Is there any way I can "train" my bladder to be able to hold more liquid or keep it longer before making me need to...

Is there any way I can "train" my bladder to be able to hold more liquid or keep it longer before making me need to take a piss?

I really hate drinking a cup/bottle of water and then 20 minutes later desperately needing to use the bathroom.

And when I'm at uni I like to carry around a 1L bottle of watermelon juice with me, but I end up having to use the bathroom like 5 times in the matter of 8 hours. It's really annoying.

Get your prostate checked.

Could it be something bad?

Sounds like diabetes. How old are you? Go see a doctor.

I'm 18. I don't think I've been really showing any signs of diabetes though, but this is worrying.

Trips don't lie. You should be worried.
Go see a doctor.

Except you are. Pissing all the time is THE symptom of diabetes. And you are still young enough to have developed type 1 diabetes, I got it when I was 19. Go see a doctor or do a test on your urine for sugars an ketone. It's easy to check and finding it sooner could save you a few weeks in the hospital being brought back fron the clutches of death.

>Pissing all the time is THE symptom of diabetes.

Is this with or without drinking a lot of water? Because when I say that I drink a bottle of water and piss 20 minutes later, I also mean that like almost straight after I drink another whole bottle of water. I basically keep this up until I've drunk about 6-8 bottles a day if I'm able to.

just hold the very end of your penisskins and fold it tightly together so it cant go out (only doable if not circumsized)

Well the watermelon juice is mostly sugar, and since your body removes excess sugar through the urine, you're peeing a lot due to osmotic diuresis. Or you just have straight up diabetes by now and that's also why you're peeing a lot.

You say you don't have diabetes yet you have polyuria (a sign of diabetes), also 18 is a totally reasonable time to develop type 1 diabetes because it's autoimmune.

1. Stop drinking sugar water

Yes. Basically your body becomes saturated with sugar and you become dehydrated. No matter how much water you drink, it imminently gets passed out as your body tries to flush the sugar out of you. This also damages your kidneys btw.

Why the FUCK are you drinking so much water you impressionable cuck, lemmy guess you saw on pintrest you're supposed to have 6-8 glasses a day (non-scientific BS).

You're either drinking too much (psychogenic polydipsia) or have diabetes (type 1 diabetes mellitus).

Stop being a dumbass

My mom says that I need to drink more water, so I drink more water. And also, I've recently quit drinking coca cola and eating so many snacks. So throughout the day I get kinda hungry while waiting for lunch/dinner time and I also begin to crave sugar aka coca cola. And apparently water is pretty good at filling you up so instead of eating anything while waiting I just drink lots of water.

Eating a lot of sugar won't give you type 1 diabetes, and you're a little young for type 2 though it's possible if you're a fat piece of shit.

Oh wow you're mom's an endocrinologist? I guess you should listen to her. Oh she's not? Then tell her to fuck off and stop telling her 18 year old son at uni what to do.

Seriously though. It could be extremely serious and you need to get it checked. Untreated diabetes turns your blood acidic as you literally starve to death and your organs fail. Well treated it's like nothing is wrong with you.

your*

Are you talking about DKA? Yeah this could happen.

How fat are you OP, if you're fat as shit type 1 diabetes is less likely (so it DKA since type 2's don't get that)

Well fuck, I guess I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I really hope I don't have type 1 diabetes, or any kind of diabetes really.

175lbs

height?

Height an any recent substantial weight loss?

5'9

Ok so not one faggot talked about the colour of your piss. If it's close to clear, no wonder you're pissing all the time. If it's dark yellow and you're still urinating frequently, you might have a problem.

Don't drink too much just for the sake of drinking. This "2L a day" shit has to stop being propagated. Some days you'll drink more than others. Just make sure your piss isn't dark yellow. Yellow -> Light yellow is what you're aiming for 100% of the time.

Type 2 can still suffer from dka if they don't take their pills, though it depends on how severe there condition is. Just fyi.

If it's dark yellow he has syndrome of inappropriate ADH, very unlikely my dude

tf is watermelon juice

Not really, it's been about the same for a while. Though I guess I can expect some weight loss from the change of diet and starting to work out in the near future.

My piss color is basically like water.

It's really not that bad. Hope you don't live in the US though lol.

LET ME GUESS: YOU LOVE TO JERK OFF DON'T YOU?

LOOKS LIKE YOU FUCKED UP YOUR PROSTATE.

then stop drinking. wait until you're actually thirsty - you're drinking too much liquid.

Fuck off it's EXTREMELY unlikely, type 2 diabetics have insulin and don't need to convert metabolism to ketones to protect the brain because the glucose can cross the blood brain barrier.

Type 2's get hyperosmolar hyperglycemic states when they pee too much and get dehydrated and have sugars in the 1000s

OH BTW DUMB FUCK: WATERMELON IS A DIURETIC. 1 L OF IT'S JUICE WILL HAVE YOU PISSING LIKE A RACE HORSE.

Try drinking watermelon juice, usually at least 1L a day that should gradually fix your badder control issues.

Yeah I do. I thought jerking off isn't bad for you? Hell, isn't it the opposite? Jerking off reduces chances of prostate cancer or something?

I guess I should, but I gotta figure out a way to keep myself from stuffing my face with snacks while I wait between lunch and dinner if I can't drink too much water to fill my stomach up. I've got no will power basically.

It's feasible that their pancreases "burn out" and get packed with amyloid after 30+ years of type 2 diabetes, then they can get DKA. But again very rare.

I drink lots of water but I'm also a fat fuck. I can go hours and hours without using the restroom. You're alot shorter and thinner than I am so your body probably just needs less water, and less calories. You still should probably go to a doctor just for a check-up. Wouldn't hurt. Keep your habit of not snacking and drinking soda up though, that'll help you in the long run

eat proteins.

I cook a chicken a week, it lasts about 3-4 days and you can snack on it all day, put it with chic peas and other things that are light in calories but will keep you going nearly all day if you're worried about your weight.

you're 18 dude, don't fret about this shit. stop drinking when your piss is clear, it's really, really unhealthy for you.

First off having an enlarged prostate would DECREASE urination (hard to start peeing too, need to go in the middle of the night from overflow).

Some of the people on here are serious tards

Eat healthier snacks, start liking vegetables, corn, celery, tomato slices. Or eat rice with a bit of pepper. Or an egg with a tortilla. You can snack I guess but just don't eat chips cookies and shit. Keep your snacks healthy and between 150-250 calories

Dude, you need to seek some urgent genito-urinary corrective surgery:

I dont't think I have ever seen someone's junk hanging down from their solar-plexus quite like that before.

Nice length & girth though (for a caucasian).

Type 2 have insulin, however the cells of their body can no longer use it correctly. The cells can't absorb sugar properly and in severe cases this can be bad enough that the cells have to burn almost solely fat to survive, leading to dka. It's actually pretty common, doctors even regularly check the urine of type2s for ketone.

You're normal OP, don't worry about it.

Anyone who drinks a lot of water and pees clear is gonna pee a lot if you keep drinking water. There's nothing wrong with that, and you would have to drink a FUCK LOAD of water to upset your electrolytes and cause a problem of "too much" water - it's possible, but not probable.

I think what you're experiencing is being a healthy person, well hydrated, and most people AREN'T so they think there must be something wrong - it's the opposite.

I'm a doctor (in the US... not some bullshit doctor), after reading the thread there are a few possibilities.

1. Psychogenic polydipsia: you're drinking too much water... Stop doing that, just drink when you're thirsty.
2. Diabetes Mellitus type 1 (Juvenile): You're the right age, but weight changes and body type aren't perfect fits. You're a little skinny for type 2, but remember that type 2 is more heritable than type 1, so if your family members have type 2 (fat adult) diabetes maybe look out.
3.Someone mentioned SIADH: Yeah maybe, this can be caused by tumors or taking meds (carbamazepine, cyclophosphamide). This diagnosis isn't very likely...
4. UTI: Inflammation of the bladder wall causes spasms and increased urination, also not very likely considering you're a guy.

You should cut back on the water and see if you pee less, you sound like you're just drinking way too much (sugar water is a diuretic and isn't helping either).

If that doesn't work, go to a doctor and get an A1c, you don't need to be fasting or anything it's a measure of the average glucose for last three months. They should prick your finger if they have the machine in their office otherwise it's a blood draw.

That will be $300

feeling thirsty means, you are already 10% dehydrated.

Oh no, 10%? Fuck. I might die when I drink when I actually need to drink. My piss won't be as clear as a glass pane, it'll be yellow like it's supposed to be..

So? You're implying being 10% dehydrated is a problem...

Diabetes

You have urinary retention syndrome. You think you have peed it all out but you haven't. Your bladder keeps on getting topped up because you haven't emptied it properly from before. You think you have but trust me you haven't. It is diagnosed with an intravenous radio urigram. Basically you get Ann x ray before and after you have peed to show that your bladder is still full. The other way is that after you think you have peed you insert a catheter to prove you haven't. See a doctor get the tests then prove it. You need to train to piss all of it, not train to hold more ok

i dont think its DM T1, but it could be. you just drink too much. if its just water, nevermind. Watermelonejuice fires up your kidneys and they will keep flushing out sugars n shit.

to answer you question: Yes, you can train your bladder. such as peeing a bit, stopping, peeing a bit and so on. an other method: keep holding it in. not at the uni but at home. this works in the hospital, it will work with you.

ok naruto, train your bladder - the rest of us will just drink slightly less water since OP drinks too much

Manlet Detected

ITT: Surprising amount of information.

so elaborate why drinking 2 to 3 liters of water a day is a problem.

every body needs hydration. for bloodcirculation, musclework, brainfunction, enzymatic processes, proper organfunctions and so on. as soon as you are thirsty, all this mechanism doesnt work properly. its not a problem per se, but it can turn to some, i.e. dizzyness, headache, flawed concentration... having to pee is not a symptom of illness, except DMT1 or maybe 2.

its actually bad to hold your piss. when you get older you will have trouble getting the stream going.

You're spewing absolute fucking nonsense. No one living a less than active lifestyle (student) needs 3 fucking litres of water in his daily life. He's pissing crystal clear water. Use your head.

this is why we canĀ“t have nice things. where is your argument? right.

Mate even a phlebotomist can tell you that if your piss is crystal clear, you're drinking too much. Do you want me to whip out a doctorate, or explain human evolution to you next?

>type 2 diabetics have insulin and don't need to convert metabolism to ketones to protect the brain because the glucose can cross the blood brain barrier.
>convert metabolism to ketones

Internet.

you should seek medical help, i forget the term for it, but constant urination/feeling like needing to pee is a symptom of something major.

Get a bigger bladder?

yes it's a symptom of drinking too much. well done, House.

>you're 18 dude, don't fret about this shit. stop drinking when your piss is clear, it's really, really unhealthy for you.
>drinking water is unhealthy

I'm sure OP is drinking >6 liters per day and suffers from minerals overload.

Also

>I cook a chicken a week, it lasts about 3-4 days

lol

aww it's mad about facts and thinks drinking more than you need to is healthy

Not (OP) I drink about 5 pints of water a day I'm very fit & super active. I piss a LOT. It seems like it would be normal to piss a lot if you drink a lot.

>aww
>"facts" word
>strawman

Considering the chicken eaten in 3-4 days, you must be winning internet arguments since last summer. Stay dehydrated.

stay retarded

No. Nothing bad ever happens to anyone.

Yes you can. The longer you hold it, the more your bladder will stretch. Stretch it for long enough and it will become larger and larger.

I have... let's call it control issues. I really dislike the idea of being told by my body what to do, so I urinate and have bowel movements on my schedule, when I choose to, not when my body tells me to. I usually urinate only once a day. I'm middle-aged, and a lifetime of this means that my bladder is enormous. I can fill a two litre bottle in one go.

I was recently in the hospital with a bad infection, so they were pumping antibiotics into me with an ocean of saline. The nurses noticed I wasn't urinating and thought I might be lying about not having to in order to avoid a catheter, so they kept ultrasounding my bladder and became increasingly amazed that no matter how much saline I got, my bladder still wasn't full.

My proudest moment.

I'd check your prostate ;)

Stretch it you gay retard. This post has to be bait

>>CORN, CELERY, TOMATO

All completely worthless vegetables. Fucking white people. Those have the least mount of nutrition of all veggies