A wonderful and brave step forward for California!

A wonderful and brave step forward for California!

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
breitbart.com/london/2017/06/24/sweden-include-gender-identity-hate-crime-legislation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idk how this could possibly stand up in any federal court.. this is a blatant violation of the first amendment, regardless of your views on the subject.

GET OUT FASCIST

you are a blatant faggot

so not sir. not mam. it?

>mfw autists jump on my reply to obvious bait

seriously though, this is effectively sending anyone with differing viewpoints on the subject to prison. bait or not this is what our country is becoming.

Yeah i agree, you can say you are a nazi or a communist in America because ot he 1st amendment.
California needs to become a republic though for the sake of the rest of the US.

This and they just reduced punishment for people that knowingly spread HIV.

Misgender someone and you can get 1 year in prison

Intentionally give people HIV and 6months is the maximum sentence

It applies to health care workers. The health care workers treating patients must use the patient’s correct pronoun after learning the patient’s preference. If they intentionally use the incorrect pronoun, they could be subject to licensure discipline proceedings. The criminal prosecution part comes in where other patient abuse occurs, although the author of the bill adding transgender pronouns to the law admitted that theoretically someone could be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong patient pronoun given how broadly the law was written. Under the old version of the law, a health care worker using a racial epithet to address a patient was subject to discipline, or, theoretically, criminal prosecution as well.

Proponents of the law say it applies in situations similar to a hospice worker repeatedly taunting a patient in their care by calling the patient a nigger. It’s supposed to prevent the health care worker from taunting a transgendered patient by calling them “he” when they prefer “she” or “they.”

My take on it is: fuck those tranny faggots.

Dident you know?

With the left your rights end where their feelings begin.

THIS IS WHY I HOPE JERRY BROWN GETS AIDS AND DIES I SHOULD ASK HIM IF HE NEEDS BLOOD

Look at the news outlets that are running this story (pic related) they're all pure propaganda outlets.

It's a fake news story, writing to rile people up that don't understand the actual law that was passed. Same deal as what happened in canada a couple months ago.

When you read the actual law it has to do with harassment towards transgenders, using the wrong pronoun to aggressively harass someone.

If you call someone the wrong thing by accident you won't get in trouble.

Basically it's the same thing if you went to an office and they called you a woman over and over like assholes, you could sue and report. This gives trannies that same right.

Don't forget about this brave, new, progressive move.

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html

I admit this made me do a double take but now I know OP is full of shit after looking it up myself

Get me out of California fast. First it was the plastic bags. Now it’s HIV being a misdemeanor instead of a felony. And now this shit?
>end me fampai

do you mean that california should separate from the US? that would suck. we wouldnt get their tax revenue anymore.

fake news, it's sweden not california.

breitbart.com/london/2017/06/24/sweden-include-gender-identity-hate-crime-legislation/

No wonder california is burning to the fucking ground right now

god why is it so expensive to live in L.A.? i have to live with my grandparents and my mom, i just want get out of this godforsaken place,but my grandparents want to buy house next year and want me to pay it after they retire.

Um, excuse me Sup Forums but my preferred pronouns are faggot and double/turbo faggot. Please refer to me as such or I will be forced to take legal actions against you.

I'm going to use 'trans-nigger-pavement-kin' as my made up gender that they are required to use. No 'they' as a cop out, 'they' is oppressive and triggering to us nigger-pavements.

>make law saying you get jail time for not being in lock step with their political agenda
>lol guis its only a scare tactic.
>were not really gonna lock people up
>its just a prank bro!

Ok. how about we make it a law that if you want to push gun control laws then you get jail time?

I promise ill not really throw any of those gun grabbing commies in jail or anything!

What a fucking waste of time and taxpayers money. Fuck I want these maniacs to succeed already.

>Basically it's the same thing if you went to an office and they called you a woman over and over like assholes, you could sue and report.

lol is this joke? so if a nurse didn't like my attitude and kept calling me "ma'am" just to get under my skin i could sue her? this is the dumbest fucking shit i've ever heard of.

Yeah seriously. The way Trump wants an investigation on that college professor that said bad things about him. Poor snowflake president does full REEEEEE every time someone doesn't like him. I fear for our country.

Hey friend, an hero

Verbal harassment of anyone is also punishable by court of law, but could also be seen as against the 1st amendment...
So it would probably stand the same as harassment since that is clearly what they are describing if you read the bill.

Can you spread other deadly diseases with less consequence now too?

dude blumpf lmao
kys yourself faggot

You don't get in trouble for mistaking someone's gender.

The actual law has to do with knowing and continually harassing someone about their gender.

If you fall for fox news clickbait, you're gonna have a bad time.

well duh she's hurting your feeling. You know actually hurting you and that is a crime.

he's refering to the REPORTS being the scare tactics, not the law you autist.

There is nothing in the law itself about jail time. Fox news isn't a real news source, it's a propaganda station that pedals fear.

Today conservatives learned that repeated verbal abuse is actually against the law...
Nothing to see here idiots.

oh did you miss that story?

here ya go Sup Forumsrother

>When you read the actual law it has to do with harassment towards transgenders, using the wrong pronoun to aggressively harass someone.

this is a major problem. These people are professionals at warping definitions to suiting their needs. all they would need to do is warp the definition of "harass" and all the sudden people are going to jail for simple mistakes.

This law is also dangerous as fuck. imagine a trans man goes into the ER looking for treatment for a stomach problem and dies because "he" was a "she" the whole time and had an ectopic pregnancy.

Sup Forums pls stop lying

Big Law basically runs the democrat party. All this is just a consequence of lawyers needing people to need their services.

that would be the best case as the mental ill dies and is no longer a burden to society

Just list the sex as that has bearings on medical tendencies. Many conditions are highly dependent on sex. Gender isn't relevant for medical conditions outside of mental disorders.

gender is the same as sex. This is what I meant by:

>These people are professionals at warping definitions to suiting their needs

No medical professional should have to complicate their day learning a whole new set of things to call people due to said peoples mental problems

>gender is the same as sex
No, and all the whining in the world from Sup Forums's homeschool auxiliary isn't going to turn a biological construct into a sociological construct, however often they may coincide, and however much one may determine the other

It can't stand up in court because it isn't even real. The real law pertains to employers and landlords and protects trans individuals from discrimination in these markets. It simply adds trans people to the same umbrella of protections that women, minorities, and homosexuals (non exhaustive list) that are already in.
You will not go to jail of you mislabel a trans individual. If you are a landlord or employer, you will face a fine if it is determined that you are intentionally harassing an individual for thier sexuality or gender identity. You may (emphasis on "may") face jail time if you fail to comply with the previous example or are a repeat offender.

The OP is probably baiting, but I have to post because I know there are people out there who think that is true.

I agree. I've generally always felt its useless to ask for title (Mr. Mrs. Miss, Doctor, etc), gender, race, and other irrelevant social constructs.

Ethnicity does have medical significance due to heredity, but not necessary for other information collection reasons.

That's for healthcare workers who dont call them by their preferred gender...

Lush One laughs at you

There is zero difference between the two. Despite what your sociology professor lectured to you, gender is synonymous with sex in the same way fucking your mom is synonymous with a good time.

And Texas is under water. Your point fag?

Common sense gun control laws are just that, common sense. Ain't nobody gunna take yer guns Cletus

I mean he wasn't wrong

>Common sense gun control laws are just that, common sense.
Was it hard not laughing while you wrote this?

Dff

isn't that because the teacher said "people are going to die" and then a shooting happens in las vegas? I mean it was probably just liberal sarcasm but with how terrible the situation is it's only right to investigate him

>There is zero difference between the two
What if my biology teacher told me this? Gender is a larp, just like your life.

Gr8 B8 m8

100% true and you can't refute it. It shows by your response

Wait just a minute, longknives. Ever heard the phrase give an inch, take a mile? Once the government is on the disarmament warpath, it won't be long until the citizens won't be able to stop them.

>100% true
Then it would be easy for you to tell me one gun control law that has actually worked. I'll wait

Then your biology teacher is a neomarxist and a moron. Gender is not some subjective bullshit you can just make up. If it were, there would be literally nothing stopping the attack helicopter meme from coming to life.

It is still a crime and needs a due process...
No lawyer is gonna win any argument over "he said she said." They would have to admit to willingly harassing the individual, which is now properly defined as not using their preferred name/pronoun.
Also lol at your pregnancy comment... how does that have anything to do with harassment? Now you are implying modern medicine is incompetent

There are only two genders.

I'm sorry for your feelings.

not the guy you're replying to but gender and sex are different

sex is which sex chromosomes you have, gender is a societal role

in our society we build gender around sex, but they're not interchangeable

Ever notice how the politicians (read: lawyers) are always so willing to try to put doctors and nurses in more and more terrible situations?

They'll gleefully make it incredibly easy to sue a doc, or slap some regulations making them appear to be the cause of an opiate epidemic, and constantly erode away at doctor patient confidentiality.

Fucking C students got power over the A students and are using it. Pisses me off. One actually helps you, the other tries to keep one from helping you and takes your taxes.

>fuck those tranny faggots

I try but they get all pissy when I touch their bathing suut area.

There will always be guns around unfortunately, it's part of the constitution.
What those laws aim to do is keep them out of the hands of people who don't need/ aren't responsible enough to handle one properly and safely. No civilian is in need of a 200 round clip and a full auto AR or high power explosives, it's just silly to think otherwise. Want a pistol/shotgun/rifle? Cool, don't be crazy and do be responsible. It's that simple. Yeah there are always gonna be a black market to get around things but it makes it that much harder and that I can support

go back to Sup Forums Cletus
stop spreading your fake ass news

Protection? Protection from what, being called by their correct, biological, chromosomal sex?

Harassment? Harassment in what form? Calling them by their correct, biological, chromosomal sex? That's harassment now?

Then why ever pursue gender reassignment surgery? Wouldn't you argue that is equating sex and gender?

who cares? I don't live there

All of them. The law itself works, but there's also workarounds to said laws.

Thank you. I won't be filing harassment charges.

Every sane person over there cares, I can tell you that. And with laws like these, they are guaranteeing an SJW neomarxist hellscape as soon as any and all rational people leave.

yeah, they want to be a different sex so they get some superficial changes

usually they also want to be the gender associated with that sex

California can't break off from the continent and sink into the ocean soon enough.

but in reference to OP's pic, it's fake.

No, you didn't answer. I asked for just one little gun control that works. Just one.

>this is a major problem. These people are professionals at warping definitions to suiting their needs. all they would need to do is warp the definition of "harass" and all the sudden people are going to jail for simple mistakes.

This. I can call someone named John "Jeremy" either because I honestly think their name is Jeremy, or because I want to be an asshole and actually do know their real name. How can it be proven one way or the other?

It can't, but the fucking libtards in California will say these poor healthcare workers are doing it on purpose, whether they are or not.

>Gender is not some subjective bullshit you can just make up
Sure it is. All societies do just that, and they reinvent and innovate them over time to suit the needs of the important people in society. That's all social roles really are. This is literally not new unless you're trolling.
There's an old saying in economics I can't find right now. It goes like: Anyone can print money. The hard part is getting it accepted.
Likewise gender.

>Then why ever pursue gender reassignment surgery?
For a more accurate larp, of course.

Wouldn't this be a violation of our right to "Free Speech"?

>implying that SJWs are marxist, not bourgeois
Sup Forums pls go

Do you even know what the first ammendment means user? There’s a big problem where people take a very broad assumption of the spirit of the law and assume it to be the legal truth.

Sorry to say if I see a faggot dressed like a woman i'm gonna call HIM a FAGGOT and not a woman.. fuck the gov and their trans movement bullshit.

Of course it is. Liberals only believe their speech is free, and everyone else who they don't agree with don't have that right.

There are more intersex people than trannies out there and this would help them too.

inb4 edgy "intersex are god's mistakes and should just die"

this, fuck those sjws

Jesus christ... As a transgender individual myself, I think that's fucking bullshit. Fucking LGBT faggots all need to chill the fuck out

Internalized transphobia much?

>As a transgender individual myself,

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

This. Thank God I don't live in CA

Kill yourself

I aint internalizing shit. I just hate these assholes who run around making their bullshit everyone else's problem. Noone gives a shit, but they aren't content until everyone hates them because they have to shove it down your throat that they're different. Same shit with pride parades. Scream for equal treatment, then do everything possible to alienate yourself and demand special treatment, yeah real formula for success.

You should look into the gay shame movement. It's really fucked how our freedom to be and fuck who we want is being co-opted.

>Scream for equal treatment, then do everything possible to alienate yourself and demand special treatment, yeah real formula for success
It works for (((some people))).

Protection from discrimination. I said exactly that in my post, but since you are ignoring it I'll just go with it.

First of all, definitions. You are conflating two distinct and independent concepts, that of the biological function of males and females and the social identity of an individual. You cannot use biology to explain social phenomena, much in the same way I cannot use Lewis Acid-Base theory to explain quantum mechanics. They are different concepts that are set to answer different questions.
Moving on, protection includes things like housing discrimination (where a landlord denies an individual from housing based solely on their individual identity) discrimination from government workers (ie police cannot target you based on your gender). the list goes on and on and I'm not going to do it here.

Harassment might be described as the deliberate targeting of attention at somebody based on their gender identity. That might be deliberately calling somebody by their "correct, biological, chromosomal sex" even if they express to you that that term does not describe them as an individual, but persisting in a manner that in meant to intimidate, threaten, or deliberately cause discomfort.

These are very surface, entry level concepts, dude. Be better.

I didn't read the other shit you wrote, but I agree with this. I have nothing against trans people. It does weird me out when I have to interact with them, however that's their business. I almost hired a trans real-estate agent, but then I decided to keep my property... so I don't think I am completely prejudice.

What's annoying is that they insist on things like gender neutral bathrooms or having people identify their sexuality??? I think it hurts their movement towards acceptance. Same sex marriage and hate crime protections are great, they deserve that, but most of their shit is just annoying and in your face.

>California
>following common law or common sense for that matter

Good one.

On the topic of bathrooms, we really need to make separate colored and normal bathrooms again. The move to let niggers into the same ones as our children isn't working out and letting men use the same bathrooms as our daughters isn't gonna go any better.

lol, I can't tell if you're serious. Are you a liberal troll or super racist?

Have you ever taken a shit (I am a dude btw), and had a group of women chatting at a mirror? It's a pretty uncomfortable situation. I feel like making 99% of people uncomfortable for 1% of the people to not have bathroom confusion is stupid.

They have unisex bathrooms where you live? I've never actually seen one.

>Protection from what
Just think about professionals calling a tard 'retard', 'sped', 'potato' instead of 'you' or 'he/she'. The tard doesn't want to be called these things, so we don't.

Now replace the tard with the trans-nigger-pavement-kin. Now the professionals call the mental patient 'he' or 'she' instead of 'xhe', 'they', 'attack helicopter'. The mental patient doesn't want to be called these things so we don't.

Basically just a different mental illness so let the crazies be called whatever they want.

Not the same user you replied to but I see them everywhere. They look like bathrooms, not really anything remarkable about them. You shit, wash your hand and leave.