Does anyone else cut? I started a few weeks back and I don't think anythings helped my depression more in a long time...

Does anyone else cut? I started a few weeks back and I don't think anythings helped my depression more in a long time. Seeing deep cuts makes me genuinely happy and I don't know why. Also seeing the bloody tissues and blood seep out helps calm me down
>inb4 edge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i went through two phases. one from 17-19, another in my early twenties. in my early 30s now and haven't cut for 10 years

Also ama if anyone wants questions answered

Congratulations, mate. Sincerely. I'm glad you got out of it.

I did it because from the sting when you first cut, to the throbbing pain afterwards, for those brief minutes my brain was focussed on the pain from the cuts rather than the emotional pain. I could almost forget about the turmoil in my head.

The stinging and burning afterwards helps me a lot. I usually do it before sleep when I'm usually most depressed.

What do you think of cutting being frowned upon as a coping mechanism

Hey bro, I was you a few years back posting a thread like this. Still have a leg looking like an autistic work of art. You can do it if you want to, but I'd rather just do drugs tbh. You should check'em out, but be careful. Good luck in life bois, we're all in this together

Cheers for the good wishes mate. To be honest, I'm heavily against drugs. I hear people use them to cope with stress and depression but it's not for me. What pissed me off is when friends who smoke weed tell me I shouldn't cut. I'm glad you found a better way to deal with your shit, mate.

Use cold instead.

Hey. Please dont cut yourself. I know depression can be hard, but take help instead of hurting yourself. Speak to someone, that will help! Hope youll get better soon :)

I think the 12 year olds on here calling it edgy are just being edgy themselves. I can see why it is frowned upon as a coping mechanism, you are harming yourself and your body after all. After all these years I still have to make an effort to hide the scars on my arms. In my second phase I mostly cut on my legs so it was hidden as I had learned from first time round. Anyway, I digress. I can see why it is frowned upon, but for me it was the only thing that worked. These days I usually just relax with some weed in the evening after work. I find that helps with stress, anxiety and depression.

Show your face to the world, cunt. See if that stops you from embarrassing yourself further.

Alcohol's a legal drug, unless you're underage of course, which would mean you'd fuck off this board, amirite?

Tried it once. Dont get it tbh. Doesnt really hurt and leaves a fucking mess. I prefer drinking myself near death.

I've got some loving friends who help me through tough times. I cut when I'm alone. I appreciate your worry though, friend! I'm on antidepressants, too, but they don't do as much as I hoped.

Yeah I hear weed is an excellent way to combat depression. I'm heavily against the stuff though so it's not really an option for me. Where abouts on your arm did you cut? I never wear singlets so I cut near the shoulder where it's always hidden no matter what shirt I wear

from my wrist down to my inner elbow

Gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

Don't need to. Not doing this for attention. Thanks anyway. Don't get where the embarassment comes from.

Tried alcohol. Only thing I'm into is shit like Heineken. Tried jack, tried rum, tried wine, tried champagne. Didn't like any

Well I'm glad you found an alternative at least haha :P It didn't help too much till I stopped doing little scratches and went for deeper cuts.

Try going deeper. Maybe even all the way thru, that has to be even better.

Aah yeah. I tried to avoid anywhere viisble.

stop. find something else to keep your mind off it, make sure you're physically fit, going to the gym and working your ass off is a great way to get all the stress out.

You're a girl, right?
Never heard of guys cutting themselves, sounds like a purely feminine thing to do. We guys usually drink, or do drugs, or start brawls, etc...

no, i do heroin like a fucking grownup

stop. find something else to keep your mind off it, make sure you're physically fit, going to the gym and working your ass off is a great way to get all the stress out. life isn't easy but it's sure as hell not going to get better by scarring your arms.

Would you say the same to someone smoking weed? I don't get the stigma against cutting. I appreciate the worry but yeah man. Kinda sucks when people telling you to stop your coping mechanism that works and move onto one that might not.

Never heard of self harm being gender specific but ok. Tell me, which gender does suicide fall under?

Not even remotely correct. Males just don't talk about their shit as much.

yeah, girls show their emotions or problems as a means to garner attention, guys don't do this. females are childish and are about as attention starved as dogs.

>Tried jack, tried rum, tried wine, tried champagne. Didn't like any
I don't mean that as an offense, really, but you do sound like you're still pretty young, in your teens, which goes with the emotional issues and cutting so it's logical.
I'll say that you'd start liking alcohol eventually, even responsibly, but by then I'm pretty sure you'll either be in a grave or have overcome your teen issues so it won't matter anyway.
Good luck to you, try to find your own goal in life and you'll realize everything just got brighter.

I'm 21. I can drink shit that tastes like piss but can't do shots. Fucks with my stomach and the taste is rancid.

I hate this shit
Doesn't give you a big high unless you shoot it and makes you addicted for nothing

>and I don't know why.
Because your brain is literally malfunctioning and learning a reward cycle from a negative behavior that correctly working brains explicitly should not be able to do.

make sure to wash them

Remember kids if you're cutting across the street then you're just doing it for attention true cutters know to cut down the street.

kill yourself you pathetic faggot. I hope all you fucking cutters kill yourselves

Solid explanation. I'll keep that in mind.

Oh? Why's that? Cause of infection or something?

>Hidden cuts are for attention
Pic related

You too. Why are you even here lol

My now girlfriend used to cut herself after her ex left her.
I wish I knew that sooner so
I could have helped her.
I hope she never does that again.
I can still see a bit of the scars on her legs.

/triggered newfag thread

OP are you religious in any way?
ive heard about flagelants and cant help but draw a paralel
from what i gather it should be one of the most reliefing experiences that a person can achieve

Sure
I cut meat
I cut vegetables
I cut the weeds
I cut the grass
I cut my marijuana
None of that emo shit though
You need to grow the fuck up, get a hobby and stop beginning for attention
What you need is for somebody to break your faggot nose once or twice so you can finally realize your life was really great up until the violent beatings

yeah, infection can be a really big problem

Sincerely, if you CAN cut, that means your survival instinct is actively malfunctioning. The body should not be able to damage itself outside of extreme stress (life or death/fight or flight, not "And PROM'S TOMORROW!") environments.
So either your other mental illness(es) are creating an environment that is sufficiently stressful or circumventing the mechanism to protect yourself somehow.

What the fuck is happening to this guy?!

You can see it as a time of extreme sadness or you can see it as a time of happiness during that sadness. I like the latter one more.

Nah mate not religious. Raised Christian but never liked it and never stuck with it.

Cheers for the tip. Guess I lucked out with the others but I'll start washing.

Never really thought of it as an animal instinct sort of thing. Thought of it more as a human psychology thing if that makes sense.

Attention whoring on /b
Seriously?
Come on femanon, you can do better than that.
Been there, minus the Sup Forums

The look fucking nice. Not really attention whoring, though, am I? Posted 1 pic and not really talking about myself much. Other than answering questions and stuff. How come you cut mate

youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY

Yeah, nah. Survival instinct is full on Lizard Brain. Every living organism has it, from plants to sheep to humans. And damaging self happens in nature. Animals will straight up bite limbs off to escape from being trapped, because trapped leads to death, and losing a limb is a lesser evil.
Cutting doesn't follow that pattern, it releases endorphins to numb the pain, and people who do that perceive it as a positive feedback loop, like a reward. And fun fact, pain is literally just nerves saying "WE'RE TAKING DAMAGE, PAY ATTENTION!" That's why you can't bite your thumb off even though you could in theory produce enough PSI with a bite to go through a joint.

He's being a faggot op

To soothe the anger.

kys

kYs

Well gee that's a right swell contribution you have there

Youre a dude right? Stop being a fag and go pick a fist fight with someone.

I'm a pacifist. Only people I can harm are people who pose a theat to anyone I care about

I play music. good music. that's my release. yeah I like metal n rock. but love jazz too. I play sax, drums, guitar and sing in many different styles, including opera. I can scream. and do ur typical power metal high pitched stuff and jazz... so yeah.

What's it like being 15?

and yourself. Seriously stop being a punk ass and allow someone else to do the damage. Get your endorphin going and learn to fight at the same time. You can always just keep looking for attention by wearing stockings on here

Love me some jazz. Love psychedelica and synthwave. It's all so relaxing.

Good. What's it like being a Wendy's chef with no future

Aww, did I strike a nerve, sweetheart? You gonna go cut yourself some more?

Feels best when u cut ur jugular (deeply for best effect)

Yes

Yes

You should try cutting across your throats at least an inch deep. The sting is fantastic and is really helpful with depression

Yes

>This

Very true, works all the time for me

Remember kids, cutting is for people who are too pussy to kill themselves and want attention
Just another angsty 15 year old, nothing to see here.
Sage

You're correct only girls do it. Guys that do it are bitches so technically not dudes

>Samefagging this hard
>This butthurt

Says the 15 year old.
SAGE is older than you sad fag!

Yep, definitely struck a nerve :^)
Don't you have homework?

So butthurt you put up the same post twice. Try again faggot

Noice try faggot!

You should just skip cutting and go straight to hanging yourself

You call those cuts?
fucking pathetic

Homework(s)?
Like you've ever done any.
I'm surprised you can even spell, cocksucker!

Shut the fuck up and show us your tits you whore

Lol attention seeking whore

It's probably not the same, but I enjoy picking and salting wounds I have. My blood tastes good as well. In work situations, I have to make do with just bending my leg under as tight a corner as it will go, but back home I enjoy hurting myself in more bloody ways.

I never got around to cutting myself real deep though.

>Caring this much
Found the underageds

Whoooohoooo
Here comes a bad boiiiii
Piss off fag!

kek

I started prozac and urges went away for a few months. Now (im 23) the cut urges come back every now and then. I some a joint and its all gone again. It really helps to dont have any self harm tendensies what so ever. Best of luck

show tits

>Underageds
You win

who is pic related? need to know for a school assigment.

llllol
can you egocentric teens go find a different site to sob for attention??

also tits or gtfo

>llllol
>egocentric teens
Really?

I went through that too. Then I stopped being an edgy retard.

Really what?
You aren't getting anywhere by being a vague bastard?

I once cut myself shaving.

and makes you mentally retarded

thats pretty pathetic OP, do it properly.

Good quality photo tho

Pussy faggot, Off yourself.

You can not even cut yourself, right? And you do it to cope? Jeeze dude off yourself I can barely see any depth in those cat scratches. Be a real cutter or do heroine you fucking little faggot bitch.

What antidepressants are you on OP? What's the dosage?

people like you anger the shit out of me
have you ever truly suffered you normie
fucking stupid cunt
do you even know what suffering other than "this guy picked on me"

I did not even see the cuts at firs
fuck off you are just someone else I want to hoot
you do not know true suffering

you are an attention whore

I don't have the time to read through this thread but I used to, mostly because it gave my pain a more physical form; it wasn't just in my head. I haven't cut in a couple years now. I wish you luck with your depression, OP, someday you might regret those scars.

stop you fucking retard, you're gonna get over it and then you'll regret it cause you'll be walking around with scars. seek some actual form of help instead of doing this shit.