Where do i start with nick cave?

Where do i start with nick cave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gpfg737hMTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anywhere and just keep going through

Start with dig Lazurus dig

Then push away the sky

Then finish the trilogy with the skeleton tree!

Early ncatbs is good-ish, but it's a bit of its time. I think these three albums are their best and most approachable. I've not heard every single album they've done , some of them are a bit ropey.

Why do you need guide for a thing that it's so simple to listen?

Start with the Birthday Party. Listen to everything except Nocturama. All their albums are at least great and most are amazing

Don't do this, it'll give you a bad impression. Start with Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!

Really? Because personally I think DLD is one of the weaker Bad Seeds albums.

Personally I prefer:
The Boatman's Call
No More Shall We Part
Murder Ballads

Really? That's fascinating. How do you defend Abattoir Blues or Murder Ballads or The Boatman's Call from accusations of laziness, poor song crafting and difficult to swallow pretensions? Because I certainly can't no matter how many copies of Mojo magazine I read.

Let Love In

Why would anyone bother to defend against your stupid accusations. You are welcome to them.

Sounds like you have some sort of personal issues with this albums.

If you're a teenager or a druggy start with Your Funeral My Trial and revel in the spirit of early Cave.
If you're looking for actual quality songs start with No More Shall We Part i.e. the album where Cave finally matured and go on from there.

>start with one of the shittiest Bad Seeds albums
Don't do this.

>wasn't ethnically cleansed
I can't even finish it. The whole in a waistcoat I'm ned kelly God is angry with the gentiles routine is just so fucking bullshit.

In 1991 the whole alternative thing, Jim Rose Circus and everything, yeah he stood out with personality.

It did not last though and in retrospect he does look a bit of a berk.

But what is Cave's best [spoiler]book?[/spoiler]

And the ass saw the angel. (I haven't read The Sick Bag Song tho)

Maybe. but I think

Is a good, concise well produced album.

1. Get the greatest hits album
2. Figure out which era you like best
3. Download the top rated album on RYM from that era

Pls. define the ncatbs eras

With the Birthday Party, of course.

Start with From Her to Eternity and listen through. If you dkn't like it skip to The Good Son and listen from there, then go back to The Birthday Party until you get back to From Her to Eternity, and try the early Bad Seeds stuff again.

God killed his own son because he's a satanic witch
and literally the worst dad imaginable

With Tender Prey
If you like the rough parts go backwards, if you like only the piano ballads skip to Boatmans Call and go from there, if you like "Mercy" listen to Let Love In and stop there since its perfection, if you like "Deanna" kys or listen to The Fall. If you like the whole album you can go anywhere pre Nocturnarama in his discography
After Blixa left and Warren took over its pretty much a different band. Abbatoir Blues is good but you wont go back to it very often, DLD has some of the worst song he ever recorded but also some really good ones, Push The Sky Away is ok but just makes you wonder how much better it could've been if Blixa and Mick where still around (also some of Nicks worst lyrics), Skeleton Tree is a Warren album with Nick Cave as a guest vocalist.

Let Love In, Murder Ballads, Tender Prey, From Her to Eternity, Abbatoir Blues

Junkyard his best album though.

I like Prayers on Fire more, but agree Junkyard was closer to Nick album while Prayers was 60% Rowland 40% rest of the band.
Sucks that Rowland never managed to get a decent band together (and had 0% goth sex appeal like Nick), he was the superior songwriter and his two solo albums are GOAT

Tom Waits

I mean best album with his contribution.
Birthday party was full of talents, Rowland's stuff is awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gpfg737hMTU