Anyone here on Sup Forums play any instruments?

Anyone here on Sup Forums play any instruments?

>pic related part of gear

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kill-everyone/in-the-flesh-demo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Drums, picking up bass due to living space limitations

Any tips?

Guitar, bass and keys. Casually for fun. What kind of synth is that?

I played the upright for a couple years

Got an Ernie ball mystic dream, pod hd500 rack mount version and a Randal RH100. Can't be arsed to take a pic

Skin flute

Guitar, Keyboard, Melodica

that keyboard is perched precariously atop that stand, what happens when you really want to bang out Mozart and it tips and smashes on the floor?

They're members of my family, boy. I love them all!

Currently play Trombone in a marching band.
also play piano and guitar (but im not skilled at guitar lol)

im also really into midi stuff

>what is a keyboard controller

What's your style/genre?

>And list your genre

Underrated post

Guitar, drums, cello, piano. Just curious, or other questions?

I'm currently learning piano at the very most basics. Purchased a Kawai digital piano and Alfred's basic piano course.

learn by ear, focus on technique.
Scales are your best friend, learn how to use them and write some bass lines.

Not a synth, old cascio privia.
Using as a midi controller.

Its actially sturdier than you think.

Want a Fender Duo-Sonic.

My shit

Banjo. Clawhammer style mostly.

Any tips on technique? I listen to a pretty wide variety of things so I'd preferably be able to play a wide variety of techniques

yes, guitar & keyboards, poorly
>genre: shoegaze/jangle/90s alt rock

Also get a cheapo keyboard and experiment with it. It will expand your understanding of what's on the fretboard.

Sup fags
Anyone here record?

This is only a small portion of my gear

Is that a pre-jackson charvel?

just acoustic with my ux2, been trying to save for studio time. just so I have something to look back on. not looking to make money off it

I honestly don't know. A friend and bandmate from way back shipped it to me. He included a note about its origins but I don't recall it all. Only that I can't use a whammy on it. Sounds ferocious though.

misplaced reply at

guitar,piano,ocarina, and trying to learn violin but fingers are too stubby.

I play the skin flute. AMA.

>2kCurrentYear
>paying perfectly good money for studio time

Nigger, you've already got a great little usb interface. If your acoustic isn't acoustic/electric, spend some money on a decent mic or high quality sound-hole pickup.

Record yourself
Torrent some Waves and Fabfilter plugins
Watch 2 hours worth of mixing videos on youtube

That's literally the same quality any local studio is going to give you. Unless you're recording with Joey Sturgis or Alan Parsons, save your money. Modern at-home recording has grown by leaps and bounds in the last decade or two.

Try cello.
Had the same prob and had choice to do cello or doublebass.
Cello sounds beautiful accompanying or just solo.

I want to pay for studio time in studios that have recorded some of my favourite albums of the last 20 or so years

I play clarinet, a bit of piano, and barely anything of ocarina

Fuck, It looks pretty old (for a charvel). Has to be mid-80s at the very latest. I wish I was there, I'd set it up for you. I guarantee you I could get the tremolo working properly. You've just gotta be a bad motherfucker like me.

same fam

I play synth. I typically only write music when I'm on acid or mushrooms.

Here's my music if you're interested.

soundcloud.com/hexeract

I also play drums, guitar, keyboard and mandolin. But Synth and sound design is where my heart is. I've played in bands professionally, and also worked as a sound tech (for better bands) for many years.

Alright, fair enough. But honestly, you could get better results than you think with just a few weeks of practice mixing.

Skin flute, toot toot

Ever shred any Rick Wright licks?

He was a bad mofo on a set of keys.

using the Ux2 with three different ovation series guitars with built in mic/amp. I use a taylor for raw recording, but its hard to record guitar/bass/drum and then ambient piano or whatever on your own. I used to include "I play 11 instruments!" in dating profiles, now its a hindrance I rarely bring up

the mixing isn't the issue, if you toss a throwaway email I'll attach some accoustic mp3, it's more or less I want the memory more than anything. to say I was recorded on the same soundboards, for example. but THEBESTTHEBEST bought the board I sought after most, and getting into that studio is a 50k ticket :(

>air handling by musical instruments
Please stop, this is making me autistic

>Rick Wright

Of course, Floyd has been my favorite band since high school.

Old second-handed TD-12. Works fine for its' age. Funny thing, the previous owner had already configured it for Rock Band before I decided to.

let me give you a piece of advice friend. Sell that horrible line 6 thing, and get a class A or class AB tube amp. I recommend the orange Rocker 15 for bang for buck. But seriously any tube amp is better than that digital monstrosity.

It's not about watts, or features....It's about tone. A tube amp is a living thing.

fuck sorry

see

I play mostly acoustic guitar.

Any guitar fags have experience with dunlop 01 and 02 or the lemon oil? I haven't cleaned my guitar, and it's pretty fucked with some fucking green shit in the corners where the frets a are, so i'm thinking of going to pick up some cleaning products. Just wanted some peoples opinions on those products or any alternatives.

try changing your strings more than once a generation

Nigger do you even Cory Henry, Herbie Hancock, Jacob Collier, Jordan Rudess or Derek Sherinian?

Would you be interested in doing some collabing with me? I'm covering the Wall and I need a good synth player who can send me midi performances.

soundcloud.com/kill-everyone/in-the-flesh-demo

This post gave me cancer

Don't worry, I've started doing that, it's just the fret board is covered in shit and is pretty waxy, so i needa clean it.

Nowhere else in that room to put it

I hear you and agree. I sound like shit through anything though.

I clean originally with dettol, I use linseed providing I haven't had to pitch the neck. if there was an issue with the neck, I will use a solid wax rub and heat

Lol that's not how you use a capo dumbass

I used to work at a music store in the Seattle-area. I did a shit ton of guitar repair work/maintenance. It was there that I discovered Guitar Honey and Lizard Spit + Nickel Polish cloths for the frets.

>Change strings
>Clean body with Lizard Spit
>Clean Neck with Guitar Honey (going against the grain of the wood to really work it in)
>vigorously clean frets with nickel polishing cloth (very thin cloths about 6" long used for cleaning band instruments.)

If you do these things every time you change your strings, your guitar will play like fucking BUTTER.

I've tried all that lemon oil, dunlop 65 bullshit. Fuck ALL of it.

>I hear you and agree. I sound like shit through anything though.
You'll sound better though Guitar Rig + Melodyne I'm sure.

>actually liking sturgis
you realize he is a massive hack?

Oh yeah, ofc

But you can't deny he's solely responsible for the "new metal" sound as far as mixing. All those -core bands that were huge between 06-11 recorded with him.

For his niche area of recording, he was very good. Turn him loose on something like pop or classic rock mixing, it'd be pure ass on a biscuit.

Yo guys, I've got some funky shit with my electric guitar. If i strum my guitar while it is facing vertically, the body will then have a pretty noticeable rattle until I stop playing for about and hour, it eventually goes away but it's just pretty annoying. It's not really a big deal, because rarely do you ever play with the guitar facing upwards, but if I accidentally do it, or if someone else grabs my guitar it's something i have to actively keep an eye on.

Also, rattle isn't exactly the right way to explain it. It rattles and effectively makes some notes sound dead.

Any idea on what it could be?

Alright, thanks for the info man.