Any read this yet? Which musician autobiographies have you enjoyed?

Any read this yet? Which musician autobiographies have you enjoyed?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Tainted-Life-Autobiography-Marc-Almond/dp/0330372017/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503774378&sr=8-3&keywords=marc almond book
mega.nz/#!cqpEkC7a!DRltoldoCGBxL1FfQskMjEsRJSnxm7ntQvRs_97mZpM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipgnosis
youtube.com/watch?v=hSGDJLIy1Pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I did, it was good and made me apreciate Cris Carter a lot more, also gave me some unexpected feels.
I know the feud with Gen is pretty much a he-said/she-said drama but the fact that there was almost no name-dropping in her book (something Gen does everytime he can) and the way she tells it, I believe her. Even if she got some Coil facts wrong its nice to know her side of the story. Good read

I enjoyed Al Jurgensens bio a lot too, its really fun and he doesnt hold up anything, made me respect him a lot more.
Basically the oposite of Kim Gordons which is basically "first world problems but i'm a woman", can believe that book did well, its well writen but she's a major self absorbed cunt, the fact she spends more pages dissing on Courtey Love and only mentions Lee Ranaldo once speaks miles. Good for Thurston for leaving her.

kim is a stupid person. all her other flaws stem from that. like shes an actual idiot.

Kim's book did seem to be her reminding you that she's cooler than you. The only name she wouldn't drop was the woman who cucked her (anyone know who it was?)

Probably just a random groupie/manager/promoter/publicists not famous, if it was someone known we would already know, doubt Thurston could hide a relationship with someone like Alice Glass just to name someone

Marc Almond autobiographie when?

Just imagine the stories he can tell, dude went through everything

>made me apreciate Cris Carter a lot more
this. he's probably the least "in the spotlight" member of Throbbing Gristle but contributed a huge amount. Cosey seems pretty cool and unpretentious. Made for a nice read even if it maybe could have been edited down a bit.

Motherfucker: The Book

I have good news, user.
amazon.com/Tainted-Life-Autobiography-Marc-Almond/dp/0330372017/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503774378&sr=8-3&keywords=marc almond book

nah its eva prinz

Cool, will check it out, but that cover alone doesnt give me much hope

>Published in 2000
So Peter and Sleazy where still alive when he released it, that rules out what could easily be the most interesting chapter

Hes about to drop a new album soon, hope it does well and writes a follow up, its been 17 years and hes still alive and touring.

A B-52s bio could be really cool too, specially if Keith writes it

since where at it: anyone has a link to "Englands Hidden Reverse"? just remembered I wanted to read that book but never found a copy

This is pretty good

>Even if she got some Coil facts wrong
like what?

mega.nz/#!cqpEkC7a!DRltoldoCGBxL1FfQskMjEsRJSnxm7ntQvRs_97mZpM
A download link for anyone interested.

danke schön

k

cant remember now but there was a whole thread in the Coil fb group about it. The main part was that she talked about Sleazys will, and it is known he left no will at all. Also Sleazy and Geoff didnt meet in the Heathen Earth session, it happened later.
Nothing major, concessus among Coil fans (and past members/friends) is that it's a good book and she probably just has some memories scrambled

not shure, but now I really want to know what did Gen do to Geoff and Sleazy when they left PTV. I heard some horror stories but they are probably BS, and since the're both dead it's hard to know
Maybe Alex Fergusson or can shed some light at a point, all we know so far is that GPO is a major asshole and we might have to wait until s/he dies to find out all the dirt.

I just wish sleazy and john could have been a happy successful gay couple to prove that we have a chance at true love
also just bought the book really been excited to read it

damn why was sleazy always looking so smug?

because his parents where rich af and he designed a lot of iconic album covers
but mainly, drugs

Because he got away with serial child rape

this
nice meme

Been meaning to read Cosey's book ever since it came out. Yet to get around to it though.

Renegade is my go-to Fall book but this one is excellent as well, as is The Fallen.

>Renegade
good shit

he basically invented the sampler

a lot to be smug about

what he design. i love coil's music but never got into their personal lifes

He worked for Hipgnosis who basically did every famous album cover ever:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipgnosis

he was a pretty accomplished photographer in the music industry

damn this is so cool. guy is my hero now
>time to spend weeks looking up all his interviews

coil interviews are great. really any industrial interviews are great, the genre is just filled with amazing and JUST people
youtube.com/watch?v=hSGDJLIy1Pc

my gf found it in a second hand book shop with a (literally) gay love letter inside it dated 2000...kind of sad in a way :(

i know he's a douche and it came out very early in his career, but marilyn manson's auto is surprisingly good

wow that's actually sad. Gay love is troublesome and rough

Porcelain: A Memoir by Moby.
Too bad none of you pussies will take my rec seriously because you piss yourselves when anything left-wing comes up. Faggots.

moby is poopy

I read Amanda Palmers book which is kinda autobiographic and although it was overall pretty good.

why is it good?

bump