How do you cope with anxiety/depression Sup Forums?

How do you cope with anxiety/depression Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3lVm36PBAw
maybeitsmercury.com/how-exactly-to-chelate-using-the-andy-cutler-protocol.html
livingnetwork.co.za/support/facebook-andy-cutler-chelation-think-tank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I joke about killing myself.

drugs

Same here.

Playing some vidya usually helps.

Sad truth, but same here

Finding a distraction. Work, entertainment, family, friends. Just trying is better than just waiting. Best act before the apathy hits. And oh boy, it hits hard.

I'm on the apathy part, can't get out of my bed...

I fart on my hand and smell it.

music as loud as possible. it really distracts your mind
also lots of alcohol

Which ones user? Marijuana isn't doing the trick for me, I'm on wellbutrin so I stopped doing mdma and cocaine, to be hones my life is worse now, I plan to quit taking wellbutrin and start doing mdma every 6 weeks and cocaine on weekends like before, I was happier.

Get a blowjob

Read books
Get a hobby
Do sport

>Work
I work as a programmer and I used to enjoy it, not anymore, I have a constant thought that I'm gonna get fired since I see that my coworker finish more items than me...

>entertainment
I only enjoy watching hockey and some streamers on twitch

>family
all I have is my mom, my brother is a dick and my other relatives don't want to know about me

>friends
>tfw no friends

I just find a distraction. Vidya, music, work, the sorts. When I'm not doing that I don't do anything but let it sink in

>books
I don't really like books user, I've tried my entire life and nothing.

>hobbies
My job used to be my hobby, I'm a programmer, I don't enjoy doing that anymore...

>sports
I broke my foot last year playing soccer so sports are a no no for me. I do lift 3 times per week, doesn't help much, maybe when I'm exercising but after that, same anxiety and depression.

bump

Have you tried stopping being depressed and being awesome instead?

Try something new. New scenery helps. Talk to new people. Try old things you enjoyed but you forgot, maybe you'll remember what you liked.

I take Prozac cause I felt like I had no other option

i consider every episode or anxiety/depression as a new challange from which i will grow however sometimes it is overwhelming and i want to shoot myself or to escape to foreign country

What if you don't even like them anymore?

Try to write some good notes that you'll remembering someday.

Hope you're ok, user

Not be a whiney little bitch

find a hoby, work out, set some goals in life. I've wasted 4 years of my life in and out of depresion/anxiety, being a neet, running away from my problems by gaming and faping. Until i said to my self, that if nothing will change,sooner of later i will really kill myself, that's when i started to do something with my life

Working, it helps a little.
I'm in the same boat with you OP. Hopeless depression for many years but what gives?

Push all your emotions deeeeep inside of you and never let them see the light of day. Works pretty good except the fact that you become really jaded.

Raging alcoholic

I drink lemongrass kombucha that has been fermented to a point where it has a state of bitterness and sweetness that gives it a refreshing flavor and good feelings.

nicotine works too.

fap

Nasty-ass

You gotta focus on your third eye, guy.

I pretend everything is ok and watch silly youtube videos to distract myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3lVm36PBAw

>set some goals in life
how do you find out what your goals are?
i have nothing i really want to do

Music, mainly. I play bass and guitar, it's quite therapeuthic for me.

Never works for me. I'm a perfectionist and I whenever I come up with a great riff I can't ever play it correctly, so I get pissed and put it away.

This
You never let anyone see through your mask, push it all down and go through the motions

This is me. I spend more time looking at games that I don't want to play than actually playing. My anxiety cope is fucking my wife when possible

anybody here take meds for depression? I'm thinking about doing it but not sure if its worth the trouble they can cause

I only hear bad things

Mindfulness. When those negative thoughts and feelings start, be aware of them and intercept them. There's a difference between feeling justifiable sadness and just beating yourself up.

I know, that's why I'n resistant, I feel like it might help but I don't think I'm at the point where its worth it

Spend everyday dreaming/fantasizing about a better life while listening to the same 20 songs, playing the same videogames over and over, browsing the same sites and keep this stale repetitive routine up forever.

Booze and cocaine.

I take wellbutrin and to be honest I want to quit, shit doesn't work for me.

I think it all comes down to which meds those would be, the side effects, and what the desired effect really does to change the way you think and feel

I don't. Lol.

How much cocaine? I love it, I haven't touched it in 6 months tho I'm currently taking a break. After my break I plan on buying an 8th ball but I don't want to go crazy with it, I'm not sure how much it should last me.

Do pretty much anything to keep yourself numb so you forget for a bit how much you hate yourself. Set your standards so low that you learn to middle through anything do you never get disappointed enough to actually end it.

Depends on you my man, I take 150 MG of Zoloft and another 150 of something else. The stuffs helped keep down episodic depression a lot for me. I suggest trying it for a month or two, if you don't see any changes ask for a different type or a bump up in dosage.

Im taking ssri atm, they work like a charm. Wept like a baby when I registered that my depressing ruminations were gone one day. They're the reason im still alive, I think. But when you decide to take them, take them along side therapy. They won't fix the problem, they just make the symptoms more bearable for a while.

Tell yourself to stop being a faggot repeatedly for the rest of your life.

I'm not even joking.

I don't, I take care of it by the Andrew Cutler protocol.
Works for all other "mental dissorders" as well
(Autism, ADD, ADHD, bipolar, etc.)
Mine are "autism" and "ADD"
maybeitsmercury.com/how-exactly-to-chelate-using-the-andy-cutler-protocol.html
Our support community
livingnetwork.co.za/support/facebook-andy-cutler-chelation-think-tank/
Let's get to the root cause of all modern chronic health disorders, mercury poisoning.
Courtesy of vaccines, and jews everywhere.

I've learned to deal with it pretty well over the years cause I've become almost completely apathetic, numb to pain both physical and mental.
I have nearly daily headsplitting hereditary migraines, so does my grandpa who always has great advice and life philosophies to share with me.
I am bipolar just like my father, seeing him again after only talking to him through the phone for many years has given me a new perspective on that too. Didn't give me advice directly but I learned a lot by listening to him and seeing how his family treated him.

I think if I wasn't constantly in pain for all these years, plus a few bad heartbreaks and middleschool dreams getting crushed by injuries, I wouldn't know how to deal with suffering or life and would have killed myself long ago.

The only thing that really gets me now is when I fall in love in a dream and wake up heartbroken, unable to breath properly for the next few days. That shit is so bittersweet it's the only time I feel any raw emotion, even if I every time I feel like even suicide is not enough to stop the pain from suffocating me. Then I hook up with a girl and realize I dislike people all over again, or go out with my best friends and have great conversations and get high, but still not quite the connection I was hoping for. So I really don't know how to scratch the itch those dreams make me feel and it drives me mad when I get them.

Hangovers are extra bad so I try to avoid too much alcohol, but weed, MD and coke help a lot when I'm at my lowest. The really bad ones last for a couple of weeks at a time though so being high all day doesn't affect my Uni studies that much.

This method actually really helped me escape my worst phase of depression. Except I said to myself 'dont be a little bitch'.

Yeah, me too. Im not even joking anymore, but parents annd friends still laugh...

Start a business ? You are developer, so, create your own world.

You just got to keep moving, find something to do to keep your mind occupied.
The more you get out there in the world the less your mind will dwell on shit like depression.
An idle mind is a dangerous thing, its like you start thinking of situations that could happen but more than likely won't.

I'm in a similar boat, user. I can't give anything reassuring other than accept the situation and with that you're free to whatever you want. The only real surprise is the joy of potentially finding something that does give you a goal.
It's not for everyone though.

You have to learn to love yourself, stop being so fucking negative all the fucking time, stop being such a cuck and learn stand up for yourself and fight for what you believe in. Fuck what everyone else thinks, literally fall in love with yourself and the rest will fall into place. Believe me you fuck

>MD and coke
I miss MD and coke :(

I used to take lexapro and it worked pretty well, but I ended up stopping it in an attempt to do it the old fashion way.

Even though I'm no longer on it, it has definitely changed me, but I can't tell if better or for worse. I'm much more mello

yup.

Your "dream" can be anything not just a job. Family, travelling, a nice house with a hot tub to relax while binge watching a good series in. No matter what it is, you don't have to love it, just like it enough to stay somewhat motivated and put up with the grind to get there.

Or maybe you wanna get high and play video games all day. If that's the case then get a job, any job, find a cheap 1 person apartment and start chilling. Your life doesn't have to be spectacular or fulfilling, you don't need long term plans cause they never work out as intended anyway. So get rid of the anxiety and pressure people put on you and do what makes you happy right now while trying not to fuck over your future self too hard.

>a nice house with a hot tub to relax while binge watching a good series in
well, you need a good job to be able to afford that

I'm feeling like shit right now because I kind of lost the chance with a girl that might have been interested in me, cause I gave almost no importance or attention.
And now after 3 months I can't stop thinking about her, I dont know why or how but I cant, I was gonna do something but found out that she has a bf now, just recently together.

Now I spent my days here on Sup Forums asking how to deal with this shit. I want them to break up so that i can take over but at the same time I dont want to because she seems to be happy and I WANT her to be happy. FUCK

>I fall in love in a dream and wake up heartbroken
worst feeling I've ever experienced, I agree

>An idle mind is a dangerous thing
TRUE

I bottle my emotions until I have a chance to cry on someone's shoulder. Then I hate myself more making them worry and hurt for me. I usually try throwing my emotions into my drawing and work. Although I'm never quite contempt with my art, my appearance, and my work which adds to the self hatred. Eventually I imagine, I'm going to commit Sudoku.

Don't feel bad user, I don't even want to begin to count how many girls I could've dated but I'm too beta to realize what to do.

The last girl I lost was such a beautiful girl, we went out once, had some drinks, I even took her to my apartment and smoked weed but I was too beta to make a move and she got bored of me, started rejecting my invitations and now she has a bf. I just watch her snaps being all happy and shit. Fuck my life.

The only friend I have is my ex which I hate her sometimes. Fuck this gay earth.

I avoid alcohol, tobacco, and drugs, cut down on refined sugar (no soda), keep to a schedule, and get help when I know I need it.

Chopin did that with piano. He would try to recapture improvisations all the time and would eventually start breaking pencils in frustration.

It worked for me the second time. I'm on Zoloft and Wellbutrin. Just make sure you've got a good psychiatrist who listens to you, and remember to bring up any issues the medication causes.

Not him but I hate psychiatrists, the first one I saw got me hooked up on benzos and I had to see a neurologist to tapper and get off them, it took me almost a year and I'm still suffering from withdrawals, fuck legal drugs.

>Get a good diet consist of essential minerals
>supply yourself with oils and vitamins (start with vitamin D3, B12, coconut and fish oil),
>get walks outside once every 2 days,
>don't get dehydrated,
>get a good sleep schedule, (cut down coffee)
>eat more fermented food (pickles, sauerkraut and such.)
>read and find out how to increase your testosterone levels as you may need it and enjoy it
>actively looking for a job helps as it will keep you busy once you get it anyway.
>read about how to get hired and improve yourself in the given time with online video courses
>exercise for endurance or cardio if it would make you feel better

What may cause depression:
>trauma and any emotional pain that you were not ready for
>holding back tears when letting go would relieve you
>seasonal allergies, allergic rinit, parasites and such
>scattered sleep schedule and lack of movement
>lacking certain minerals to focus mind
>lack of sunlight or marine oils to synthesis vitamin D3

Yep. Benzodiazepines can fuck you up. I had a bad experience with my first medication too, so I went off it.

I carry out everyday, hiding behind a smile and a nice outfit, there is no coping, just sleep. The last thing I think every night is "Maybe tonight I won't wake up." But every morning I wake up and get dressed as if it has never crossed my mind.

The fact is that I met her just 4 months ago and she is friends of my best friends, she lives like 3 blocks away and is "my friend" now.
We talk a bit every other day. I know I fucked up because I was afraid of asking her or afraid of what my friends could have thought of me because I've always been the guy that "doesnt give a fuck of having a gf or not" and when she told me to hang out I always said that I was kind of busy or something.

But now this hit me suddenly, and I was going to try to do something last weekend that we went to her country house, her and 4 more friends. But when I went to pick her up I found myself surprised that the only guy of the group that I didnt know who he was, was actually her bf of just 3 days. FUCK MY LIFE.

It gets dulled by my other functional abnormalities, but if it persists, I have coping mechanisms from living with it for all of my life. Deep breaths, pretending you know everyone, mental masturbation, compartmentalizing my emotions, filling the moments with the little things, crying when it is absolutely necessary, mindlessly honing skills and learning information so that I forget I feel ways, time alone to think, those things. It helps that I learned that no one will come to help you at an early age, so the whole becoming motivated and doing things despite wanting to die is easier, because it's an instilled habit instead of a conscious decision. Even if my body wants to lie there and not move, I kick myself until I do, because I know somewhere inside there was someone that wanted to want to care about things and feel good.

I try to find him and make him happy when I can. I try to find me, and make me happy, when I can. Then eventually I can rest eternal.

STOP MASTURBATING The constant dopamine drip from jacking it messes with our brain chemistry.
If you are spanking it everyday or do marathon sessions I suggest you stop tugging on it and do some reading.

Also go for walks in the sunlight as often as possible. stimulate blood flow and vitamin D production