How can we make cricket the most popular sport in the world?

How can we make cricket the most popular sport in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216183/Cricket-invented-French-80-years-played-England-historians-say.html
theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-losing-its-indian-engine-room/news-story/a066b2a02e38541d57e4d9df146afbf7
youtube.com/watch?v=o4iaGR0G24M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shill T20 as much as possible

eugenics induced high intelligence

only way

make it an interesting sport and indoctrinate children with it believing it to be the best sport. Like how americans are trying with handoval.

By playing baseball instead

>tfw in pre civil war america cricket was the most popular sport
>tfw southern gentlemen culture would be stronger if it wasn't hated because of it's association with the brits, instead get rednecks
>tfw no cricket world cup in the usa with all day long drinking and bants

it's a great sport m8's

>sport named after annoying low-tier pest
>played by brown annoying low-tier pests
>matches (tests?) are way too long
>participants dressed like mental patients in a hardware store

sounds perfect for the chinese. go sell it to them.

t.brainlet

Make it viewable in the states before 2 AM PST

multiball and offside

I still can't get over the fact the french don't play cricket. It's the kind of faggy and elitist thing you'd expect them to like. Why do you play rugby and not cricket?

B I G
A
S
H

L E A G U E

But seriously, pretty much abandon test cricket and go for shorter games (t20). Because seriously, who other than neets and retirees has time to spend 5 days watching one match?

t..brainlet

t. traditionalist poofter

The step towards day/night test matches is a good idea, having Friday and Saturday night test matches will do wonders for the format. I'd like to see some kind of tournament to really decide a world champion, maybe every 2 years the top 4 nations enter a knock out competition.

France invented cricket

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216183/Cricket-invented-French-80-years-played-England-historians-say.html

there's rugby because some English expat students introduced it in their universities in Le Havre and Paris in the late 1800's, and for some strange reason it took roots

ironically, it spread down to the south where it became the ultimate rural pleb sport, while it still mainly some elitist stuff from private school in anglo countries

The invention of cricket is heavily disputed, other people would argue that it evolved from a game called stoolball which traces it's origins back to Flanders/Belgium.

it was just for lulz purpose anyway

I wouldn't be surprised if it came from France, there are still lots of aristocracy in England that have 100% French family names.

However Sup Forums got Trump elected.

I unironically have one of my ancestor from a few centuries ago whose family name was "You".

No English root in it though, as it's a deformation from the name "Yon", that itself takes root in the latine name "Ionis"

>hurr durr we it Sup Forumsbros. We got Drumpf elected.
Shut the fuck you. YOU DUMBASS RACISTS DIDN'T GET ANYONE ELECTED. You were tricked by Russian propaganda and supported Putin's stooge.

ban toilets

not possible. you have to have an iq of 115+ to appreciate it fully

inb4 indians. they don't really understand the game

>what is a one-day match
>what is T20

lighter balls

bigger balls

Dingers

more personalities

KEK

See you in a few hours, bitch. 2-1

Indians are unironically the best team in the world.

>best team in world
>literally zero good bowlers
nope

1. Ashwin - IND
2. Jadeja - IND
3. Hazelwood - Austria

Top 3 official ICC rankings.

jadeja is complete shit. fraudwin is a homebully too. also weak era kings too bearing in mind there is no particularly strong teams atm. this indian side has done nothing out of asia

PLEASE

make it so you actually have to run when you hit the ball

no one will watch it until this changes

By importing ELITE MUSCULAR AUSGODS all acrossed civilization

end /cric/ and crickets reputation would probably improve

I'm not a cricket follower, but I do want to see it remain successful in the countries where its popular since I like bat-and-ball sports in general.

That said, cricket can never become the most popular sport in the world, no bat-and-ball game can because there's not enough "running around" to satisfy your average goalsport (soccer, basketball, etc) fan.

Case in point:

>The editor of CricInfo, the authoritative online cricket newsroom, says his own 19-year-old son would rather watch the EPL (English Premier League) than the IPL.

"For him (Barcelona player Lionel) Messi is a far bigger sporting hero than Tendulkar. All his friends are the same," says Bal.

>"Many of these kids today don't have the time or patience for Test cricket or even one-day matches, so for them Twenty20 is fine and football is even better because it's only 90 minutes."

>"I don't mind cricket, but football is just more fun. It's more intense, players don't just stand around like in cricket," says Ramendra, a 20-year-old commerce student.

>"Nobody plays cricket in this colony. Only old people do on Sunday mornings.

>"Cricket can't satisfy the growing desire among young Indians to be cosmopolitan, global and cool in the same way that football can," he says.

theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-losing-its-indian-engine-room/news-story/a066b2a02e38541d57e4d9df146afbf7

keke, that would absolute mayhem

this

thought the CWC was bretty comfy

though*

I can't tell if this post is a joke or not. Well done.

>cricket could've been the world game

Give Daniel an American reality tv show where he spouts his elite opinions

wheres the DRS song you fucking daniel

it was the irish peoples in america's fault, they resented cricket because they were too pleb for it and pushed baseball

oi dont you be talkin down to BASEDball now

He's gone back to his "I no longer post on Sup Forums" narrative, so I doubt it's happening

More gay sports from Yurop. You guys really cornered the market there.

Literally impossible. It's a fucking wonder that it's this big already. I mean, I love the game, but it's borderline moronic in so many ways, you actually have to be a massive loser to understand it.

Only way to stop test cricket from dying and being eaten alive by t20 is to market it to nerds and autists who spend most of their days playing e-"sports" and not liking real sports because they're too normie. China for sure.

By not making it a circlejerk that bends over backwards and caters for England, India and Australia

D A N I E L
A
N
I
E
L

Never going to happen, soccer will always be 1st. basketball will cement itself at 2nd if it isn't already, baseball and cricket will have it tough just remaining 3rd/4th

fuck China desu, they're all in on soccer and basketball these days. MLB is spending big bucks trying to get a presence in China but I doubt it'll work.

Daniel pls

P

W

O

S

D A N I E L
L
I
T
E

truthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthietruthie

>you actually have to be a massive loser to understand it.
and you have to be an actual idiot not to

It won't ever be #1 for the fact that it's basically a 1v1 sport disguised as a team sport. It's a battle between bowler and batsman while everyone else just kinda hangs around. That's not fun, that's not interesting when you're playing. Soccer and basketball are popular because everyone is pretty much involved in the play at any given time so you feel important, you feel involved in the game

>1 billion people
>0 who understand drs

Based wankush

REKT

One of my mates is french and became fucking obsessed with cricket after moving here

He reckons France and Germany would eat it up if they were properly exposed to it

they wouldn't

why not? genuine question

I always thought the germans would enjoy the extreme autism of test cricket

Darts will be the worlds biggest sport in 20 years.

Indians have 140 iq on avergae. unless you believe the jewish propaganda against indians

explain this then

the first german cricket club was founded in 1858 about 20 years before the first football match in germany took place. since then football has become the most popular sport in germany while cricket is only being played by a small number of immigrants from cricket-playing nations

yeah and the same story is in spain, america and the netherlands.

cricket was never "properly" introduced into any of those countries. Cricket mostly expanded from tours by amateur teams backed by english lords. If you weren't an english colony then no one would play against you. That's one of the reasons why cricket collapsed in places like Argentina while rugby gained a foothold. The International Cricket Council was even called the Imperial Cricket Conference back then.

>"properly" introduced
what the fuck does that even mean?

maybe read the next sentence

do you think that football became popular worldwide because the english fa "properly" introduced the sport in other countries?

no I think it became popular because it's a simple game that's easy to play without any kind of equipment, it can be played anywhere in the world without the environment causing problems and it was a game that was played by the english lower class that formed the overwhelming bulk of sailors, unlike cricket and rugby which posher games

Indian street kids play cricket with fuck in the slums.

Trust me, I saw Slumdog Millionaire.

it's not as easy to play as soccer

ban all second generation currys pakis etc from the 1st world teams England Australia USA Canada etc

Lel.

Cricket players just stand around for 95% of the match and the primary actions in cricket require no athleticism whatsoever.

Football is the most popular sport because it has the most compelling tactical depth of any sport and the most graceful and elegant gameplay. The beautiful game.

Reason cricket is dying in India among the youth (1st gen immigrant to US here. inB4 Sup Forums comment). It's just too slow and ponderous. No athleticism or grace.

Only 1 paki in entire Australian squad an he's not even in the test 11 right now.

Hockey

Kill all seppos.

>Our average IQ is 2.66 standard deviations above the mean guys! Wait what's a standard deviation?

(Unironically) good post

>remove (((paid sports television)))

youtube.com/watch?v=o4iaGR0G24M

It'll never even get close to #1 but for real:

>split test cricket and T20 up, treat them as two different sports with a bunch of elite players who can do both
>trash ODIs
>give t20 leagues a proper structure like football, streamline them so they're all similar regarding schedules etc, include a champions league
>give tests a structure like some of the ones that have been thrown around

Especially if test cricket becomes like a 3-year long league, imagine how hard that would be to win. Would make every single game so exciting.

>split test cricket and T20 up

All that would do is kill test cricket since all the good players would follow the money.

Still tons of money in tests. Five days is a lot longer than 3 hours, and if tests are made interesting then I don't see it declining in viewership.

Also I'd also move to make it so that players COULD play both if they wanted to regarding schedules, but simultaneously have an attitude change towards the two where we consider them less related. For example you'd play T20 as clubs/franchises whereas tests would be international.

Football is the most popular sport because it requires a fucking ball and that's it. No reason will ever supersede this.

>this entire post

Lmao

There is no way this isn't Daniel

>Especially if test cricket becomes like a 3-year long league, imagine how hard that would be to win. Would make every single game so exciting.

Who in the hell has the staying power to keep up with that for such and extended period of time and still be excited? It is great for the old school lovers of the game who are deeply interested in stats and the art of the game but there is no way it will entice new comers to the sport.

I can watch ice hockey, order a pizza and buy a tumble drier with my phone on my sofa. Instant gratification and having (mostly) anything available to you at any time will largely kill off the long form of the game.
Patience for everything waning, why is it a surprise that people don't want to spend five days watching a single sport for no real result?

>Test World Cup
>Night Tests
>Funny Hat Matches

Will not stop the lack of interest

t. Alberto Cadarci

the plot to Hitchhikers Guide:3 Life The Universe And Everything

t.mario brainleto

Cricket is basically a dumb and boring version of baseball. The amount of subtlety and tactical and athletic ability on display in baseball makes cricket looks like the shitty joke that it is.

Cricket will NEVER be able to match the tradition and history and folklore of baseball either.

And don't even get me started on attendance and revenue. Baseball attracts 75 million people annually just in the MLB. Further 25 million people attend Japanese baseball and add other millions in caribbean and other nations. On the other hand, if you add up all the cricket attendances worldwide, they would struggle to cross even 10 million ROFLOL.

And oh, MLB is a $9.5 BILLION annual industry! Cricket is not even 1/10th of that LMAO.

All in all, cricket can fuck right off.

new city based t20 competition to launch in 2020
18 years after the format was invented in this country
and after literally every man and his dog has had their own go at putting one on
the ECB has failed the sport
this truly is the decade of lost opportunities

9 times out of 10 the batsmen in Baseball have nfi where they are actually hitting the ball

Untrue.

t. Kermit the Frogs asshole

ok 7 time out of 10 then