/Swans/

Can we talk about Swans? What's next for Gira? Underrated releases? Overrated?

imo The Glowing Man is better than or as good as The Seer and TBK but it's not rated as well

so, Sup Forums, The Seer or Bring The Sun/Toussant L'Ouverture?

the seer is the better album but toussant is the better song

For me it goes TBK>Glowing Man>Seer

I'm in the minority when I say that I like the Seer and the Glowing Man a lot more than To Be Kind

So what's the trilogy of records called?

tbk > the seer > the glowing man

i think he's done now
he did something great with this new lineup and idea of his band but i think it's tapped out again

lit angel trill ghetto pussy fire

Can't wait for the SFTB reissue. They should do a SFTB era box set that comes with sftb, die tur ist zu, swans are dead and sacrificial cake. But they probably won't since that would be difficult.

Pretty sure there supposed to represent hell, purgatory, and heaven. I've always thought of them as "The Dante Trilogy"

Are they reissuing SFTB on vinyl???

talked to him after a show and said he was working on another collection of short stories? seemed like a really nice and patient guy despite me gushing about how great the set was haha

Interesting. I always felt they had a very primitive tribal vibe. I always imagine people dancing around a bonfire to them. Specifically I always get a native American vibe from them because of Gira saying he wanted his concerts to feel like a native American sweat house or something.

I read someone else say they reached a kind of stopping point with their sound because if they continued it'd be more of the same and less innovative than it has been for the last seven years. I agree! So I'm excited to hear what the new direction ends up sounding like, if there is one

I wish gira would be clearer as to what he wants fans to do to be doing at his shows.
I saw them last night, some guy tried to start a pit and gira grabbed his hair and yelled at him to leave. After the song ended he told people "feel free to express yourself, just don't do it in a way that should have ended 20 years ago".
Great show, but i think gira was out of line with that honestly

hey I was there too and I agree with ya. I'd say do whatever you want up front just keep me out of it 'cause I'm a beta and I was just there for the music

Click in time to the music.

i have that feeling that they don't matter anymore, like Death Grips

saw them a few weeks back, they were good

although that one guy's friends were drunk idiots who obviously weren't there for the band, they just wanted to start shit. if you're one of them, fuck off, if not, you don't have to

Don't think it's really a minority. The Glowing Man is probably my favourite among these three, for its amazing ambiences and tasteful bass lines along with the cool drum rhythms.

Lol i wasnt one of those guys, I ended up going to the front, took out my earplugs and just sorta stood there in a daze
Definitely the loudest show ive seen, but not the most painful. They actually eq their shit correctly and my ears feel fine compared to other shows.. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did !

hell yeah! that was my third time seeing them and it was lovely as always. my body was so tired after that moreso than the first two times I saw them. great show as always

Lads, should I travel 8 hours to see them in NYC for the November show?
And sleep in the middle of the highway in my car? Is it worth it or they are planing to expand their tour?

I recently was on a very long car ride and listened to To be Kind and Glowing Mang in their entirety back to back and was completely enthralled the entire time. TbK feels far more sinister and GM takes more patience at times but man, that was a trip.

Question, is it worth getting these albums on vinyl? How do they sound? Are they significantly different from CD?

SEEING THEM LIVE IN 7 HOURS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>What's next for Gira?

am seeing Swans tonight yay

I actually really love TGA, but I feel as if it's overlooked or maybe it's not ~experimental~ enough for most Swans listeners.

have fun you two

Seer - Life/Earth
TBK - Death
GM - Rebirth/transcendence

i highly doubt this happened

I'm pretty sure.

I prefer The Seer and TBK but TGM is great and its title track is one of Swans' best songs.

It did tho

Same here, I never got the hype for The Seer

hahahaha I was right next to that guy he spilled beer all over me, wasn't too bad

Also verifying . Id be skeptical too lol

Where is that anti-drumpf track he promised?

prove it

Can't. Didn't feel like recording it. Some other people did though but they probably just put it on snapchat

>"YOUR NAME IS DRUMPF"

I love mosh pits, but Swans is not the kind of show where you'd start one. Gira is based. Give yourself to the music individually, meditate or something. Just don't start a pit.

it's well known Gira hates moshpits and that he will even stop playing when he sees one. Also are you aware of his stage behaviors during their early period? Gira intently stepped on the fingers of people resting them on the stage. Apparently he even once beat a man up who started headbanging to his music.

nigga go. When i last saw them in Barcelona they gave one of the best performances i've seen. I genuinely felt like i was transcending at Cloud of Unknowing. The way they layer sounds on top of one another blew my mind. Just when you think it can't get louder they push the sound further. It seemed to me like the music was an actual physical entity present with us, and everyone including the crowd was interacting with it. You'll never see this again.

i've seen Swans live and I know about his stage antics. however that was the '80s and he's an old man now. i find it hard to believe he'd have a physical confrontation with an audience member and nobody says anything except on Sup Forums

I can confirm last night though. He grabbed this dude by the hair and screamed at him. Didn't hear what was said though

you're making me wish I had recorded it now. I don't know if there's any way some random guy's snapchat video of it will be made available but he really did grab a dude by the hair for a few seconds and yell at him. Oh yeah and this happened during the climax of The Knot (everyone but Gira kept playing) so it was pretty fuckin' cool to watch

>44 replies
>27 posters

stop samefagging

why are you even here

if this is bait it's pretty good

My pick

The Seer>TGM>TBK

Where do I start

filth

Wow, an actually good Swans thread, never thought I'd see one

Didn't see anyone on the floor filming when it happened, but there was a balcony too so somebody could have caught it. Will update you if anyone uploads a video!

Depends on what you're familiar with. To Be Kind is maybe the easiest to enjoy.