For the past 4 months I have been applying to jobs on indeed. Yet I have gotten nothing...

For the past 4 months I have been applying to jobs on indeed. Yet I have gotten nothing. I even tried applying to fucking McDonalds.

I got an interview a couple months ago for a job that paid 12.50 and did pretty well on that. The HR rep gave me a pre-employment sheet and told me to go do a drug test. Unfortunately a week back my wallet was stolen. So when I went to go do the test they said I needed a photo ID. So I didn't get the job. Which sucks because I have never done drugs in my life

I feel like a loser when my relatives pay my rent while eating 50 dollars worth of food a month. I have never had a job before. I am willing to spend 8 hours a day to get money, but I just don't know what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

formoneyonly.com/?refer=176810
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can relate my dude, currently seeking a job. Got an offer, then they retracted it.

Sounds like you’re trying, good on you. You’ll find something, keep at it.

Go get an ID, you fuckin retard.

I have one now dick head

This
You can make it OP, good luck

>I have never done drugs in my life
sounds like you should start...

Just find a job.

>I have never done drugs in my life
>I have never had a job before

yeah ok

user, i'm going to give you the secret to success.

Lie.

Lie like there is no tomorrow. Lie on your resume, practice lie stories to tell in interveiws that make you sound amazing.

References are rarely checked, and references can be easily faked as well.

Also you sound young, probably under 22. Lie about your age too. Say you're older than you are.

This man speaks the truth about lies. Everyone does it.

This, but not the age bit what the fuck you have to give an ID you fucking retard

Ur fucking pathetic

I'm only 20. Since I don't have a job I really don't interact with anyone meaning 0 references.

I said some stuff how I worked for a local business in the small town I grew up in on my resume, but when I apply they ask for exact names of businesses I worked for. Do I really need to say I worked for a certain company or even make up a company?

Why the hell is this so convoluted.

Generally good point, but when applying to a big company you can lie to the interveiwer if they're not the same one doing your paperwork. Just don't write age on resume. When asked say a number that's a little boosted.

You're right though this is a more advanced manuever and OP sounds summernew so he shouldnt attempt yet.

Yeah I wouldn't lie about previous work or about degrees, you'll spend all your life wondering if someone's gonna look it up
Be honest and do volunteer work, it looks good on resumes

Ok, sounds like your communications skills are, well, average. Most people don't realize how much their ability to communicate confidently affects their success in life.

My suggestion would be to go find one of those outfits that make you go door to door for politcal donations. Even if you don't actually beleive in the cause I suggest doing it for a week.
Why?
Meeting so many people in such a short amount of time lets you practice your ability talking to people. As you do, you'll quickly get much more comfortable looking someone in the eye when you speak. Eye contact is the top qualifier in confident communication.

Once you've done that a little you'll sit down in interviews or encounter employers and be able to lie and impress them wihout doubting yourself.

Yes, make up companies. I would say make at least 2 resume's geared towards different industry. I don't know what sort of work you favor or is common near you so I can't tell you exactly which to gear it towards. But all your fake stuff should be geared towards a single path on each resume. Have friends and family pose as fake references. Obviously coach them ahead of time for when/if they get called. (most likely if, references rarely get checked depending on industry)

You make less than 33k a year. Am I wrong?

Getting that first job sucks ass, it really does. No one wants to hire someone who has never worked before. I can tell you from my own past experience that you'll likely suck at your first job. After a couple different types of jobs, you'll start to understand how "working" works. Getting jobs is like getting laid, it gets easier after the first time.
Also try to word things in a positive light.
And the best advice I can give for the shit jobs you're likely to do soon: Supervisors are babysitters, plain and simple. They are there as a means to watch the bottom line. They are not in a high enough position to mean anything. They're a grunt who makes probably $1/hr more than others, and just like you, want to get their cash and keep their boss from being pissy until the end of the day. Highschool dropouts could and do the kind of coordination a supervisor does, if any at all. Don't expect them to be smart, and don't expect them to have any leadership skills. Just do your shit and get paid, it's only a bonus if you happen to get along with your boss. But don't expect it.
Remember, people generally don't want to do a "good" job, they just want to get done and get paid. If they're doing more, they have a stake in it, heard they might get promoted, their boss is quitting soon, it's raise season, ect. Striving for success is one thing, but nobody likes a suckup who plays on favoritism.
Also fuck office squatters.

I know UPS in the winter months basically hires anyone that can move. Really solid first job as a driver helper pays like 10.50 an hour.

There's some good advice too.

Also, watch out for SJW employers. Not worth the risk.

Well thank you to everyone who gave helpful advice.

Like people said, lie until your teeth fall off. Make a resume and add fake jobs that you've done. I've "worked" in construction, metal industry and all kinds of made up jobs. Also don't be a retard and go telling that you've done jobs that require ph.d. Eventually those fake jobs can be replaced with real experience, that's how I got my first real job. I lied, it's that simple.

Correct. I work as an intern as I'm still doing Engineering at University.

What would you recommend in order to make more than 33k a year?

Start lifting, big muscles are an indicator of hard work. Show them why they should be asking you to work for them

20 y/o here. The real secret is to go there in person after you apply. Make something up like “My application closed out and I didn’t know if it was sent or not so I figured I’d stop by and make sure” or “I’m not a fan of online applications is there any physical form or way to apply in person?” Dress adequately but not like you’re actually getting an interview.
A LOT of older employers love people who take the time to show their interest in the job, it’s a sign of dedication, cleanliness, and your willingness to work, versus a young douche who just spans online applications in his underwear.
Recently got a well paying retail job at an outdoors store that I love with this method.

A lot of times they will say that they got your resume and that the manager is there. And will either choose to interview you right then and there or schedule one. Just show persistence, but don’t act entitled or annoying if that makes any sense.

That's some solid advice user

What?

This
h
i
s

If you desire to work, but cannot seem to get a job and you're living with parents or family this does not make you a loser. You will have your job at some point.

There are those who purposely live with family and friends and use all of their resources knowing at some point they will be asked to leave but do not give a shit. This is a loser. Someone who can work but chooses not to.
Someone who does drugs for recreation, however can afford their own habit so they
stay with family and use all their money for this.
Losers are people who know what they're doing is wrong but do it anyway either for recreation or satisfaction.
You are not a loser OP.

Snag a Fucking Job OP I’ve gotten 4 interviews scheduled in a week, already bailed on two of them for the better ones. Spam apps to the local businesses on there and you’ll find something

well I know you said you're going to the shitty places make sure to call a 2 days after you put the app in.. I've always got jobs quick by doing the call in thing, or you could try this bullshit and just play with your dick all day

formoneyonly.com/?refer=176810