CALLING ALL GENIUSES OF Sup Forums

CALLING ALL GENIUSES OF Sup Forums

IF YOU SOLVE THIS then you're a fucking lifesaver. College physics is hassle as fuck but I just need to solve this one last problem. Pic related.

I got a=9.8 sin theta as my answer but is there a way to actually get a real value with this??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo66FCEDnm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For now, imma bump with random shit

Find the angle
Sum of all forces acting on the block I'd the force then simple manipulation to get a

multiply 1200kg by gravity

I'm dumber than bricks so can you show how to get theta user

Kinda did that already. Fg ends up to be 1200 kg * 9.8 m/s^2

Honestly I think you've got the answer with 9.8m/s^2 * sin(theta), but I'm definitely no expert.

dubs check'd. I feel like I got the answer already too, but I need to be 100% sure

The 1200kg doesn't matter, you need to find acceleration, not net force. You can't find theta unless it is provided to you, or the question is asking you to find the angle of the ramp given x amount of acceleration. You shouldn't have to find a numerical value.

Shouldn't it be 9.8/tan(theta)? Given you want the acceleration on the hypotenuse due to the projection of g on the slope. If tan() = opposite/hypotenuse then dividing by tan (theta) and multiplying by the acceleration on the opposite (gravity) you are left with the acceleration on the hypotenuse

>tan = opp/hyp
wat

Someone really needs to invent an app that uses the camera to scan math problems and solves them with wolfram alpha or some shit.

Makes sense. I guess a= 9.8 * sin theta might be the answer then.

i would usually let the thread die but imma post moar memes

wai wai wai one by one fagits. lemme show you a similar solution I got from jewtube

Remember the SOHCAHTOA

Shit you're right then it's divide by sin(theta) drinking and math dont mix for me

Dividing by sin(theta) would result in an acceleration larger than gravitational acceleration. You want to multiply here.

dubs checked btw

here fagits my solution's basically what this guy did

It's g/sin(theta) it's like canceling out to solve the hyp

9.8m/s**2 * sin(theta)

jfc do you not know soh/cah/toa?
sin = opp/hyp
therefore, hyp (i.e. a) = opp (i.e. g) / sin(theta)

Sooo this YT link is wrong ish?

Dayuuuum fagits getting dubs left and right.
But we're finding acceleration tho. Why solve for the Hyp?

it's just mass*acceleration * sin of whatever the angle is.

>a = g * sin θ

You can tell Sup Forums is full of retarded underage fgts these days because they need shit like this solved.

dont divide. Break the downward force (g*m) into the parallel and perpendicular components

m*g*sin(theta) in the parallel direction

m*g*cos(theta) in the perpendicular direction

Nornal force due to newton's opposite and equal reaction law cancels out the latter force (so the block stays on the plane).

We're just left with the m*g*sin(theta) running parallel to the plane.

This is incorrect, think about what the values actually represent in terms of this problem.

If there is no ramp, the block is either falling vertically, or already resting on level ground.

Vertical would be theta=90°, sin of which is one. 1*9.8m/s^2= 9.8m/s^2. As the angle becomes more acute, sin(theta) becomes smaller and smaller, becoming 0 at theta=0°.

The steeper the ramp, the faster the block will accelerate, and the shallower the ramp, the slower it will accelerate. Since gravity is the force acting on the block, and your force vector points straight down, you need the trigonometric function related to that force vector, i.e. sin.

>mass*acceleration * sin of whatever the angle is

The text isn't asking for the force, dingus.

And this is why I never pursued a career in physics... I was following for a bit but they totally lost me...

Should I drop down on my knees and suck you off then daddy? Will you show me the solution by then?

Wait so you have to use 90 degrees somehow?

Tbh, you sound like you know your shit though.

i can't let this thread die on me goddamit.

I know you're probably tired and sick of doing physics hw, but stay with me.

It's not that you need to use 90 degrees, it's just another way to visualize the problem.

Imagine the ramp being used in this image is some shallow angle, like 15 degrees. Think about how fast a block sitting on some logs would roll down that if you let it go at the top of the ramp, from a standstill.

Now imagine it again at 45 degrees. I mean it, visualize the ramp and the block. How much faster does it roll down the ramp?

Now imagine the ramp keeps getting steeper and steeper, such that it is no longer a ramp, but a vertical wall (aka 90 degrees). The block doesn't roll down the ramp anymore; it is in freefall.

What happens when you take the sin of those 3 angles and multiply them by g? The shallower the angle, the smaller the acceleration value, right? This should make sense, if you think about how fast the block should be rolling down those angles.

Then divide the force you get by the objects mass in newtons and you'll have acceleration. Boom problem solved.

Integrate acceleration and youll have velocity.

Regardless this shit cant be solved because the angle is unknown. rape my purple fag ass

dubs check'd. thanks user. Ill let this gay ass thread die now

Good luck user, and don't get discouraged! Remember to visualize the problems you get stuck on, and apply the things you already know about the world to work your way through them.

>Integrate acceleration and youll have velocity.

Nonsense. Determine the difference in potential energy between the two positions and determine the velocity via the kinetic energy, noob.