I still don't understand what's wrong with accepting refugees...

I still don't understand what's wrong with accepting refugees. No one can persuade me that basic solidarity with people fleeing the war and oppression is wrong.

The right of asylum is one of the fundamental human rights for a reason. Maybe one day, you or your family will be forced to use it too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pefhwtt55zU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well said my brother. Let us eliminate all borders now.

You're 100% right, which is why I fully support taking as many refugees as we can, provided they do it through the system that is that set up to serve them and they don't try to just walk in.

A human and altruistic post on Sup Forums what is this sorcery?

The moment you take refugees you are in a moral dillema about whether its your right to choose these refugees in particular as deserving refuge in comparison to the millions of others who life in shit.
You cant take in millions or your society will change and this is a selfsacrifiece people normally wouldnt expect you to pull through.

How many?
Under which circumstances?
Of what culture/ethnicity?
For how long?
Are all questions that seem as they should be handled with care and individually concerning to the nation or country that wants to take people in.

>No one can persuade me that basic solidarity with people fleeing the war and oppression is wrong.
Many of them, even Syrians, aren't fleeing war or oppression. Many of them are coming from countries that have no war.

And no, fleeing poverty is not a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=pefhwtt55zU

Thread is about feels and signalling not about reason or logic friend

is that a fucking threat?

you wouldn't accept a pennyless russian bydlo trying to make it big selling drugs and counterfeits, so why you talk from your ass?

Feelings aren't a valid reason.

It's bait for fucks sake.

because most of them are not women, as your picture might suggest.
On the contrary, they are young men, who are often prone to violence

It's different here. I'm not criticising Germany.

We've had about twenty people applying for asylum last year, but our populistic politicians started such a demagogic hysteria before general election, it was incredible.

We've had a lot more refugees in the 90s when there were wars in Yugoslavia and Chechnya and we managed to handle it without xenophobic hysteria, even though we were a lot poorer back then. Our country didn't collapse.

Thanks for putting us in the same group as middle-east goatfuckers senpai.

>We've had about twenty people
and you have the fucking nerve to peddle your pro-immigration shit. fuck you you piece of shit

Why not make it about logic and reason then?
One thing that comes to my mind concerning refugees is, that if you take some you tie your people to theirs in a lasting way. The communitiy that lifes among you and is grateful will beget more migration from their homecountry as the message will spread that you are a good host.
This can be beneficial or it can end icky if the relation ends up being onesided or spoiled by some happening/failed expectation. If Algeria would implode france would be flooded. If Haiti goes under, Quebec which took some already will be in a position of expectation to end what they started and take in the rest.
You may stomach the failures of other societies, or you cant.

Then there are tiny ethnic groups that might get genocided. These seem to be the least complicated refugees, as they are small collectives and thus exhausted pretty quickly if in need and their close bond to each other makes a collective feel of gratitude more lasting as the refuge will matter a lot in their history.
The Zoroastrians of India are such a sucess story to the point that the government grew so fond of them that the Indians put signs in their neighboorhoods telling them to breed more as people are worried about their birthrates.
Canada might end up as the saviour of the Mandeans for example. In germany there life many Jazidis now.

I would "accept" her into my "house", if you know what I mean

>a qt represents the majority of refugees

That's my point. People's reaction here was more panicked than in Sweden where you've had real problems. Absolutely disgusting.

You are a small country.
Migration begets migration, if you have an anchor community whose source-population is greater then your own you gonna get in trouble later on is what I meant as it is hard to denie entry to people you admitted in before.

*this is why your government threw a fit.
Homogenity can be a valuable asset of a society in some way.

>in the same group
we are all humans

I'll accept refugees but they can only go live in Puerto Rico

I don't want them messing with
>American culture

merkel's fault for saying something similar to "no limit to the amount we can accept" this just gave opportunists a massive hard-on to get into your country for nothing.

syrians are good people though, whenever a "refugee" commits some heinous crime it seems the public sees them as Syrian when it's usually maghrebi or afghan "refugees"

No, our government threw a fit because our PM is a self-serving piece of shit. His "social democracy" has no substance.

It massively blew up in his face though, so we can hope he won't try it again.

I dislike the whole notion of accepting refugees on anything other than a strictly temporary basis to begin with because it sets a dangerous moral precedent. It's also wide open to gaming the system.

this image perfectly represents the difference in looks between Arabian beauties and Britsh orcs

What exactly would your criteria for accepting reffos would be?
Women and children only?
At what age do you put the threshold for "children"? Only pre-teenage children? Because even teenagers in the middle-east are already brainwashed into goatfuckery most of the time.
I assume family reunions is also a no-no.

There is no problem with refugees.
But there is a problem with shitskins.

To add:
I do think countries should take in refugees if there is some ISIS shit going on BUT:
>do it like the bordering countries and put them in camps with a fence around
>the only stuff they will ever get is a shelter, food, medicine
>do not give them money
>do not give them any hope they can stay here longer than the war at home is going
>do not even try to keep engineers, doctors what ever, they are needed in there countries later

Shelter, food, medicine. A real refugee does not need more than that. He does not need a flat in the city center, fanzy cloth, integration courses or an IPhone.
This way you would even save thousands of lifes because these "refugees" would not even try to come here.

Our country is spiritually dead as an entity and we dont like the thinking about what we are and why this is so/why it should be preserved.
Giving this land up to become a blankslate for an economy and happy living was inevitable under these circumstances and I wouldnt pin it on Merkel alone as she is the chancellor we enabled and deserve, she is quintessentially german in her attitude desu.
>Syrians are good people
Most levantine shias, christians and the coastal sunnis may be good people, the rest are the kind of people that made groups like ALnusra/Isis/etc feel at home there in the first place. fuck em.

>self serving
In what way?
If he wanted to serve himself by avoiding headaches of having opened the door to a foreign people more numerous then you, doomed to perpetual war over the next decades and who suffer in the same way as many other peoples on earth do you dont let in (south Malians etc) then I wouldnt call him selfserving.
Also I can tell you coming from an oldworldcountry that now shifts to a multiethnic society that the discussions about national identity, the sense of belonging etc are a huge problem to swallow and may hinder the growth of your country as people will spend energy on the questions of how open the definition of being slovak/being part of slowak society shall
become. Also the religious differences...

Most people are against taking migrants that just come for a vacation in your welfare system, not actual Syrian refugees. In 2015 only a couple hundred Syrians came to Finland. The thousands of others were mostly young men from safe areas of Iraq or Afghanistan or Africa. And these thousands of dickheads still haven't left even though they've been denies shelter.
Also personally I think Syrians too should stay in the first safe country they can find and avoid coming all the way here to bother us.

Opinion polls showed him it would be popular stance, so he went nurtered and provoked it even more. As I said, we've already had refugees and it seems like no one noticed until there were pictures in the media of people moving through Hungary.

It blew up in his face because his main message shifted from left-wing focus on economy to "protecting the country". It worked for a while, but then his support tanked and fascist party entered the parliament for the first time in our modern history. That's the result of his baseless fearmongering.

ok, i legit came up to this thread and freaked out due to this gif. jesus christ imagine having that much 'refugees' flooding your street like this.

Muslims are all terrorists, they do not care about your culture, your way of living, they don't care about your choice of religion, or not having one. They only care about spreading their cancer and killing anyone who resists. They do not care about humanity, they are beasts that does not understand civilized society. Their only job is to breed, rape and murder. If you accept these animals, you are against humanity and development and you should be put down with them. Take only children and women as refugees, take their valuables away and offer place to sleep and food for work around where they are staying and force them out when it's safe to go back. We do not need them, they do not offer anything to us, they do not deserve our help.

>let an entire generation of children grow up without education
>wonder where terrorists get their recruits from
Great plan, Einstein. Out of sight, out of mind.

but how can they mess with something that doesn't exist???

>Maybe one day, you or your family will be forced to use it too.
Yeah, quite likely if we keep letting middle easterners and africans in.

I have never committed any crime or an act of terrorism

such a pretty town, seems so weird seeing this

Individuals are not at fault for the actions of their collective. They cannot be completely severed from it though. Fact is that whereever populations of muslims have established themselves there is tension towards the infidels.

The difference between you and radical terrorist is that you are just happy when it happens, you support them and you don't care what happens to the victims. You are just as bad as them for accepting this shit. If you are against it, then leave. Go back to your shithole where you or your family came from and never come back.

surely by the same logic, every finn who bitches about it on the net and does nothing in reality is equally as bad?

Hate and fear are feelings too. They're primal, stemming from our lizard brain. It's hard to fight them.

How do you know that he is happy about acts of terrorism?

Yes, yes they are. Like I said
> If you accept these animals, you are against humanity and development and you should be put down with them.

>the women forged a close, sisterly bond
Hmmm

nice polished imagery and insinuations too

so you admit you're just as bad as a radical muslim?

>Bully and aggressively shove complete aliens into the care of isolated sleepy hamlets full of old vulnerable people, claim we're all morally responsible as one to bend over backwards for them
>B-but y-you can't judge them as one, they're individuals
>Also do fuck all to help their precious "refugees" and let others/the state take care of it
Leftists are spiritual filth

Enough of the islamophobia

You're on the wrong board

What do you think their education at home would look like?
Most of our "Fachkräfte" can't even read.

But I am willing to also give them a few books pens and paper. In an homogenous group of refugees there should be enough teachers.

Are you really this dim? Put yourself in their position. Your country is torn by war. You, your wife and your children have no future in this tent city. Would you stay?