

Do black people today listen to anything other than hip hop?

Do you know any black people who listen to folk or metal or ambient? lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJV4NJn4_Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jimi Hendrix?

Brian Eno??

i do, but there aren't many out there who do listen to that stuff from my experience

You know Jimi Hendrix????

I have a black friend that strictly listens to edm

im black

ama

Dies RnB count?

I dunno user, I'm into some pretty obscure bands like Neutral Milk Hotel and the Velvet Underground; you've probably never heard them.

Post yr chart

Do white people today listen to anything other than sea shanties?

Do you know any white people who listen to African music? lol

Im a black dude and listen to a lotta post punk (though I still listen to mostly hiphop)

and yes i know and love both of them (especially vu)

Went to a math rock concert and saw some normal regular black dudes chillin.

pretty cool imo

You joke but I have a friend who's black and is only just finding mu-core 8 years behind everyone; he's a libertarian and it's all cringy af

Dereck Von has breddy patrician taste and likes a lot of post-punk/new wave/no-wave/garage

Have you watched any of myke c town's videos? Dude loves his black metal, industrial, country
youtube.com/watch?v=eJV4NJn4_Uo

Multiracial but to everyone else I'm black. Favorite stuff is math rock, psychedelic rock, funk, and the like.

get outside for fuck's sake. I swear 95% of the questions retards ask here on Sup Forums could have an easy answer if you just leaved you fucking house for once
stop being a neat virgin

I'm black and I have listened to around 500 albums AMA

Black people really like Bon Iver for some reason

There's a lot of black dudes at punk shows around here

I know some black people who listen to punk.

I saw a black lady at a ween show.

One of my best friends is a black guy

he loves a lot of 90s hip hop/rnb like erykah badu, outkast. He also likes a lot of jazz and is the only guy I can discuss it with. But I know he considers Doolittle and the Glow pt 2 as some of his favs as well.

Know another black guy who is super into metal and loves bowie, cannibal corpse and primus.

I'm black. I listen to mostly Doom metal/Thrash/Black metal etc, and lots of older Prog Rock/psychedelic rock. Also played in a sludge band

Black women love james blake

>hiphop, country, BM, industrial
patrician

Do you feel as though racism exists in Sup Forums?

Shut up bitch nigga I got turned onto Brand New and devil&god and SciFi are dope.

Jimi has been dead for 47 years

is your friend Big Boi

Older black people listen to a ton of dadrock/funk/jazz/soul/r&b younger people are just like white people most listen to more popular top 40 and rap then there's the hipsters and Sup Forumstant types. You'd be surprised how much black people like the Beatles and indie pop bands

I wish

niggers have no music iq

memes aside I'd honestly say he is. Watch his vinyl collection videos for some good recs. Although I think watching vinyl community videos in general are good for new music and comfy af

how is your friday going?

I listen to house, techno, and garage sometimes. But I'm what's known as a crab nigga though.

Yes, almost every one I know. You should really meet some sometime.

>you'd be surprised how much people like the Beatles and indie pop bands

Think about it for a second.

dropped

I know a black guy who listens to the smiths and a lot of techno but he isn't American so the nigger stereotype doesn't really apply

I know african people who do, but str8 up BLACK ppl?.....no

>tfw black
>tfw listen to pic related
>tfw always feel like the odd one out at shows
>tfw no friends with similar taste because everyone expects you to like drake and beyonce
>tfw older african people give you weird looks for wearing your punk shirts
>tfw never sure how to get your hand stamped at shows because the ink isn't as visible on your skin

That's what they want you to think.

great taste m8, was listening to pink dots and DI6 today

you really should go outside sometime, OP.
everything on your screen isn't completely representative of reality.

Why should I listen to anything else but rap?

I like the metalfags, they only listen to metal and have encyclopaedic knowledge of it. The same goes for the Electronic music fags. As do the rapfags.

The rest of you just go off whatever is popular online and are late to the party on everything.

I can ask any rap fan from a certain city or state, and they'll have knowledge of everyone that's active in their area as well as a great knowledge of everything else around on the national arena in rap. They can tell me what clubs to hit. What stations are good. What websites are good. Whose soundcloud or IG to look out for.

You guys can't name me 5 local bands in your area. You can't even give me their soundclouds. All you know is what is posted here.

>All you know is what is posted here
this

I was introduced to Butthole Surfers by a black guy. Fucking awesome guy, came from Texas. Apparently had bad mental issues, though.
They found him dead in the woods, and nobody knows what killed him. No drugs in his system, no evidence of self harm or external injuries. He was just dead.

im black
here's my weekly chart

I'm black and I listen to a lot of indie rock and pop. I dabble a bit in metal and electronic music as well. I've known multiple other black people who listened to music other than rap as well.

"you cant even give me their soundclouds" lol

why fucking limit yourself to one, or even two or three genres? I dont even like mu core shit, but I listen to all different types of music.
I hate people who exclusively listen to edm, or hip hop.

>duran duran
>death
>beefheart
>moondog
>masonna

you seem like a cool dude

I'm black and I like metal from sabbath to gojira. I have been starting to get into hip hop tho.

shit senpai that's pretty patrician

not him but i rather hang out with ppl with deeper knowledge in one genre. than this board who only knows entry lvl of other genres.