I have something I've been meaning to get off my chest /b. Please hear me out

I have something I've been meaning to get off my chest /b. Please hear me out.

I DO understand this has been said before. But I want to make the matter clear.

>In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

>In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

>Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

>China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

>Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

>Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

>Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/wuvc01.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most civilized countries have gun control, and guess what? We don't have mass shootings on a weekly basis.

No, you have fucking acid attacks. I would rather take a bullet than my face melted off.

Sometimes you just have to give up a few rights to make sure you don't get shot by a lunatic who easily bought a machinegun from a gun fair

Gun control harms the honest citizen

I really cannot fathom how you americans are so quick to refuse certain rights (right to privacy, right to health) but not others.

At least my kid will never get shot by one of his classmates

Oh, and anywhere else has privacy? With what their IP streetcams?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Amen

You mean the honest citizens that got shot by the lunatic with a machinegun or the honest citizens who never grew up because they got shot in a school shooting? Because I'm sure those honest citizens would love gun control

4th Amendment.

Oh, you think gun control will take the firearm away from the criminal?

>essential
Owning weaponry designed to kill people is not really essential, is it?

Most automatic weapons are already illegal. Are you fucking stupid

wow, you fucking destroyed the guy.

It will make it guns lot harder to obtain, especially for people with poor mental health.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Dissected:

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
Because the government must, by necessity have guns,...

>the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (emphasis mine)
the PEOPLE must also be allowed to have guns, otherwise the gun ownership is one-sided and all power rests in the hands of government.

Pennsylvania, 1759. He was talking about guns. Nice try though.

>Acid attack (1-3 people)
>Mass shooting (10-50 people)

>whew... glad im not the only one being shot

Gun laws don’t stop criminals, but gun rights can. If we give people the means to defend themselves rather than stripping away their security (and their rights) we can make things safer

We don't have the level of mass government surveillance you do.

So it's not the particular issue (guns) that you get up in arms about, but the fact that the goverment is trying to touch your constitution?
Has it never happened before in your history (on different parts of it)?

This

>mass shooting maybe once a month
>acid attacks every day

You live in a democratic country. You're vote has power. Citizens should not own weapons for "power against the government". Your voice should be power enough

See this is gun fags greatest reason, that the government may overthrow the people if only they have the guns. But would they? All of the countries OP mentioned had very different political values than USA. Idk I get that argument. Have a pistol. But i just cant see an america where the government would purge its citizens.

Our government is also surveying you in the same manner retard

OR MAYBE WE DON'T GIVE LUNATICS EASY ACCESS TO WEAPONS

How is that relevant?

>every day
Are you literally retarded?

Yes we are all melted over here
Literally every time of the day we get acid in our faces

You did a great job researching that information

Bullshit. If anything it will make the black market for guns soar, which I assure you, are a little bit more lenient on background checks.

Have you ever heard of the American prohibition or the "war on drugs"? Both tried to control what was thought to be a danger to the public and both saw the black market for what was attempting be be controlled skyrocket, which in turn expanded the criminal empire because of the power of being in control of that market.

The United States isn't the size of a standard European country. It's fucking massive and full of 320 million diverse people. If you think it will be easy to suddenly regulate guns, which there are more than people, in this country you'd be wrong.

The man had a clean record. Good occupations. Easy going dude. Not every murderer was insane from the jump. This dude snapped.

I highly doubt he is literally retarded.
This comment makes you a literal moron.

Sometimes the government will shut it's ears to the people, such as it has happened before. We need to give them a reason not to.

Of the 2,596,993 deaths in the United States in 2013, 1.3% were RELATED TO (not necessarily directly caused by) firearms. So we'll start by putting this number into perspective: 1% of people who die (and not many people die as our population is currently rising) die in some way related to firearms.

In 2015 of the 13,286 people who died in homicidal attacks involving guns (excluding suicides or accidental death):

>46 died during a mass shooting
>13,240 died in a one-on-one crime, often gang related

Let's not forget that along with media sensationalism, mass shootings are great for political opponents of gun ownership. Just as Reichstag fire instigated German citizens to give up power to the government in 1933, mass shootings convince citizens to hand over their safety and rights to the government today in America

It's little wonder that since 2008 the number of mass shootings has risen from 5-10 fatalities per year to 40-60. When the Democratic party (strong opponents of gun ownership) had control over the house, senate, presidency, and the media -- suddenly gun crimes skyrocket? Seems a bit fishy to me...

That law was put in place because the power of a vote is ephemeral and virtual. There's nothing to stop the senate from simply ignoring my voice, and my right to vote won't protect me if an armed troop breaks down my door. That said, the law doesn't exist to ward against random and brutal attacks of the army on citizens. That's a strawman argument. The law exists to protect against systematic execution of political opponents and imposition of law at gunpoint. It further exists to grant us the power to protect ourselves when the government is too far away to be of assistance. Imagine if someone had a conceal and carry weapon during the September 11th hijacking. One bullet could have saved thousands of lives.

No one said purge. Strawman argument.

This guy knows EXACTLY what the fuck he is talking about.

Thank you for your wisdom

>being this bluepilled

Neither does America. Have you ever even been here?

So? He used a deadly weapons which he easily obtained without even having to go to the black market and used them to kill people. Things like this shouldn't happen

>actually using the term 'bluepilled' (or 'redpilled')

christ on a cracker.

It's strange that in a country where guns are easily obtained there is so much gun related violence. Maybe if guns were harder to obtain...
>YOUR TAKIN AWAY MUH RIGHTS

I don't understand how you can be so complacent forwards a group of people who can put forth legislature in an I stand that can make your life a living hell. These people who form groups that already have poor track records of doings things like going against the peoples' interest for monetary gain could, in secret, just suddenly decide that they know what best for the people and what's best is a total dictatorship.

This draws upon another argument I've been wanting to bring up:
>dumb americunts lost to farmers with guns
>how do you think your americunt guns are going to stand up to miltary tanks and helicopters
Apparently is has happened before and if you think not a single troop is going to be not okay with mowing down his own people, you'd be mistaken.

That is exactly what it is doing, taking away my second amendment right you idiot.

>seeing politics as a two party system
My political views do not align with either of the two parties your shithole of a country has

Not even the point i was going to make

inb4 someone replies to you with "Oh, so I guess ur just smarter than everybody!"

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - Noah Webster, October 10, 1787

Look, yes that states have high guns violence, but the guns are already here. Making them illegal doesn't make them go away nor does it make them hard to get because they are already here.

Murder has also always been around. Humans will get as primitive as they want to kill people. Did you know sword bans existed as well? They also didn't work. If we got rid of all weapons in the world we'd still be beating each other with sticks and rocks over opinions we don't like.

Maybe we shouldn't look at the deaths, looking at homicide numbers is more interesting.

There's actually a lot of ADVERTISED and REPORTED gun-related violence, and you're cherry-picking, anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

The United States ranks 46th for firearm-related deaths per gun per year -- with far worse crime in Hondruas, El Salvador, Swaziland, Venezuela, Colombia, Jamaica, Brazil, Guatemala, Philippines, Kyrgyzstan, Costa Rica, Panama,...

In fact, Japan which has the fewest guns per capita IN THE WORLD has more gun-related violence than the United States.

The same is true of Singapore, Romania, South Korea, Poland, Ireland, Netherlands, and India -- all "first world countries" with VERY strict gun control, but more deaths per gun per year than America.

Amen. That's called freedom people. That's called living my life not being ruled by the sword. Fuck your queen

Instead of looking at homicides by weapon type, try looking at ATTEMPTED homicides by weapon type.

It's not for lack of trying that guns kill more people. It's just a more efficient tool than a bat.

bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/wuvc01.pdf

Firearms have consistently represented 1/3rd of all weapon-related violence, and weapon-related violence has only represented 1/3rd of total violence.

Yeah but those statistics are per 100 000 people, and America has a larger population than most of those countries

>a total of 13 million Jews
LOL! You actually believe that kike bullshit!

No shit, because all the guys that had the balls to stand up for something got murdered and left you weak bitches behind.

>guns are the most efficient tool for killing people
Yeah, so maybe they shouldn't be so easy to get

Name a country more educated and advanced country on the top of this list than America

But what about Australia tho

>112 guns per 100 inhabitants
All of those countries

A large portion of all gun related deaths in the U.S. are from suicide.

The next highest is gang violence.

The chance that you will be killed in the U.S. from a gun is incredibly small.

UK m8.
about 450 acid attacks in London last year.
Fuck me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean there's MORE than one acid attack a day?

pic unrelated

>In 1932, Australia established gun control against it's emu population. From 1932 to 1932, like 5000 emus, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
>Aussies still lost

Bait? I'm gonna say bait.

That's the point. You have to look at statistics per capita (divided by the number of people) or else you get a skewed view of what's actually going on.

As an extreme example, consider two countries: one with 100 citizens and another with 100 million citizens.

In the former country, 100 people commit suicide.
In the latter country, 1 million people commit suicide.

Looking at per capita statistics, we can see that something caused THE ENTIRE POPULATION to kill itself. Looking only at raw numbers we might assume this tiny country is the happiest place on earth.

Making something illegal on the basis of what MIGHT happen is silly. We don't make cars illegal even though they're WAY more efficient at killing than guns. We don't make sugar illegal even though obesity is the number 1 cause of health issues in America. Why would we make guns illegal on the basis that one guy MIGHT break the law and kill someone? It's already illegal to kill, we don't need to make it illegal to "do something that MIGHT MAYBE make someone kill"

That's the same logic used for the war on drugs. "Drugs MIGHT cause people to break the law, so make drugs illegal"

Stabbing 7 people in a week doesn't mean stabbings happen daily when you stab them all on one day

>why don't we make cars illegal
CARS AREN'T DESIGNED TO KILL PEOPLE

Copied and pasted to Facebook, should ruffle a few libtard feathers (:

>actually using cuckbook

>killing is illegal
>why can't I own weapons that are designed solely for the purpose of killing people?

>Your voice should be power enough
Sure. Voices were enough when Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus.

Voices were enough when thousands of Japanese-American *** citizens*** were rounded up and put in camps.

>Has it never happened before in your history (on different parts of it)?
Violations of the Constitution are almost as old as the Constitution itself. See the Alien and Sedition Acts under President Adams.

>Should

What I like is that the leftist communists scream about not being able to trust citizens to protect themselves because "Muh mass shooting" yet they want only the government (you know ... the MOST CORRUPT THING AROUND) to only have them. Why? Because all democrats are communists that at the base want anyone who doesn't tow the party line to disappear (be murdered). They're just made that we know it and have already stockpiled. Fuck you leftists! Molon labe!

Australia had one mass shooting and then gun control was implemented and they haven't had one since. Also it's not a dictatorship or a police state or whatever you cousin fuckers are worried about.

Laughing at all the eurofags
> We have gun control and it works!
Yeah, you guys just get bombings instead. Maybe you should introduce bomb control. Oh wait, that's right...

I'll just sit back and relish the sounds of freedom as I'm filled with american made bullets

I agree but you can really rustle jimmies on facebook, there's libcucks galore to bait,,, it's almost like a sporting event lol

Mfw this guy thinks guns can stop bombs

>Iam too dumb to come up with an argument by my own, so i will quote someone. This someone is very famous, and you surely don't want to disagree with that famous guy, right?

>usa doesn't have gun control, get shot anyway

But wait, didn't you republicans pass the patriot act?

>Not understanding the historic context of this line
>well regulated milita =/= eveyone can have guns
>"I will defend my home with my here shotgun when the army comes with airstrikes, tanks and drones"

There's a strong misconception that taking away guns can lead to this. The way the Nazi's systematically rounded up jews, it they had guns it would've done nothing to help. Entire SS squads were sent to pick up some of the more high profile ones in hiding.

Secondly, the holocaust happened after 1942, when deporting them was no longer deemed a viable solution. Plus, out of your 13 million number, this only applies to about 6-7 million of them, as the rest fall under war crimes (PoW's, enemy civilians, responses to partisans) where gun control made absolutely no difference.

Furthermore, the amount of German jews exterminated, where the specific gun laws actually took place, is just over half a million. You're relating unrelated statistics to mass murder. I'm guessing you're doing this for the rest of the countries as well, as the soviet union had laws against disarming the worker and some other fallacies in your argument.

There were about 11,000 gun homicides in 2016.

There were about 12,000 deaths caused by speeding in motor vehicles in 2016. Yet they continue to make cars that easily exceed the speed limit.

And there are 400,000 tobacco related deaths in the US every year, yet tobacco is still legal.

Where are the priorities???

>B-but muh rights

> why is tobacco legal?!
No one cares if you kill yourself

CARS AND TOBACCO AREN'T DESIGNED FOR MURDER

>b-but muh guns! Muh rights!

>It works in most civilized countrys
>it won't work here in the USA because is bigger

Unless you somehow have an addiction to gunpowder, how does your comment make any sense? Are you too dumb to see the difference between owning a gun and a heroin addiction?

>europe
>civilized

Pick one.

The only thing keeping you chimps from slaughtering each other like you have for the past thousand years is that we occupy all of your countries.

>airstrikes, tanks and drones"
And how well did these tools work for U.S. troops in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan?

That includes second-hand smoke.

I know right?

Guns are for self defense.