Look at that low volume on VIRT this week, you can see the lowness right in the low res price chart

Look at that low volume on VIRT this week, you can see the lowness right in the low res price chart

Low volume across everything it trades is bad for Virtu's PNL, which would lower the price. So conversely, since Virtu stock would always rise on high volume and fall on low volume, does that mean its price should actually be infinitely high?

Since this is a technical analysis argument it must be completely wrong, as all technical analysis arguments are, but WHY is it wrong? There are actually some subtleties here involving clearing and settlement and the way Virtu does its PNL accounting and reporting

The reason all technical analysis arguments are wrong is that you cannot predict future prices from previous prices alone, it is information theoretically impossible to the degree the market is efficient, which as of 2017 is "very, very". And yet here we are.

screenshot bump

Holy shit look at that fucking get. I am seriously proud of those digits even without any dubs

You know the SEC can garnish and fine you if they find out you're baiting algs? Like, go ahead, but at least make sure that you're not the only one with a major position visible. At least don't make their job easy.

Now that it's eleven hours and about eleven minutes, check out my /sci/ thread too

Yes this is a concern of mine too. My only position is $150,000 of Virtu stock in a cash Fidelity brokerage account, and I've been trying to make some money on it and offer stock tips on Sup Forums. I don't think it counts as algo baiting if you're offering legitimate non-insider price information.

The eleven hours and eleven minutes thing is a reference to this guy from Archer on FX. Time and tide, they wait for no man, nor does Kronos.

How did I get my timing on that post so perfect as to align all the digits of the date, timestamps, and post ID like that? I thought, "should I wait the full 11 minutes after my post at 11:11 to hit post on this post? What would Kronos do? Oh, yeah". Then I posted it

If you're trying to figure out what I mean by this random cartoon episode for trading purposes, make sure to skip the entire middle part from anywhere between when Murphy starts waving his wrench around like Gordon Freeman to the point where he's crushed by an off brand drink machine

oh this looks promising. rolling

fuck

wait holy shit

aaaaaaaaaaa

well, it was a good try

bump

Let's see what the get was

Actually that's not too bad

last bump

Actually, I'll give you another price chart, because I think this is pretty cool price action

I guess I should have timed that post better in terms of clock time

Made it all the way to 0 hours and 0 minutes again

Thank you to the only other person besides me (OP) who was willing to participate in this thread.

Looks like it's been about one hour and zero minutes since I started my Captain Murphy routine

Anyway. Time and tide, they wait for no man.

Sorry, I think I got the camera angle a little wrong. Let me try again. Time and tide, they wait for no man.

Nor do I, Mr. Tunt, nor do I. And unless my demands (which I can't remember because they are too long) are met, I will laugh at you while you attempt to divine the Kabbalistic significance of this thread.

If you need a hint, ask the NSA or your local amateur NSA Club to look up all the other threads from my Verizon IP, via6 condointernet IP, Belltown Inn IP, Vermont Inn IP, various hospital IPs, etc, and look up all the other threads in which I posted Captain Murphy or any other Archer character or even Futurama characters. Don't laugh though, I was in a lot of trouble, at least in my head

I think I also tried to break into via6's network security by wandering around the building and in the building's stairwells (I no longer had my physical or electronic keys because I had left on threat of eviction) and logging in through the guest access, but I was unsuccessful

Equities close is in 4 minutes