Did you go to Church today, Sup Forums?

Did you go to Church today, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201312/why-are-religious-people-generally-less-intelligent
psychologytoday.com/blog/
youtube.com/watch?v=RSVaiTCLyWQ
reasonablefaith.org/middle-knowledge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, it isn't Sunday.

no because I don't worship MUH MAGIC MAN

Yes, I go every Sunday.

>66664
Are you the antichrist?

i lost my faith

Yep. There was a beautiful qt with an angelic voice leading the choir. It was pretty great

Can somebody explain to me, if we are supposed to love, forgive and pray for our enemies, why are we not to love, forgive and pray for Satan?

Why is Satan the one exemption from this?

I'm not religious.

Of course.

Nah. I barely went when I did believe. I don't understand how on the Sabbath, what's supposed to be a day of rest, people are expected to get up fairly early and basically do a chore.

At least with Islam, their devotion is billed as such.

I have some bad news for you Leaf-kun.

Satan isn't a man

No

I'm going to burn. Feelsbadman

you bet i did

The Sabbath is a Jew thing user. Christian Sundays aren't supposed to be a day of rest.

Its not too late to stop that user

Yeah, it as thr preaching was on Job, worst subject for a sermon ever.
But a little nigger fell and busted his head in the parking lot after, that was nice.

>falling for the church meme

I WENT 2 DA CHURCH OF CAKE
PRAISE CAKE!!!!!

When did Jesus say this was limited to humans?

God hears your from everywhere.

Not today but went last week. I have exams I need to revise for. God understands

christianity is a jew thing

I don't think he is. I've come under that conviction and prayed for Satan once.

the forgiveness applies to those who come personally against us. Satan comes against God and things more important than us.

>The Sabbath is a Jew thing user. Christian Sundays aren't supposed to be a day of rest
Oh boy

psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201312/why-are-religious-people-generally-less-intelligent

Discuss.

I don't think Satan ignores us, if he does then where do all these horrible things in the world come from? God? If that's the case I ought to love the horrible things too.

Religion is correlated with shitskins also. The darker you are, the more superstitious you tend to be.

>psychologytoday.com/blog/
no

you will also find that more intelligent people are less racist. when will you be bending over for tyrone, user?

Do we have to?

Smug atheists will say "I told you so", "BTFO", etc. and Christians will overcompensate by posting examples of intelligent Christians throughout history. Then we'll all call each other names and shit. It really isn't necessary.

he doesnt ignore us, but he's not causing the horrible things in the world. Most of it is down to human sin. Remember, Satan is condemned to hell forever. God has already made that clear, so he cannot be saved. Other people can.

Christianity is anti-Jewish religion there is. Unless you're talking about evangelicals and dispensationalists, in which case yes they are very good goys.

pretty based tbf

Nah cause i'm not some cuck who has to bow to some ex-KGB stoolie in a dress and sragly beard claiming to have divine mandate.

I worship in private.

That's not true, it is possible that all will be reconciled. But we are not called to pray for the devil because he has his own unique relationship with God and frankly its none of our business.

the only good things about christianity were created by europeans, we are better off with a fully european religion not a repurposed jew one

A sinless world still wouldn't be free of cancer, earthquakes, floods, disease, drought, etc...

There are many horrible things that are beyond human responsibility and control.

no this is incorrect. It says in the Bible he is condemned to the lake of fire on the day of judgment.

why do churches even exist

what is the scriptural justification for going to a special building every Sunday and having a ceremony

is it based on old jewish versions or what

Need to study all day today and all afternoon monday thru wednesday

Always try to go to church on sunday or saturday, but life is busy. Only reason I am here is because I'm on my coffee break right now

Yes I just came back from there.
Sidenote: I find it annoying when there are crying babies and annoying toddlers.

no, because those things are the product of Adam and Eve's sins. The consequences of their actions reverberate in the form of natural evil. Thats why God talks about painful child birth, and famine, and pestilence and shit

>what is the scriptural justification for going to a special building every Sunday and having a ceremony
Acts.

Pray faggots!

youtube.com/watch?v=RSVaiTCLyWQ

>adam and eve are responsible for plate tectonics

Good for you. Lutheran is Sup Forums's denomination

>where do all these horrible things in the world come from? God?

Well, God created Satan right, and everything that happens is His will right? So yes, all of the horrible things that happen do come from God.

I don't understand why Christians can't be more honest about God and how he works. There's this Church I drive by all the time on the way to work, and there's this huge banner on it that says "God is kind and loving!". It seems like if that were true, it would be apparent and wouldn't require advertising. Why can't Christians just admit that God isn't always humanity's best pal, and does pretty dickish things to humans every now and again?

I went to mass yesterday. My friend was ordained a deacon. He'll be ordained a priest next year.

yes. Garden of Eden did not have these things. They are part of the fallen world senpai

Did you want another source?

Read the article, dont discredit something you havent read. Im not claiming all theists are, I simply brought this to the thread for discussion.

>because bad things might happen, lets not discuss it
or we could be adults. I'm agnostic, I don't see how discussing the link in question will do any harm.

In that case is it possible that Satan is actually a metaphorical manifestation of mankind's sin?

Satan has always confused me, reading the Bible I feel like there is something more to him than just "a bad dude that hates God". Some say he brings terrible things upon the world, some say he doesn't, some think he's not even real, it's confusing.

>the people who fly mass quantities of somali into white neighborhoods are Sup Forumss religion
right
try orthodox

i see no reason to go to the church anymore, my nigga jesus is dead

he makes consciouss moral agents, and they have the freedom to choose what to do. Your desire is for God to make a world full of robots

I go with the gf every Sunday even though I don't believe

citation needed

>2016
>worshipping a dead kike on a stick

>Well, God created Satan right
See now this is where I'm starting to think there is a misconception. It seems to me, seeing as all bad things in the world are the result of sin, that Satan is also a result of sin, or is actually a sort of metaphor for mankind's sin and not a dude with devil horns and red tights.

This would mean you also don't need to forgive him, because he's not a being at all, he is sin itself.

Only in christmas.

No, he is real, and yes, he does cause evil (posession for example), but this is very small scale. The thing you need to remember is the devil is not a demiurge, he is not 'evil god', he is created just like us, and very powerful. But he is spatially limited, his knowledge is not perfect, etc.

>2016
>Being on a board where a literal god shows up on regular basis, yet denies the existence of a divine being
>You

>implying modern Lutherans haven't erased Luther's anti-Semitic teachings and turned their attention toward resettling refugees through government funding

"Every christian is also a jew"
t. pope

I'm aware of demonic possession but I wasn't aware Satan played direct a part in it.

And every Rabbinic Jew is a Pharisee

yup

Way to betray your ancestors you fucking cuckold.

>they have the freedom to choose what to do
How can we make choices when the Creator knows everything we will do and has known that since the time of creation? If everything we do is just what we were made to do we're not really making choices and we are like a world of robots.

well he is one of the fallen angels. He is only the head of them because he had the highest rank in heaven. He isn't substantiely different from molech or baal

No, I abandoned Catholicism for an Indian religion. (But I haven't adopted their street-shitting habits in the process.)

Also I'm not suggesting he doesn't exist, I'm saying that maybe mankind created him with their sins. I don't think God would create Satan, but he would allow him to be created as a result of our bad behaviour because we have free will.

This is a common misonception. This has to do with the question of God's 'middle knowledge'. Here is a resource on it:

reasonablefaith.org/middle-knowledge

But my ancestors were pagan

It's not that bad things might happen. Threads like this happens every day on Sup Forums multiple times. It's possible to have a constructive discussion about religion, just not here. Sup Forumslacks are just too combative.

>In that case is it possible that Satan is actually a metaphorical manifestation of mankind's sin?

That doesn't make sense. Satan existed before man was capable of sin.

I wasn't just talking about the whole free will thing, which I'm not sure I believe desu. I mean all the other stuff that God has inflicted upon humanity. Disease, natural disasters and the like.

> seeing as all bad things in the world are the result of sin, that Satan is also a result of sin,

That would only make sense if man were capable of sin without outside influence. God created the serpent that talked man into sinning in the first place.

Only in the sense that we are the Israel of God.

"Many, I know, respect the Jews and think that their present way of life is a venerable one. This is why I hasten to uproot and tear out this deadly opinion. I said that the synagogue is no better than a theater and I bring forward a prophet as my witness. Surely the Jews are not more deserving of belief than their prophets. "You had a harlot's brow; you became shameless before all". Where a harlot has set herself up, that place is a brothel. But the synagogue is not only a brothel and a theater; it also is a den of robbers and a lodging for wild beasts." St. John Chrysostom

God didnt create satan, he created Lucifer. 'satan' means deceiver, and was the result of the choice of that angel, a decision no different from when we choose to rebel against God's will. angels can do it too

>a literal god shows up on regular basis,

What?

Hinduism?

Yeah, for a christening.

Philadelphia archdiocese churches suck for some reason, our priests are either nasally wops or poo in loos who can't speak English, let alone Latin.

It's hard being a Catholic who hates the Pope, I've been treading the path of Sedevacantism and becoming mistrustful of the Jesuits lately.

>implying there is anything greater than man

Christians have degraded man to the point where one must ask for forgiveness for even existing. This is anathema to reason and dignity and I cannot wait until this idol is crushed completely.

Of course.

But they saw that Christianity was something truly special and they abandoned their shitty Iberian Pantheon and became one of the proto-typical Catholic Nations.

Why don't you just become Orthodox?

>Satan existed before man was capable of sin.
Man was always capable of sin, that's why man sinned against God in the Garden of Eden. It's possible that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was a metaphor for man's desire to sin, at least that's what I've heard. I don't think there was literally a talking snake.

Become catholic.

I don't go to church anymore. I don't need to go listen to someone tell me how to connect with Him

pic related, please pray for Weedman

Because I'm white :^)

they look like mages, i can tell they're into sorcery just by looking at them.

>William Lane Craig
Stopped reading right there. Is this trying to say that God's knowledge or power is limited? Because that's heresy.
Hoe can anything make choices that God doesn't intend for it to make? How can things happen contrary to God's will?

no i went to vigil mass last night.

You think this is just a "Meme"?

We are fullfilling a prophecy right here. Atheism is a jewish propaganda, trying to make the masses ignorant as always

Also, check these dubs Kek Confirms

We have to a bow to a cryptocommie who washes rapefugee feet, Pedro. We're probably in a worse state.

Arguable, but if you see a pol thread where someone is saying something baseless and you disagree with their claims or ideas, you bring it to the thread. Thats the point of the thread. lol.

>be pagan
>worship holy tree
>believe anyone that harms tree will be struck by lightning
>suddenly strange men come and cut down tree
>not struck by lightning
>suddenly realize how retarded paganism is and convert
That is what your ancestors did.

Say more words. And capitalize Man, capitalization makes things better.

Satan is an angel, and thus doesn't have the free will that man has to change his ways.

This
modern christianity is a joke
A cuckfest

Yep I did. Why you ask?