Any Air Force Sup Forumsros here...

Any Air Force Sup Forumsros here? Been considering a 4 year Security Forces contract after I finish my associates next year. Looking to get in to civilian law enforcement as a career. Pros and cons? Quality of life? Inb4 "blue falcons" etc.

Bumping

>civilian law enforcement
So you're a power hungry manlet.
Nice

>implying every cop on earth is on a power trip

pilot or nothing.

I got out after 2004 so it might be a bit dated... but id reconsider mos. no one likes military police... and until you put in your time you're going to get shit detail like gate / fence duty.

Why not look into tac-p, rigger, gunner, combat weather, cct, pj, or sere? Lots of interesting jobs in the af.

Dude, I was thinking about being an army MP and doing similar. Not sure if it's a viable option, though. Mostly I think it would be good for me, even if it doesn't do much for a civilian career.

I've never met a MP or a cop over 6 feet tall

Also...might as well get your bachelors degree if you are finishing up your two year. Officer billet >>>>> jr enlisted. Seriously.

I thought about other AFSC's, but honestly not too much really grabbing my interest. Probably haven't looked enough yet. Really not trying to end up as infantry-esqe. Although I know MP's are basically infantry with badges when shit hits the fan. What did you do while you were in? Thanks for the input, man I aplreciate it.

Good luck, dude. Hope things work out for you. I'd say look into the Air Force. It's easy to get into SF from what I hear and the quality of life seems generelly a little bit better. Do your own research too, obviously I haven't been in yet so my opinion aint worth much.

Shit I wish. My ass can hardly afford my 2 year, and loans are kind of out of the question for me. Part of the reason I'm looking into the AF is also education benefits.

Ex-AF here.

1) Don't get married.
2) Don't get a bitch pregnant.
3) Don't be a pussy.

It's really simple to be in the air force if you don't have a spouse to fuck everything up.

Join the AF, shit is easy and the gi bill is cash

>Although I know MP's are basically infantry with badges when shit hits the fan.

Most MP's I knew were base cops.
The others guarded planes on the flight line.

air force what a fag why didn't you join the Marine Corps

rah

Get your degree while in.

I wanted to join the airforce after watching Top Gun but the gay culture/lifestyle put me off (I've got bad eyesight too)

Cause this shit sucks you fucking boot.

The air force requires a higher education level.

One of my commanders was ex-marine.
He transferred to the Air Force.

Top Gun is Navy

rah
got out as a E5 not a boot

Well thaf's good to know. I guess I'm thinking more along Army/Marines. I've had friends that were MP's in both and spent minimal time doing actual law enforcement/pollce operations.

I'd like to at least partially enjoy my time in the military and not live in a shitass barracks with hand-me-down equipment from the Army.

Then again, dress blues.

air force are pampered whiny little bitches.

hey i got plenty of pussy in those shit barracks and as far as hand me downs that shit sucked

Good for you man, glad you got some puss. That beig said...
>shit barracks

Boot will always be a weak ass attack. SgtMaj's and PFCs use it more than anyone else. And fuckwad cpls who got promoted too early.

Fuck that, do not do SECFO or MX... Defeats the purpose of being in the Air Force.... Everyone gets paid the same. Doesn't matter if you work 12 hours in the heat or 6

hours in A/C...
1C5 is my field. Pretty good...I got a masters degree with all the down time I had... I'd do Intel, finance, medical, Client Systems, or something not stupid..... Google critically manned career fields, they are what you should stay away from.

Thanks for the input my man. Appreciate it.

No Problem... and FYI if you want to be a cop a 4 year contract is not the way to go.... 95% of SECFO are gate guards until they make SSgt (About 4-6 years) Find a chill career field that will allow you to do classes, finish a criminal justice degree, then get out.

PS. they will 100% try to talk you into a 6 year contract.... like last minute when you are at MEPs, tired, exhausted, and ready to make a bad decision. Watch out.

Got out of Security Forces in December. If you want to chill on post for 12 hrs a night for 4 years and never get deployed, go Air Force.

Never got to do any patrol work and such?