Thoughts?

Pretty good, not great, but good

absolutely love it tbqh one of my fav albums, i'm a sucker for those sweet melodies. new singles rock too, can't wait for new album

Would be a 10/10 pop album if it was longer, Molly is a top tier qt though. Adult Diversion is my fav.

HEEEEEEEEEYYYYY
HEEEEEEEEEYYYYY

MARRRRRRRRRYYY MEEE ARCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I liked it but all hype for the new album has got me worried its going to be a turd

Just saw them live, it was fucking great. Molly a cute.

Were they selling physical copies Antisocialites at the merch table yet?

i dont like it, it just sounds so plain nothing new.
molly is a qt absolutely true.
about the new album im worried its gonna sound plain again cause i was so hyped with IN UNDERTOW, one of the best songs ive listened in my life

it's nothing too interesting
but
it makes me happy.

Nope, only the debut.

She's average at best though

It makes me unbearably nostalgic.

I can't get into this album. IDK if it's too experimental for me or what. I love Fantastic Damage, The Cold Vein, No Love Deep Web, and a lot more experimental hip hop but I just can't get into this one. Maybe the production is too cheesy and tries too hard to change up the song, idk.

It's okay, friend, one day you'll acknowledge Alvvays as the greatest hip hop group of all time.

Eh

I went in expecting some some pretty good genuine pop music, instead I got generic Urban Outfitters background music.

I don't get the hype for this. There were dozens of bands in the early 2010's that sound just like this. Why does this album in particular gets so much attention?

what are you talking about, Alvvays is experimental hip hop. WAY too experimental for this poor soul here

the melodies and mixing make the album realy enjoyable

sadly, they dropped everything that was good on their new songs/album

name some

if you can't hear the obvious ear for melody molly has you're deaf

they're leagues ahead of other indie-pop

that said, the album isn't a 10/10 or anything. it's just great indie pop with perfect melodies

I never said it was bad. It's catchy and the album is very pleasant to listen to. I was just expecting something more than just run-of-the-mill indie pop.

>run-of-the-mill indie pop

i don't think it's run of the mill, that was my point. i hear tons of absolute shit indie pop, this is just catchier and has great melodies

but i guess i get where you're coming from. a lot of people have fantano shit for not liking the album but it would have been dumb if he had liked it. he doesn't really seem to have an interest in melody as much as he has an interest in an artist doing something entirely new (or trying to anyway)

Well the pop songwriting is better than Real Estate, Beach Fossils, and Best Coast so saying it's run-of-the-mill isn't totally accurate. But yeah the "blandness" of the "sound" could put people off.

A FUCKING LEAF

Daily reminder Molly assulted a cop back in 2010

I guess it's just the "blandness" of the "sound" like you said. All those groups you mentioned more or less sound the same to me. I'll give this record a couple of more listens to see if it grows on me.

she has a cute lead singer
that's it
same reason why Chvrches get attention - because of the cute lead singer that everyone wants to fuck
I can bet that only like 20% of their "fans" actually care about the music

that's because they genuinely do sound the same. but if you really can't tell why alvvays sounds better than real estate idk what to tell you

real estate is the personification of the word "bland"

I don't understand why Fantano hates this band so much. They are nothing espectacular or anything, but they are better that many shitty bands Fantano has praised.

they're not PoCs

this

Yeah right? It's reslly weird. I feel that the 3 new singles are very good, but he gave them a "meh".

bump

Really refreshing when I heard it for the first time last year. Great summer album. Molly has a pouty, unattainable vibe about her that really fits the lyrics and her flat, somewhat blasé style of singing.

absolutely goat album. been holding off on the new singles to listen to it all at once.

alvvaays can actually write a song, tho. churches are just terrible and have no knack for pop hooks.

bullshit I don't even know what she looks like

What is the cover picture from?

What's the best moment from the three singles so far?

Mine has to be 'WHO RAN FROM ROMAN CANDLES'