Is anyone else kind of sick about how these guys seem to almost fetishize depression

is anyone else kind of sick about how these guys seem to almost fetishize depression

I mean as someone who has actually tried to kill himself twice, I know that depression isn't something to glorify. It's an illness. And the way these guys treat it just seems so... trendy and fashionable?

I don't know am I alone in this?

What do you guys think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfIvNtA08hI
youtube.com/watch?v=__PblMAprcA
youtube.com/watch?v=ah2NgBVC1ps
youtube.com/watch?v=GFDzQD-LR80
youtube.com/watch?v=y2fVQDB1kd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're not alone. What they're doing is pretty shitty.

These guy are fucking being viral marketed on here hard, they have a low iq 12 year olds idea of depression.

Listen to some ellliot smith if you want some actual i want to kill myself music

youtube.com/watch?v=pfIvNtA08hI

Fuck off with your tumblr sensitivity bullshit. I'm diagnosed manic depressive and I've attempted suicide several times and I don't give a shit about these fags. It's just entertainment.

Oh and if you want to know who the actual god of sad boys is

youtube.com/watch?v=__PblMAprcA

>everyone less edgy than me is from tumblr
up your lexapro scrip it isn't working

This is the nu emo, grandpa. Better get use to it.

So rappers aren't allowed to be depressed and make depressing music?

>is anyone else kind of sick about how these guys seem to almost fetishize depression
i have depression and i don't think either of them are doing that.
stop hatin

>ellliot smith

man alright no need to be an asshole.

You don't have to try and out depression me either I don't know why the fuck you are telling me all that shit as if it's a badge of honour.

I guess it is just entertainment in the end, but it seems wrong somehow. I don't know but something about it makes me feel sick in my stomach.

Maybe it's the way they poorly croon over zeitgeisty trap production that hits me the wrong way. It feels so trendy and in vogue. The way xxx talks about how his album is only for depressed people, idk. I know a lot of his fans and they tend to use depression as a fashion statement. But honestly I have a lot of trouble telling people about my depression. In fact I struggle with it so much I haven't even told my girlfriend about the second time I tried to kill myself yet. It's such a struggle for me and then I see all these kids on twitter, almost FLAUNTING it.

Maybe it's just something personal for me but it all feels so disingenuous and fake. For me, real music that sounds like depression is Angelic process or some shit, where it's just so heavy and crushing and droning, it just sounds like that crushing numbness that I felt when I had depression. Whatever it could just be me though.

Not only is it boring, it's probably not helping anybody. I'm with you OP.

nah, not saying it. But the way they are doing it feels s insincere. I know this could all be down to my personal preference but honestly real depression rap sounds like Earl Sweatshirt IDLSIDGO

you have mental issues. which is okay. but trying to psychoanalysis people you've never met isn't something you should do.
focus on improving your health. instead of accusing ppl of "faking" it.

Seriously, morrisy is the god of hipsters and the saint of emos

youtube.com/watch?v=ah2NgBVC1ps

>oh mother i can feel the soil falling over my head

These fuckers with rainbow hair and face tattoos will never touch him

why do you keep mentioning moz but then post nothing but smith songs?

This whole emo rap reminds me of all that shitty depressing black metal internet scene in the the late 00's. If you think this is bad that shitty black metal was 100x worse. At least these dudes can make enjoyable music

because he is way better at being an emo fuck without sounding like a 12 year old with daddy issues.

that shit was terrible, those fuckers were wearing burzum shirts as if varg wouldnt have stabbed those wigger faggots

but thats not him. thats the smiths
post something from his solo career. or fuck off poser

>tried to kill himself

that's not an actual thing, you just want attention

he wrote this one for you

youtube.com/watch?v=GFDzQD-LR80

he wrote this for you
youtube.com/watch?v=y2fVQDB1kd8

>actually tried to kill himself twice
Absolute loser. Can't even end yourself properly

You're literally parroting Fantano. Do you really think this is an unpopular opinion?

>is anyone else kind of sick about how these guys seem to almost fetishize depression?

Can anyone give me examples of this? I don't give a shit about these people, because their music sucks, but I am interested to see how depression can be fetishized and give me example in their works that would prove it as such.

Tumblr depression has always Been romanticized by people 15-25. It will probably never change. It makes you look deep in the most vapid and vain way, other people can see how oh so tormented and unique you are. This is nothing new and you shouldn't even get worked up over yet another trendy flaming faggot doing it.

Not that you're in the clear either.
>much REAL depression

I hate this board.

Ironically you're the one who act like being depressed and failed suicide attempts make you a judge and superior to other. Hypocrite

Depression has been hip for like a decade, get with it dad

You're not alone, I'm sure these artists have some form of minor depressive thoughts
But from what I've gathered listening to the music and reading whatever gossip shit people post here, it just feels like teenage angst cranked up to 11 because it's the new cool hip thing to do

So it comes off as a farce, wouldn't go so far as to call it emotionally dishonest because there's definitely emotion in the music but it's more inner turmoil than it is actual depression

> For me, real music that sounds like depression is Angelic process or some shit
this honestly, I like B L A C K I E for those skullnumbing moments

Why don't you just kill yourself?

I still have bets going

come on dude. these guys' music is so incredibly vapid and they try to make it as palatable as possible by infusing it with a pop sound. i think xx is corny as hell and the same goes for peep but i do have a couple of his tracks saved, its not serious.

thats like comparing beethoven to skrillex

Peep is marketed to semi-depressed teenage girls. Xxx the same but guys. Why are you suprised?

People have been doing this for decades

kill yourself op

This.
There's no such thing as attempted suicide unless you're literally handicapped.

You didn't really want to do it and/or wanted the attention from it.

Call me crazy but Elliott's music never struck me as overtly depressing, maybe a little melancholy. I think it's revisionism due to his death. His music expresses a wide range of emotions, imo.

don't be mean to my dad

Nah the first time I sliced my wrists while my parents were out for a walk, they came back and called 9/11. I was 10 years old at that time.

Second time was in sophomore year of high school, had had a bad night and I was drunk as fuck at my house, went to my parents medicine cabinet and swallowed everything in it. Woke up in the hospital, my brother had coincidentally came home that night because he broke up with his gf, he was supposed to be sleeping at her place for the night.

so you are very wrong I was just extremely lucky. I'm thankful for them because I'm not in that place anymore though.

yeah I know what you mean thats probably more on the money. I just wish they wouldn't use the term depression or reference suicide so much though because it's a very real and different thing than just angst.

I didn't mean to mention that to brag or anything. I jsut wanted to add context so it made a little more sense as to why seeing these rappers made me so uncomfortable. SOrry if it came off in that way, wasn't my intention at all.

>tried to kill himself
>tried
>TRIED

cmon' son, it's not that hard to end your life

don't do it tho

Try again faggot

kek

What kind of loser fails to kill themselves TWICE? Keep trying.

XXX's depression is fake whereas everything peep sings about is real

Who is the queen of sad girls however?

me

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

it's mostly bitterness, imo

wew

Depressed people kill themselves.

It doesn't have to happen at the peak of their fame.