At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a sign flickers to life as the bar opens for the evening...

At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a sign flickers to life as the bar opens for the evening. You glance at the menu posted on the doorway:

>advice
>conversation
>happy thoughts

The bartender smiles at you welcomingly, inviting you to join the other patrons. Despite the buzz of both regulars and newcomers, you find an empty stool at the counter.

How can I help you tonight, Anonymous?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/odd1onya
clyp.it/zsuhclnf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Evenin' Jill

>happy thoughts

Would be pretty nice.

clyp.it/odd1onya

*sends happy thoughts*

today's happy thoughts: bee populations are continuing to recover from colony collapse.
what's got you down?
it sure is. don't tell anyone we're here, I've always liked how comfy we manage to keep it.

One advice, please.

coming right up! what do you need help with?

Evenin~

I've always wanted to find a place like that, inconspicuous, but hiding a great place behind the dark door.

*hugs*

Thank ya, Sky. You have some too

Me and this girl, we're both freshmen in high school and I really like her, but there are some problems. Last year, my best friend had a crush on her before I even knew her and though he says that he's over her, I don't think that's the case. Also, I'm afraid that she only sees me as a friend and she's not really the dating type. I want nothing more than to make her happy, but I can barely hold a conversation with her, all I text her is memes. Thanks for listening by the way, this is something I've been dwelling on for a while.

clyp.it/zsuhclnf
Wait, is that why you go urbexing?

whatever caused it, I'm glad. I'm not about to live in a Black Mirror episode or without honey.
the best thing you can do for your friend is to trust him when he says he's moved on. even if it isn't the case, he's made his decision regarding your feelings towards her.
re:the girl, you can either choose to keep her as a good friend, or you can just ask honestly how she feels. neither are really perfect options, but you either keep a status quo or you take a risk and start a relationship.
also, don't go around saying you're a HS freshman on Sup Forums.

Duly noted and once again, thank you.

shh you're 18 remember?
1. If your friend says he's over her, then if he's not, that's on him. But, the best way to handle that is to simply ask if he would be ok with you perusing a relationship with her.
2. If you want to know whether or not she thinks of you only as a friend the best way to find out is to ask her on a date.
3. If you get that date, start by asking questions about herself. People like to talk about themselves. Use this as a jump off point to explore experiences you've had that are similar.
4. Finally.... honestly, if the context you are giving is correct and you are all that young... don't put too much stock in it. Things may seem like the end of the world one way or another, but your most influential and meaningful relationships won't happen until you in your 20s.

Thank you. I've never been in a relationship before and with all the people around getting into relationships, honestly, it's quite scary.

I sure could use some happy thoughts OP. It's been too long.

hey, I'm really sorry to hear that. what's been going on?

You say that like it's a bad thing

Tho i did say >great place

not seedy, dank underworld :v

And nah, I go since my friend wants to go, and we have nothing better to do. Though urbexing was something I always wanted to do

Yeahhh, same here man. Honey is the shit, or well, it's bee vomit, but who's asking eh?

Speaking of Black Mirror, I have that down on my list~ Though I can't watch it anyway since my sister didn't pay her netflix bill ;-;

Oh just depressed and in a rut. Never really been happy with myself and I have nothing fulfilling in my life.

Happy thoughts:
Somewhere... someone has felt exactly what you feel right now. In fact everything you've ever felt has been felt before and is being felt by someone else right now. You are never alone in your struggle. Even if they feel those things for different reasons... it's the same emotions. If a person keeps reaching out they'll find someone who understand.

Thank you :)

it's a pretty nice show, a little overhyped at times though. don't expect it to blow your mind too much.
also be prepared that there's only one happy episode.
do you have any goals you're trying to move towards right now, that would result in some sort of fulfillment? have you focused more on being the kind of person others want you to be, rather than the person that would make you happy?

No, and yes. It's too late to pursue any meaningful goals. I'm 34 already.

what would you consider meaningful?

bah. When I was in university, both undergrad and grad school was filled with all ages. People looking to start new lives, fulfill new dreams. All centered around new. Not giving in, striving for something they could find meaning in. Doesn't have to be school, but a new job, a past interest/hobby rekindled.
The kicker is you have to find the motivation to do it, and that starts with changing your perspective to one that allows for meaning to be found anywhere... because you are the one who determines what is meaningful in your life. That has always been the thing you have control over. Even if it's hard to control, it's one of the few things you really honestly control in this wacky world.

Maybe you need a change of pace bud

This is very insightful. Thank you for the wise words. Good night.

Just becoming something that I can be proud of. I am not sure what that is exactly. But thank you for your kind words. Good night.