Is this true?! Am I wasting my time and money?!

Is this true?! Am I wasting my time and money?!

You'll soon find out it doesn't matter my sweet summer child

Why should Computer Hardware be more important than Software?

tfw when not even on any tier

depends, skilled trades aren't listed on there, and transportation should be in good/great teir. Looks like it was made by a bunch of redpill retards. They should of added "neet" to the unbelievable teir due to their edgyness

Nice quad get

Is the "Mech." in God tier short for Mechanic? Because that's what I am and I don't wanna be in shit tier

Checked

Law enforcement is high than aviation lol ya right police make 25k a year . Aviation make 75k+ yr

But the chart is dumb cuz every job has a high end and low end

>police make 25k a year
not with degree

What shithole do you live in that police only make 25k/year. Cops where I'm at make at least 50k some up in the 80s

Even teachers make more than 25k

This, detectives make more than city cops, but even the latter get paid more than 25k (sadly I don't think all that much more though)

Computer programming and computer science are the same thing

Here the police make about 40k out of the academy and get a giant pay bump after 5 years on the force so i feel bad for those saps and mind you thats without a degree

I got a degree in Mass Communications back in the 90's and always worked at TV News stations in news production and master control. I always liked it but the pay is definitely shit tier.

I practiced medicine in the military. Amazing how I could be God tier and shit tier simultaneously... But when I think about it, yeah it was definitely both

Mechatronics probably

I'm about to graduate in Ausiovisual Communications (with emphasis in new media). I've worked before as a freelance associate produce. Is the average salary in a full time job in communication enough to live decently? I'm not that materialistic and I don't care about luxury, But I do want't to have enough money to travel abroad and have a decent living situation.

Audiovisual

>god-tier

>psychics

Gooooood fucking luck.

>foreign language

Dude, if you learn business languages like mandarin chinese, french and german you will have a LOT of job opportunities.

>tfw unbelievable tier

no. if you have a useful skill AND you speak a foreign language, you have lots of opportunities. only in america do people think being bilingual is a marketable skill in and of itself.

it's a lot harder, and there are fewer qualified people

Ugh I'm Wildlife. Work for a animal welfare group. Rescue (euth) animals for $21/hr. Spend most my time driving to callouts. Shit pay, cool uniforms, vet nurses love juvenile marsupials and I always have one inside my shirt (because I just got done putting it's road mangled mum down). Always attract an audience when I'm working. Lots of glory. It's okay.

Hard to say, to analyze whether this graphic is true would require the skills one would learn in philosophy, which is classified as shit tier. I guess you could try those God Tier and Unbelievable tier people but without the ability to organize abstractions in natural language as they teach one in philosophy you'll probably end up with a math equation and a case of 2nd hand autism.

Whew. Made the right choice with comp engy. Honestly though I think programming is a little harder to do I'm.

thoughts on graphic design? currently majoring

>first year in college
>international studies &a trying to figure out a 2nd major
Originally it was that and philosophy, and the original plan was law school, but I'm not feeling lawyer-y anymore.

I want to work for some non-profit international aid program
>what's the plan
>advice?

>Time flies when you're a faggot.

Imo*

Not worth being in debt for. You can learn it all for free and master it in a year. Going to school for that shite is just throwing money away.

>going to school
>having a job
GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kek police start at 75k here.

over saturated field, web design is better

Im gonna finish highschool soon and Im not sure if I should go civil engineering, mathematics or economics. I live in a 3rd world country but I'm willing to leave this shithole in order to find a good job. not sure what I should choose.

yeah im in so much student loan debt as a junior already, because apparently my parents make too much (which they don't, ive had a job since i was 16), so barely any financial aid comes my way besides loans. But ive had people tell me that, because the product of what you can make is almost more important than having the degree. But it could go both ways.

Learning how to use graphic design tools is not the same as learning design.

Yeah one of my main beefs with that image was putting wildlife and ecology so low.

what do you mean by that?

Engineering all the way.

hilarious that i have a degree from both the god tier and the suicide tier
>>get on my level niggers

Thanks quads

That's why I said you master it in a year. Once you know what all the buttons do the rest is diligant practice and experimentation. I know because I've been doing this since age 15. (27 now) I can animate illustrate make a web page do 3d work ECT. All without a degree or massive debt. Btw it's still a hobby to me as I wanted to be a computer engineer.

Honestly, there's so many free courses from legit places online, you could most likely teach yourself and build a portfolio in your spare time.

My degree is PPE, or Politics, Philosophy, and Economics. Where does that fit in?

Right under the scum of op's asshole

>Wildlife and Zoology that low

Damn shame. Careers there that aren't about the money sadly, but damn is the money bad.

Ayy im in the god tier

Although it is pretty accurate for the most part, keep in mind a bunch of autists on /sci/ made that image so don't take it too seriously

Why is geophysics in both good and god tier?

>usefulness to market
Yes. Money is the only thing of value. Let's just have no one work at McDonalds or take out the trash. Sounds like a great plan.

I'd think Ecology has SOME value...

My major was only in the Good tier, but I had to take a lot of biology courses, and while ecology is mostly self-evident, you could still make money as... I dunno, renewable forestry?

No they're not. Computer science is data structures, computer programming is java. One is the foundation for the other.

Source?

Math graduate here making $60k USD at age 23 doing database stuff at a big company. Ask me anything.

Chem Eng

How long did it take you to learn the data base stuff? You using sql? Did your time studying set theory and categorical logic help much when learning it? What's your advice to new math grads?

>how long to learn
1-2 months and yes I'm using sql

>logic/category theory help?
not really

>advice
Realize that a lot of what you learned in undergrad isn't applicable. Your curriculum should have given you the ability to problem solve really fuckin hard while thinking logically, critically, and creatively. Sell this aspect of yourself during the job hunt as well as the fact that you are a fast and self driven learner. Employers loooooved the fact that I had projects on my,resume that I did on my own just so I could learn new shit. Good luck brother

I mean this whole chart is subjective. Like some of these jobs you can have masters or PhD in and make 6 figures but they’re under criminal justice?

Computer Science is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.

Computer programming (often shortened to programming) is a process that leads from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs. Programming involves activities such as analysis, developing understanding, generating algorithms, verification of requirements of algorithms including their correctness and resources consumption, and implementation (commonly referred to as coding) of algorithms in a target programming language.

Tarpley again