Who's next up after they all inevitably fall off?

Who's next up after they all inevitably fall off?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.popjustice.com/threads/the-winners-rate-5-4-a-personal-hero-falls.63961/page-194
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

male pop stars tbqh.
if the 1-d kids can get their shit together next release. will get some new biebers and git rid of fake female pop stars

Ariana Grande

I can't wait for the next wave i'm tired of these hags

female pop stars should get replaced every five years like james bond. keep the same name, the same songwriters, same race, but just swap the bitch out for a newer model. women don't have a long shelf-life. anyone over 25 is a fucking wash.

Katy Perry is already falling off
Did I miss something for the reason she felt she needed to come out and play the depression angle and be "woke" to try and sell her new album? Or was that just a dumb misfire on part of the people around her?

Mark my words, it's going to either be a bunch of thiccbraps or an oversexualized minor

Tbh there are really no standout replacements yet.

For R&B pop I see SZA getting some buzz, but I can't see her taking up a throne left behind by Beyonce or Rihanna.

For Taylor Swift and Katy, get ready for Lorde and her clones.

grande is one

Katy perry fell off 3 years ago. She is looking old and worn out now.

I can't really see Rihanna transitioning well into more mature shit, but she's still young and Beyonce is doing well going into her 40s.

Katy Perry is probably going to transition into some soft whiter than white pop like Colby Coliet or something.

Taylor is probably going to return to country pop after her train slows down.

The next wave is not going to create any Beyonce's or Taylor Swifts and taking too mantle is going to be hard. Those days are over, if the industry hasn't puffed up the next big thing yet, it's not happening.

Lorde seems in holding. And I literrally can not tell tou what the fuck is going on with black female r&b/pop singers beyond Beyonce and Rihanna, they might as well be the only 2.

But the next sound is probably going to be return to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera type bubble gum pop only sluttier this time.

Once pop doesn't have trap(that's dying to) to cyphon off of to incorporate in it's sound anymore, they'll be scrambling for a new sound.

I remember a few people on Sup Forums thinking Grimes was going to be the next thing in pop. But no one wants to hear some 4/10 girls lisp her way through songs that sound like they came from a sega saturn game soundtrack. That stuff is niche at best.

But this is the same board who at a point thought some weird looking black kids rapping around rape and burning shit was going to dominate 2010s hip-hop, or a screaming hobo was going to be played on top 40 radio.

*BRAAAP*

mmmm

Clairo

tay-tay and kay-kay will be around forever.

just look at Madonna

Beyonce has already reached pop icon levels. She's safe. Then again, so was Michael before 1993.

Taylor and Katy are at the American Life phases of their careers, so in a few years they'll both make their Confessions on a Dancefloor

Beyonce and Rihanna can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want at this point, they've already cemented their legacies

We already have 3 Lorde clones

Alessia Cara, Daya, and now Halsey's newer stuff are all riding the hype wave Lorde had in 2013 with this type of sound, except much more watered down to a point where their music is perfect for being bored in traffic.

>2000s
Rihanna > Katy Perry > Taylor Swift > Beyonce

>2010s
Taylor Swift > Rihanna > Katy Perry > Beyonce

some chicks who haven't even broken out yet

I don't even like Beyonce but this is just hilarious, did she bully you or something?

Surely Rihanna isn't still a thing?

It also took me a while to realize that one on the bottom is Katy Perry, I never would have guessed but I remembered seeing the thumnbail for that trending music video

>cyphon
Discredited your whole post right there

The Beyonce explosion this decade has always been hard for me to comprehend because her music was so bad in the 00's and she wasn't such a mega icon, I feel it's a waste of time to give her new stuff a try but is it really that different, did she suddenly become a goddess to the whole United States because of her music got better or just some other thing

>her music got better
>her music
user, none of these big time pop singers write their own music. 2010s Beyonce trumping 2000s Beyonce is a completely realistic event due to just a change in support staff.

Imo Grimes is simply too eccentric in her ways and tastes to ever truly reach peak pop-star popularity - although I have no doubt she will continue (as she has in recent years) flirting with it through sheer strength of talent.

As far as who the "next ones" are gonna be, mostly brand new faces rather than current c-list or lower stars (remember where Lorde started out? That's right - nowhere.)
However there's one wrinkle to this that you should keep in mind. With a bare handful of exceptions, every major chart-topping breakout pop-star act has been the product of a star + the perfect songwriter/producer for them at the time coming together. So if you wanna know who's gonna be big next, you should probably start paying closer attention to what's going with purple behind the scenes.

kekekek

bullshit opinion. you just don't like her.

Katy Perry's already irrelevant.
Her last album came and went and only had a hit because she got the Migos on it.

>and she wasn't such a mega icon
Yeah she was.

grimes has the most basic bitch taste imaginable

bullshit. her taste is diverse and interesting:
Grimes cites the following as influences: Marilyn Manson,[76] Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Enya, Kate Bush, Beyoncé, Bikini Kill, Joanna Newsom, Burial,[77] Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel,[78] How to Dress Well,[79] Cocteau Twins,[80] Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Panda Bear, Tool,[75] Dandi Wind,[81] Outkast, the Dungeon Family, New Edition, TLC, Michael Jackson, Black Dice, Aphex Twin, Nine Inch Nails,[82] Skinny Puppy, the Spice Girls,[83] Jedi Mind Tricks,[84] Paramore,[85] Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Geinoh Yamashirogumi, Yoko Kanno, Kenji Kawai,[86] David Bowie, Queen, St. Vincent, Mindless Self Indulgence, Chris Isaak,[87] Salem, Al Green,[88] and Blink-182,[89] as well as the Dune novels,[77] The Godfather Part II,[78] K-pop,[90] artist Yayoi Kusama, The Legend of Zelda, Akira,[86] and medieval music.[88]

pop dies and meme rap fully takes over

>riri
>fell off
Excuse me?

Stop

Not even remotely like she is now, maybe some people liked her but she wasn't treated like the second coming of Christ in mainstream media every single day

How many "basic bitches" do you know who actually like Tool?

I thought Banks was going to be the next big one, but she didn't get popular enough since she actually makes good music.

>Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera type bubble gum pop only sluttier this time
I'm perfectly ok with this

Destiny's Child made catchy as hell hits; it just took Beyoncé a while to find her own footing solo. Her s/t and Lemonade are worth listening as far as pop with an actual personality goes, but it's also understandable if you don't really feel them. It's still pop at the end of the day.

Rihanna and Katy Perry are falling off

It is not different. Well, it is different, but she just jumped on another bandwagon. Her marketing team just got better, is what it is. I don't like her and I hate Twitter even more, but my god they did a good job of locking that place down.

+1. Pop music is so cynical it's insane.

me

my gf likes tool and shes basic af
anyway grimes can never be a pop star. too weird and doesn't have any straight bangers

I mean tyler the creator isnt dominating but hes very prevelant

>doesn't have any straight bangers
What are Kill V. Maim, Flesh Without Blood, Genesis and Oblivion? Even pop fans could enjoy her music. Proof: forum.popjustice.com/threads/the-winners-rate-5-4-a-personal-hero-falls.63961/page-194
#4 on an all time pop songs rating.

Hopefully someone who has talent and writes their own lyrics.

Isn't she coalburner?

>my gf likes tool and shes basic af
Lol that just makes you a basic dick