How comes it is acceptable in America to show the confederate flag?

How comes it is acceptable in America to show the confederate flag?
Do people who show this flag support slavery?

No, it's become an anti government symbol representing rural America and/or southern pride

how do black people react to this flag?

How do black.people react to anything?

Which blacks? There are blacks who display it as a southern pride thing, there are ones who just mumble to their friends about "racist rednecks," ones who don't give a shit and ones who will get vocal about it

sounds to me like a jew displaying a nazi flag to be honest

People massively overplay slavery and the race angle in the north/south divide it's a cultural thing first and foremost.

shut up white boi

Not really, as there was no holocaust event, and for many people the war itself was more about not wanting the urban north dictating laws for the rural south

yes, but the southernes saw blacks as subhumans, just like nazis viewed jews.
So displaying the confederate flag as a black person seems a bit weird to me to say the least

If it's flying on your property, I don't care. If you had family that served in the south, that's alright too.

Mind you, that is the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, not the Stars and Bars of the confederacy. People don't know that, nor do they care to make the distinction between the two.

literally everybody in the South knows that, and yet some know-it-all always brings it up like it's new information that everybody but him doesn't know without fail every single time it's discussed.

It's also a way of "reclaiming," as when blacks display the flag, it shifts the image of it away from being about racism.

Has there been a case of someone being fired because of owning or displaying a flag related to the south?

I know everyone in the south knows it, but Claus up there sure as hell doesn't, nor would any European because our internal civil war didn't affect them until they had to go through four years of trench warfare 50 years later.

What regiments did your family fight in, boys? 31st Ohio and 115th Illinois for me. I don't know what Arkansas regiment the other part of the family was in, though.

It's been controversial recently, someone near me was a police officer who had the flag on the back wall of his garage, some nosy neighbor decided to spy into his garage and called the news organizations trying to get the officer fired for being a "racist"

Do police officers have to swear an oath on the American consitution as public servants? Then doesn't displaying the flag of a former rebel faction clearly violate this oath and make a case for the termination of his employment?

Are you literally dumb?

I see this flag now and again in the UK. People here like it, whether aesthetically or whatever.

Ok, so I just read up a bit on oaths in the United States and it even says that oaths for public servants and government officials were introduced during the very civil war to catch traitors and that breaking an oath of office(which uniformed Americans have to swear) constitutes a fedal crime. Why wasn't this person prosecuted under federal charges?

Because the flag does not represent a traitorous group and we have free speech

It's a historical item

Well, you didn't specify in your initial post that the flag in question was a historical one.

>Amecans will reply to bait THIS WEAK

>The flag does not represent a traitorous group
it literally does