Why are American cars so big?

Why are American cars so big?

Also, why do Americans drive such big cars?

In a land full of obese people, you need everything to be big to atleast fit them

why do Brits drive such big cars?

1. because we like them big
2. because we can

Because we want to be just like our bastard children in 'murrica.

We need the extra room to drive home all the stuff we just bought at stores, poor person. Kill yourself.

If you're involved in a wreck, what kind of car do you want to be in? Some tiny ass car that's going to crunch up like tin foil?

Nah I want one of those big old trucks where the engine ends up in my ribcage lol

reminder mazda 3 best car

why not?

The taller driving spot for one

Small Japanese cars are objectively superior to fat American cars.

ew, old

In no sense of the term is it best at anything.

Gay, also it's the same size as a last generation Monte Carlo.

Mazda 3 is the best car in the world. He can go super maneuever corner. FWD cheap car. What car you drive poor boy?

>FWD
>good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>still doesnt say car
Bus rider idiot. You drive shit car and have shit brain.

Well it's simple OP we can have whatever the fuk we want cuz of FREEDOM!

>t. unbelievably shit taste

Fat, spoiled people like to have too many kids and bring tons of crap wherever they go.

Hahahhha /thread

I drive a Honda S2000. What do you have to say about that?

Because we have freedom

Good

I have a truck so I can pull my camper for camping. No fucking hatchback is going to do that.

>my excessively loud exhaust makes up for my lack of torque

Not foreign fuckface, but i say i hope its a manual and you're a smart guy. Enjoy your nice nip roadster.

>Mazda 3
>best car
Hahahahahaha.
They're decent cars, I'd drive one myself. But they're not the best by any means.

>says FWD is good because they're cheaper
>insults someone by calling them poor
Nigga please

we travel a lot more distance a lot more frequently than a lot of people. Therefore we want to be comfortable and not be in some sardine can shitbox

Have you ever been there? the place is fucking massive, would you want to drive a thousand miles in a Volkswagen up! or a Kia Sorento?

I like how you both assume bigger is better in both cases. Bigger doesn't mean safer if it's made of low-grade metal, and size doesn't mean comfort. There's an in-between from the Ford F150 and Volkswagen Up. But I guess it's the U.S, either it's tiny like your brains or big like your stomachs.

eh... you say that, but most of the eurotrash garbage i have seen is under powered and small inside. One of the big factors is power, as a vehicle needs to be able to handle highway speeds here. I know in europe there are a lot of shitty low powered cars that don't go much over 70km/h, and even some scooter class cars that are designed to run in the 50-60km/h range. Here, a vehicle must be capable of running at 120km/h reliably. That means larger motor, and size & weight requirements allowing it to function at highway speeds.

Just because you drive some scooter class 0.6l piece of crap that won't go over 50km/h, doesn't mean the rest of the world needs it.

Highway speed here in canada is from 100-120km/h, and the us goes from 55mph to 85mph. If vehicles are unable to maintain speed then they are banned from use on public highways. They also require a 1 star minimum crash test rating, which is done under strict conditions in a government lab. That also means that the cheap chineese shit you enjoy is not legal for the roads either. Something about having the crumple zone being the passenger compartment.

Because a large vehicle provides a more stable base for the machine gun and ample ammo storage. Duh...

because back in the day when the government was setting up how road users would be taxed, they set a limit between the usual size of a passenger car and the usual size of a truck and taxed everyone below the limit much higher than everyone above the limit in the interest of promoting business
so in response
american car companies started making passenger vehicles so big that they passed the limit and had to be taxed like commercial trucks
fucking retarded americans

fpbp, genuinelly kek'd

I have a 1.25l 2010 Ford Fiesta, it's completely capable of going 120km/h. I did prefer my 1.8l Ford Mondeo, but the Fiesta is just fine.

There is no reason to own a huge car, they just take up a lot of space.

My first car

1976 Cadillac Sedan Deville

Out of every vehicle I ever owned, this one was the best.
It had every option and the interior was so roomy.
I've never had another car that was so comfortable to have sex in.

eh, ford fiesta is fine for some people, however if you have a large family it kinda sucks dick for getting everyone around. There are a lot of smaller cars here, however a lot of people do end up getting larger vehicles as well.

The other main difference, is that in north america everything is designed for larger vehicles, not some old ass wagon trails like through most of europe.

Literally every fucking non electric car goes over 120km/h in europe. Retard

No, you just explained why governments fucking suck.

Poor 'murican here. I drive a '93 jeep wrangler. It has good handling in snow/gravel/mud, 4wd, and its small enough to park anywhere. Lacks any safety features except seat belts and a fucking roll cage. That being said, I love it compared to the Hyundai I used to drive. American vehicles are built for the conditions we deal with in America, Euro cars for Europe, and Asian cars are cheaply built trash.

Are you fucking retarded or something? You think you're the only place on earth with highways? There's a place called the Autobahn, not sure if you've heard of it. It's in Germany, where cars are a lot better than your bulky cartons of metal

hmm... i seem to remember you guys having a special class of vehicle for people that were some under powered POS, but i think that may be france or some shit.

I find it strange, as a lot of eurpoeans like the larger american vehicles. A lot of it is from people over here being bigger, and don't want to feel claustrophobic in some little euro shitbox. Some companies do small cars right, but some don't.

Then again, a drive a 4x4 pickup. Where I live we get snow and ice 5 months of the year, and shit conditions and fucked up roads the rest of the time. Small cars are nice, but during frost heave they have a habit of getting fucked up. Also, we build our chassis a lot heavier to handle the stress of the roads here as well as front end components.

because we don't live on a continent the size of a shoebox you small dicked Eurofag

6 is better

We have space and built most of our cities after the horse and cart era with some planning of easy transportation in mind.
Also gas is hella cheap here, so it's not a huge extra toll on the budget
I drove a Wrangler cause I used to live on the beach
My mom drives a mid size suv so she can see over other cars. You can plan your moves a lot better from up there

Tell me it's stick and I will beat off to this response

5 speed my nigga

European and Asian cars have good quality and in the upper luxury class are usually pretty big as well. It would seem American culture just associated size with luxury more seriously.
Meanwhile many American car companies have achieved similar levels of quality.
That said, there is a passion in American cars that goes beyond simple practicality and economy.
Like this, Caddies are a real treat and a work of art like many BMWs and Aston Martins.

in Finland when you're 15 years old you can drive a "scooter car" which is basically a tiny car that goes 50km/h. But only kids drive them.

Sorry for very poor phrasing

But my car is small. Checkmate.

because americans are big

>Asian cars are cheaply built trash
Korean cars and Japanese cars aren't the same

I'll concede that.

Because we can

You're an alright nigga. Have a good day

You too user

Call me gay, but kindness and respect between strangers makes me happy for some reason. Kuddos to you anons

So they can carry their extra set of teeth

A 76 Jaguar SJ6 and a 69 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT. Also have a 2014 Range Rover for buisness trips. WBU

Italy here, you can drive scooter and "cars" up to 50km/h when you're 14, that's the point, when you're 16 you have access to 125cm3 motorbikes that usually go up to 120/130km/h (used to go up to 180/190 but they limited them) and when you're 18 you can drive everything with a limit of 90hp, but most of the cars will do at least 140kmh... I have a 1.2L shitty punto from the 90s and it does 160kmh tops, usually I'm around 120/140 on the highway, absolutely doable

Look at Germany, everyone has a BMW there their highways have no limits

also in the market for a syline. btw im a divorce attorney, ama

Skyline*

Why are you a cuck?

Forgot to say, the way 50cm3 scooter/motorbikes engines are designed it is almost impossible for most of them to do only 50kmh so they're limited out of factory but it's super easy to remove the limits so everybody does it.

My first motorbike I had at 15 did 100kmh :') can't say our vehicles are slow

fuckin subaru is gay

Imprezas are actually a decent tuner car though

:kappa:

(dick size) * (car size) = constant

The 82hp version? It was my ex-car and that car was TERRIBLE.
It's really completely capable of going 120 km/h ... guzzling 9L/100km in the process. And about the same in city driving.
Changed to an Auris HSD and cut my fuel consumption by 50%.

Eurofag here. Even my little car for 3000 bucks goes 160km/h high speed. Im from Germany and we have lots of places with no speed limit. The average speed here in highway is 140 km/h. The only limit WE have is 200km/h max speed for cars which drive in public roads. Cars which can just Drive 120 max speed are only oldtimers. The scooters with max speed 500km/h you can drive with car Driver license or when you are 16 and over. Motorcycles with max 125ccm you can drive with motorcycles license and 16 and over. And with 18 and over you can drive with big motorcycles license near every motorcycle. For some very powerful motorcycles you need some years motorcycle Driver experience.

Miata fag here, most of the people in my area drive trucks and they're slow as fuck.

have been in the back of the sedan version. I dont like the rear seats

I would love to Drive an 125ccm Enduro. But in Germany you need an little motorcycle Driver license for that. So fucking useless.

No idea my mom let me borrow her ford 500 while I got my clutch for my corolla replaced and it just feels unnecessarily big

Disappointed that there won't be another Mazdaspeed version of any of their models b/c of their SkyActiv engines

fucking 22b. 20 years old, 2 litre engine and it would beat any of your dumb 5 litre american cars

good point, but do you guys have a lot of hills as well? the other big thing here is, our roads are designed for vehicles 8'6" wide before you start getting into oversize stuff. Well, for commercial trucks anyway. Not sure if it's the same over there though

Sitting in a GM plant right now, but we make tiny cars.

I drive a Grand Cherokee like 1/3rd of all Michigan does.

I have that exact car and I hate that fucker. Only thing good about it is the 30mpg that I get.

I daily drive my Denali XL. I get 13 mpg in that but it's worth it.

Big cars for our big cocks.

Why are trucks so tiny in other countries? How do you do work with that shit?

>GM employee
>Mopar car
Checks out

Not the guy you replied to but what year is your mazda 3? Just curious.

6'3", taller in my work boots, 78" arm length.

Big cars are fucking COMFORTABLE. I don't even fit inside most SUV's. Don't even get me started about sitting in a Honda CRV. Can that even be called an SUV?

That being said my first car was a 2003 VW gti 2-door.(jazz blue 20th anniversary for anybody that cares).
I fit in that just fine. Nobody could sit behind me though. And since I have friends in the car regularly I had to "upgrade". I now drive a stage 3 turbo diesel Jetta wagon. More space for friends and hauling shit. Still not enough though.