WIKI - NO MOUNTAINS IN MANHATTAN

DAMN. is the only other hip hop album this year that competes with this. This shit is a masterpiece.

Screencap this: Wiki will blow the fuck up. I predict Acid Rap levels of come-up from this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49izphNu_9o
youtube.com/watch?v=Zsp3lDA4sYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really like Wiki, but I just do not see him getting that big.

it might be helpful if XL throws their weight behind promoting him. they've managed to figure out how to successfully market Arca and King Krule.

i'm waiting to see what kind of proper US tour they book him for here. that'll show what sort of confidence they have in him.

wiki will never blow up.
hes ugly and weird. antwon has a better chance of blowing and he sucks

nonetheless its a good album.

When I heard Mayor I immediately thought of Acid Rap era Chance, nothing else on the album really sounds like that with the exception of maybe Baby Girl (kind of) but there are some absolute bangers on there. Production is crazy, Pretty Bull could easily blow up I think. He's good good hooks on a lot of tracks, he's obviously an incredible rapper... I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking but he went a lot less weird on this project in comparison to Lil Me to the point that I think the public at large will take notice

My guy lowkey handsome with all his teeth in, and he's said he's getting them replaced.
Also, Chance is ugly as fuck and built an entire career out of weirdness, so I don't really see your argument to begin with

Forgot pic

>Also, Chance is ugly as fuck and built an entire career out of weirdness,
chance had helped from the industry and plays the role model as positive light skinned black guy. hes "weirdness" is for ppl who shop at hot topic at most.
also chance has people's skills
while wiki....youtube.com/watch?v=49izphNu_9o

Project Asia just dropped an album too, but yes this was definitely a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale genre

1 minute in and these guys are already the two most fucking annoying interviewers I've seen in recent history

Still ain't heard a better rap album than Painting Pictures this year.

>keep skipping ahead until fat black man shuts the fuck up and lets the others talk
>get to the end of the video

SMOKIN WEED CAUSE IT FEELS GOOD

>successfully market Arca and King Krule

XL is lazy as fuck. They are great because they'll give the artist enough money to make their work but aside from Adele they don't really push anybody. It's like their artists already give them finished product and they act more like a distributor. I prefer them to be like this they don't interfere too much.

As to the OP point. Holy shit. This is the type of music I think of when I think of New York. This is really great.

As for Wiki's overall success, as long as he's making enough money to not stress and keep giving us shit like this I wish him all the best. Shit he's only 23? That's fucking crazy. So much talent. Wow.

man i gave up when they were talking about how you can't get scrapple in NY. that just ain't true. he isn't trying.

Holy fuck this shit is fire...

Yeah seriously, great cherrypicking a joint interview with Antwon's chatty ass and two dipshit interviewers who love hearing themselves talk as proof Wiki doesn't have "people's skills"

This. Also the best tracks are the first three then it kind of falls off

>Chance is ugly as fuck and built an entire career out of weirdness
>weirdness

What weirdness?

I think he means the positivity gimmick

>"NININAHNAHNAHNAHNAHHH!!!!"
are you fucking dumb?

No, but if you think Chance is weird you are.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsp3lDA4sYs

If you DON'T think Chance was considered weird by the general population when he came out, you're either dumb, or dumb and underaged (and I predict the latter)

I AIN'T A PLAYA BUT THE MEYAH DOE

Yeah. Chance was really weird. Rapping about smoking, getting suspended from school and how much he loves his mama.

His voice, idiot, and his adlibs, jesus christ why do I even bother

Oh. Adlibs were supposed to make me think Chance is weird. Not that any of his other content has anything to do with it. Just the adlibs. Got it.

Oh yeah his voice too, in rap, where everyone's voice is weird.

Peer through my lens as we look back at the early years of this decade and you find that he was preceded by Childish Gambino, Lil B, Odd Future, Charles Hamilton and all these other weirdos. Tell me again how Chance was weird because of his voice and adlibs.

>thread about a good rapper devolves into a chance pissing contest
every time

But Wiki has a high pitched voiced too, isn't that so weird? It's just like Chance, so weird man.

aaaaaaaaaaa

it's kinda meh but it deserves more attention than XXXTENINCHESTALL so I'll bump this

Tell me what time I'm on staaage!

shit is pure new york. this was the late 90's he'd be in dipset