Hey Sup Forums, what is Radioheads best album in your opinion...

Hey Sup Forums, what is Radioheads best album in your opinion? I'm at a phase in my life where I'm getting in deep with all these old artists that I knew only like one or two song from in high school. Of course everyone knows creep but I recently listened to pyramid song and they seem to have a pretty diverse sound, so give me your favorite album so I can listen to it on my drive to Richmond tonight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HeHqt9YcVDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why limit to best album. their best album is a collection of songs from bends to hail.

OK Computer

My personal favorite is Kid A, but that's the obvious choice. I'd say listen to Amnesiac for driving, the deluxe edition with all the b-sides if you can. It's just as good as Kid A, and has a lot of variety to it. If you like Pyramid Song, it's on there.
Also, if that's Richmond, Virginia, then either hello fellow Virginian or hello and welcome to Virginia, depending on if you live here already. Hope you have a safe drive!

4 me amsp is the best thing they've ever done tho that's not a popular opinion here.generally the consensus is that their best's either okc, kid a or in rainbows. however just listen to them all in chronologically starting from pablo and decide on ur own. u should also probably listen to them more then once otherwise i think ppl just dismiss them as boring or whtevr but, and ik it's cringe to hear but ppl just wont get it otherwise, and im not saying that like their le ebin most experimental band evaaa zxddd or nything its just like that 4 most bands rly

AMSP is fucking great. I'd agree that listening chronologically is a good idea. Personally, though, I'd skip Pablo Honey. That's personal preference, but I think it just pales in comparison to everything else they've made.

I plan to listen to all their albums, but I just wanted suggestions on where to start

Yup! Driving up from Newport News, thank you fellow 'ginian

Thanks for the suggestion, even though your grammar gave me a brain tumor

i do agree tht ph is p. shit compared 2 the rest but still think its worth listening 2 personally, couple of good tracks and v. important and interesting album 4 the band

Oh shit, I have family in Newport News! I've heard it's nice there.

Honestly all their albums are of high quality with just a few dips. Best start to finish is extremely subjective because whatever sound they do, they do it incredibly well. My personal fav is In Rainbows. It's so lush and warm and comfy. Probably general consensus tho is OK Computer with OKNOTOK

"nice" is stretching it a bit, but hey thanks for the sentiment. City Center and around the CNU campus are pretty good areas

I mean anywhere's probably nicer than living in a middle-of-nowhere dying small town. I'm biased, of course.

this video got me into Radiohead

youtube.com/watch?v=HeHqt9YcVDs

>getting into radiohead as an adult

hail to the theif or amsp

;weird fishes got me hooked

>Not available in your country
Huh, that's a first for me.

Listen to them in chronological order you dolt.

I feel like I'm the only one that highly dislikes post-OKC Radiohead.
Am I not listening to it right or what? Or do I just have shitty taste?

Kid A > Amnesiac > the others

The King of Limbs is the most pure Radiohead album.
It has all of the melodic and rhythmic elements they explored through they're discography while leaving behind their sadboi reconstruction of U2's Achtung Baby and Zooropa period.

There's no right or wrong way to listen to anything. If you dislike something, that's fine! Everyone has different tastes, and that's what makes discussion interesting, because you can see what someone else likes and hear why they like it, and if you dislike it you can have a discussion about it.
Unless you're on here, in which case everyone will shit in your throat for not liking what they like.

>shit in your throat
is it wrong that i kind of want this

you seems like normie who doesn't like TKOL and AMSP

i mean i won't say you're wrong for it but i just think it's gross

Amensiac>The King of Limbs>Kid A>A Moon Shaped Pool>OK Computer>Hail to the Thief>In Rainbows>The Bends>Pablo Honey

OKC > KIDA > Bends > In Rainbows > TKOL > Hail to the Thief> AMSP > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey

fix'd

OKC > KIDA > Amnesiac > In Rainbows > Bends > Hail to the Thief> AMSP > TKOL >>>> Pablo Honey
Fixed.

>Hey Sup Forums, what is Radioheads best album in your opinion?

There's no such thing, only the worst, which is Pablo Honey, and that's still a very good album. Their other stuff is so otherworldly good, that it transcends ranking. I would normally advice starting out with The Bends, OK Computer, or In Rainbows, though oddly enough, I was introduced through Kid A, so you really can't go wrong with anything after Pablo Honey.

Pablo Honey is very banal, very naive, yet it's so sincere that I can't help but adore it. Plenty of acoustic guitars and young angst.

The Bends is very accessible, since it's straight-up alternative rock. Very direct, very to the point, but a lot deeper and more mature than Pablo Honey.

OK Computer is probably the greatest album of the 90s. It's grand, it's bold, it's beautiful. It's serene, yet violent; whimpering, yet powerful. Pretty much required listening.

Kid A is were the electronics kick into overdrive. Very dark, very eerie, very apocalyptic. It's a scary album.

Amnesiac is underrated. It's just as dark, eerie, and apocalyptic as Kid A, but also a bit more organic and primal. Kid A was the death of something good; Amnesiac is the birth of something wicked.

Hail To The Thief feels more contemporary. Tons of bleeps and bloops, but it's a bit less eerie, and a lot more aggressive. It's a lot more tangible, but no less dangerous.

In Rainbows is very easy on the ears, for the most part. The songs are less raw, and more sophisticated. It lacks the cohesion of its predecessors, but the compositions themselves are immaculate.

King Of Limbs is their most alienating album. Tons of polyrhythms and wonky song structures. It's very ethereal, and probably their most inaccessible work. It's great, but it feels incomplete, like it's only the first half of something.

A Moon Shaped Pool is very quiet and probably their most somber work yet. It's incredibly beautiful. Perfect night music.

Kid A, OKC, and TKOL are their best albums.
Don't bother with PH or HTTT.

Honestly, Radiohead is krautrock inspired pop rock. Great band, but that's what it is. I feel you ought to start at In Rainbows, it's a great starting point that gives you a feel of what the band is a whole.