Can you even

can you even

what is it equal to?

thats the question,dumbass.

>Do my homework for me

> Gives us a variable
> no equal sign

So the answer is anything from negative infinity to infinity

faggot, how old are you 14? We did this, when I was in the 9 grade. Go and k y s

probably it is equal to 0
easy

you have to simplify it into the standard quadratic setup of ax^2 + bx + c

4/3x + 6/x^2-x = 1/3
4+6/3x(x^2-x) = 1/3
10/3x^3-3x^2 = 1/3
10 x 3 = 3x^3-3x^2
30 = 3x^3-3x^2

easy

Fuck simplifying, just plug it into your graphing calculator

>division by 0
>nothing personal, kid

-(x+2)*(x-7)/(3*x*(x-1))
Here, I factorized it for you. Whatever you need to do to the thing, you can do from this.

X1=-2 X2=7

Damn it posted before I could finish

30 = x : 3x^3 - 3x^2 = x

So x is 30

It is X1= -2 X2= 7

WTF, don't pretend to be me with your shit maths user

= -3x^3 + 15x^2 + 36x

The lowest denominator that matches with all 3 is 3x(x-1)

So multiply by that and you get the following

4(x-1)+18-x(x-1)=0

You can solve it now

Seems like I may have lost you.

Simplify 4(x-1)+18-x(x-1) = 0

And you get -x^2 + 5x + 14 = 0

Either simplify it further or use the quadratic formula to work it out.

x = -b +/- Sqrt (b^2-4ac) / 2a

a=-1 b=5 and c=14

there is no = sign , what are you all doing?

Look who wasn't good at maths, there is a 0 because all equations with just a left hand side has to be equal to 0.

x^2 - 4

is the same as

x^2 - 4 = 0
x^2 = 4
x = 2

Learn to fucking math you meth head waste of space.

>all equations with just a left hand side has to be equal to 0.

That is a very strange convention that limits what you can express. Do americans actually teach and learn this?

It isn't an American thing, it is a math thing.

Both sides of an equation must be the same.

And if you do not know the other side then it has to be 0.

It is basic algebra, that most mid high-schoolers should be taught in all schools globally.

So technically, anyone who asks where the equation sign is at, is either

But user, not all expressions are equations. I'm a math major and your "assume =0" convention seems strange. What has been gained, especially from an educational perspective, by using such a thing? I've literally never seen "solve" questions with a secret, undeclared "=0"

nobody 'can even' because theres not enough information to solve the equation you fucking idiot
change the middle fraction to 18/3x^2-3x to get a common demoninator to solve for x

If so, then: x=-2 ^ x=7

>if you dont know the other side of the equation is has to be 0

no if you dont know the other side then its not an equation at all its a theoretical set of numbers given to confuse people

Then you math major must be from the back of a cornflakes packet.

If an equation is given and you are asked to solve for the variable, then if only a left hand side exists, then the right hand side is 0.

Again basic maths, if you don't know this then I call BS on your "major".

Are people being taught from sheets without proper tuition these days?

Truth. What OP is referring to i just a variable expression, not an equation.

That's not what they teach in America. He is just too retarted to realize that OPs homework is just calling for him to simplify the expression, not solve an equation.

And that would be correct, and if you substituted x for any of those numbers in the equation it will be 0. And that would correct.

If that is the case, even when you are wrong, simplified it is

-x^2 + 5x + 14

Which is what?

You are wrong faggot

Keep assuming kiddo

No, I think I'll continue to clearly communicate rather than add autistic formatting rules in an attempt to frustrate highschool students. You seem verysmart though.

instead of asking Sup Forums to do your homework you couldve just went on mathway to find out the answer

are you sure about that

Can OP post a shot of the instructions before the specific problem? If it asks you to solve for X then I will be easily proven wrong.

What you are saying is that it would be a general expression such as - A father has to buy 2 adult tickets and 3 child tickets write as an expression. Which would be 2a + 3c which is simple expressions

But when the example given by the OP isn't simple, it isn't a general expression but an algebraic expression with an answer. And without the RHS present then the equation has to be equal to 0

3/x2-2x

>And without the RHS present then the equation has to be equal to 0

Which I find to be a bizarre convention and have never encountered before. It seems tasteless and mean spirited, so I won't be using it. Stop talking like that sort of convention is a brute mathematical fact. Unless you're OP and I've taken the bait?

this thread is bait

Phd student here, this is right

Then maths have changed for the worse, it is almost as bad as that shit complement method of adding numbers to find the answer to a subtraction. What the fuck is that shit?

Shit maths

Look at picture..

Big mistake... this shit troll pic is obviously done by someone either ignorant or clever to try and make it look like he/she is ignorant.

6(x+5) = -2(x+1)
6x+30 = -2x-2
6x+2x = -2 + (-30) (change the side change the sign basic algebra)
8x = -32
x = -4

So whoever did the example is a retard or wanted to troll

Forgot the pic

user, I...

If you are going to say that the pic is right but I am wrong, then maths has taken a turn for the worse from where you are from.

Sad days, but I know the pic is obviously a troll. Even the 2nd example was wrong too.

But hey, if (I assume you are American) the US has maths grads that think that way, no wonder they have to employ Asians and Europeans to do their complicated scientific jobs.

Sure

Different user here. If it wasn't for America, those places would barely exist. So what if we're a bit lazy in mathematics?

On the chance you really are autistic, and not just baiting: Could you explain what is wrong about that example. What error does it commit?

I think your working on that one was completely fine.

look at the pic dumbfucks
it's an answer
it's choice c
therefore the proper response, in jeopardy terms is:

"What is the default multiple choice answer when in doubt?"

x1= -2
x2= 7

here you go

I forgot to post the pic, but you can see it under my example, take a look.

When they change variables from one side to the other, in that example -2x, when they swapped to the LHS from RHS they kept it as -2x rather than 2x.

As said the simple rule of "change the side, change the sign" should be taught to all kids.

And in the pic it was totally wrong.

You do realize where maths came from right?

there's another part where I find x2=7 with -b+sqrt(delta)/2a

That's not what happened though. Your working IS correct, but the example is not wrong either.

The example working goes
>add 2 to both sides
>subtract 6x from both sides
>divide both sides by -8

You'll notice this preserves equality. Nothing weird has happened here.

>You do realize where maths came from right?
Ancient Greece? Doesn't really relate to what I said, though I would agree that America should get much more serious about math than it currently is.

The left side is correct on that pic, but I am talking about the other side under where I put FAIL.

Just saying the whole "if it wasn't for America" thing is total BS, the countries existed before, they will exist with or without American intervention.

Which is there as an example of incorrectness even in the source material. You MUST be baiting, right?

No now I know you are, if you cannot clearly see the right handed example was done incorrectly, without changing the signs when changing sides.

You noticed my example was correct, but yet you think there is nothing wrong with the pic's example.

Yep 1/8 for getting me to reply.

Then why do they copy our culture every chance they get? Do they have their own cultures? If America were to disappear, WWlll would probably ensue, because every country has investments over here.

its less that every country has investments in the USA, and more that russia would just try to take everyone else over if the USA and their massive stockpile of nukes was not available to deter them

>right handed example was done incorrectly

I can see that. That side is an example of incorrect work, so why are you focusing on that?

>Shit maths
>Look at picture..
>Big mistake... this shit troll pic is obviously

Look at the image again with these highlights. Each of the example has a correct left column and an incorrect right column. Deliberately so! Why would you focus on what is explained to be an example of wrongness? The working that matters is correct. You're incoherent.

Do they have investments, Trump has basically told fuck you to Germany and China their 2 main importers of technical goods because the US doesn't have the manpower to create them anymore.

Taiwan picked over those 2, who will make shoddy variants of the goods at a lesser cost, maximizing profits.

That is why he dropped out of the TPP, for profits for the congress/senate members who have ties to the corporations that they help fund and give mass rebates via the GDP tax.

Right under the American's noses.

Consider this, look at what you did to the Philippines, you initial gained it after the war with Spain, had an internal war with them as they wanted independence and tortured and killed over 300k civilians to find out where the rebel soldiers were, forced your culture on them... it destroyed them.

Now they are mostly poor as fuck, slums everywhere, corporations living in the more opulent areas while people starve.

Shit you couldn't help Puerto Rico correctly, Trump promised a good amount of aid (as it is an American sovereignty) and just dropped a small amount at a dock because they couldn't get it passed debris on the roads.

Mayor calls him out and Trump has a hissy fit about it all, blaming democrats, calling them lazy when most of the island was decimated.

Yeah America... it isn't as important as you think it is.

I think it's mainly what I said. The world doesn't fear Russia the way the media would have you believe.

Because the maths was totally wrong. He was trying to show off when to use and not use a system.

Then in the 2nd pic, he/she assumes that

6(x+5) = -2(x+1)

Is the same as

6(x+5) -2(x+1)

You can literally see it, so therefor it is either ignorantly done or a troll.

I expect the latter, and you are trolling too, if not then damn your math knowledge and comprehension is shit.

That is not at all what is happening. What is wrong with you?

>forced your culture on them... it destroyed them.
America never forced its culture on anybody. Why would it? It doesn't need to, because every other culture adopts or tries to adopt the American way of life.

>you couldn't help Puerto Rico correctly
Why would we? What value are they to us? They would only cause more crime and create more ghettos.

1/8 still enjoy your daily dose of "freedom" from your government overlords in your community college with your cornflakes maths education.

Nah

Why would you, because Puerto Rico as I said is an American sovereignty. It is one of yours.

LAWL

Stupid faggot

This is literally middle school math

>Puerto Rico as I said is an American sovereignty
It has no statehood over here, so nobody takes it serious as a sovereignty. Previously, it has wanted independence, and only now does it desire to become a state when facing hard times.

Still under American control, and Trump did nothing, watch as other Nations offer more help than Trump.

Shit lets not stop at Puerto Rico, even the US Virgin Islands got fuck all, Florida hasn't got much, neither has Texas only a small amount that was promised.

Trump has failed.

If Karma exists, then the hurricanes and the wild fire in Cali is exactly that for his bullshit.

If any other country had our influence, they wouldn't have been 5% as benevolent as us. We don't need to look far back in history to see examples of how most other countries handle superpower status, and it's not as benign as this place.