Real talk, why exactly is Creep their most famous song...

Real talk, why exactly is Creep their most famous song? I get that a lot of their stuff is too strange and inaccessible for mass appeal, but why doesn't something that's easily digestible, yet obviously superior, get the same amount of attention, like Nude, Fake Plastic Trees, or Let Down?

Because it resonates with people; everyone thinks that song is about them.

It was their first big hit as a new buzz band in the grunge era and marketed heavily.

Other songs they did later weren't as accessible to the mainstream nor were they riding on the back of a mainstream musical trend.

>a lot of their stuff is too strange and inaccessible for mass appeal
This what Radiohead fans actually believe

They got famouse due to the grunge craze of the early-mid 90's and Creep sounds like a grunge song. Then the song stuck as a classic hit of the era like Smeels Like Teen Spirit, Song 2, Black Hole Sun, etc.

>anything radiohead has ever created
>strange or inaccessible

Jesus Christ Radiohead fans really do think they're the most experimental group ever, don't they

I agree, I've never really liked creep. People just love that crunchy Jonny greenwood guitar riff tho

let me guess. you like rap very much?

Believe it or not, most normies actually do find Radiohead inaccessible. Some think it's just noise, some think it's just bleeps and bloops, some think it's just depressing. I've met people who unironically think that Pablo Honey is their best album, and read articles claiming that Creep and True Love Waits are their only listenable songs.

Never underestimate how easily alienated the masses are.

Nope, noise rock, bebop, free jazz, folk, math rock and shibuya-kei are my favorite genres friend :)

The bends and ok computer regularly get radio play, as well as a single off of moon shaped pool, radiohead is not that fucking obscure, calm your hard on

What a loser. You're probably a creep.

This is 100% true. For the mayority of people Radiohead is to weird for them.

He didn't say they were obscure.

WEW lad I'm sorry you're angry that your "experimental" gods are nothing more then just one level above your average alt-rock schlock

It's grungy and full of teen angst, and came out right at the time when that shit was all over the radio.

Honestly Radiohead is pretty weird and bizarre for normies.

This is true where I live and I'm from South America.

Experiment does not equall good. There plenty of shitty experimental groups. Yea Radiohead maybe not as experimental as your favorite obscure free jazz band, but they experiment more than your average alt rock band (Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Muse, etc).

Being better then shit doesn't make them good either, they're nothing all that interesting beyond their first two albums, and radiohead gets played right with those artists on any alt-rock station, so they can't be that experimental, buddy

"Normies" can't get into Radiohead because Radiohead is extremely depressing and humorless (contrast this with the Smiths, who were depressing but in a tongue in check way). It has nothing to due with the music's complexity, subtlety, artistic-merit, strangeness, etc. People just don't like feeling sad. I only liked for Radiohead when I was depressed. There were all I listened too for about 18 months. I've barely listened to them for about 5 years.

Nice meme. Radiohead is normie trash.

I think they're the perfect band for helping anxiety and depression

I just don't get it. And I really have tried to listen to this band. And unfortunately I enjoy their most normie songs like: karma police, there there, just, fake plastic trees, house of cards, the national anthem, creep, etc.

Their first 2 album are actually the least experimental.

Hating on Radiohead shows the inner pleb in all of you

It's a good band, who suffers like most of the popular things, from insufferable faggots as the fanbase.

They don't get as much play on as those bands on alt-rock stations. And when they are played, they only play Creep, Karma Police, and Fake Plastic Trees (well at least on the mainstream alt-stations).

>hating on a trite angsty pop-rock makes you a pleb
What did he mean by this?

Like I said, never underestimate how easily alienated the average listener is. I don't think Radiohead is inaccessible or esoteric, even though they're my favorite band, but I've seen people plug their ears over Just. Fucking Just.

The fact that No Surprises is a melancholic song written in Bb melodic minor and played on a xylophone is just too much for some people, and that's one of their most famous songs.

This.

True.

Pleb.

Man, those guys should listen to more music.
And that's the reason the notion of seening Radiohead as band for critics or whatever pedantic term people use.

Yeah, Radiohead is definitely in a weird spot. Honestly, in a way I would compare them to The Beatles (not the tracks everyone knows), because while it's pretty entry-level and not that experimental, it's just experimental enough that there will be people claiming it's "just noise" (I've had this happen to 15 Step and I'm Only Sleeping, for example), even though there are really high pop sensibilities on those songs and the experimentation is minimal.

>Real talk, why exactly is Creep their most famous song?
Because it sounds catchy. You are waaaaaay overthinking this desu