Wah the NBA schedule is too rough on the players! We need to change it!

>wah the NBA schedule is too rough on the players! We need to change it!
meanwhile the NHL has the same type of schedule, is a faster paced game, is longer, is rougher, and nobody complains at all
Why are NBA players such pansies?

niggers need a welfare schedule

Why the need for so many games anyways, actually? I know, this might sound really europoorish, but wouldn't improve the quality of the games played?

What do you expect from a bunch of lanklets OP?

Basketball is harder on the joints, has much bigger players, and requires more athleticism. Hockey is a luxury white people sport

>requires more athleticism
Holy fucking retard spotted

>harder on the joints
are NBA players smashing into each other at 15 miles an hour too?

that's just bruises, you can play through those, especially upper body ones. Basketball is definitely tougher on the joints

NHL players in their 40s and late 30s is far more common than NBA players those ages, basically proves the NBA is more athletically demanding, hockey is a skill sport more than anything.

Average Minutes a game for Lebron James: 40 minutes
Average minutes a game for Alex Ovechkin: 21 minutes

I am more of a hockey guy but don't be silly OP.

It proves that white people stay more athletic as they age.

> thats just bruises you can play through those
And yet basketball players never do

>40 mins of standing around/jogging

Vs

>20 mins of skating hard and hitting/getting hit

And LeBron still sits out games left and right to "rest"

NBA is a pussy league

>NBA
Lebron gets cramps and has to be carried off the field in the fucking finals

>NHL
Richard Zednik gets his carotid artery slashed by a blade and just casually skates back to the bench to get treated.

I mean NBA is just a bunch of faggots, literal 7 foot 300 lbs men acting like little girls.

What? Hockey players frequently play with broken ribs or other limbs. Brad Marchand (I believe it was him) had a punctured lung (?) during the playoffs in 2013

Like many have said, NBA players are bigger and heavier

I know it's hard for manlets to fathom, but when you're bigger it's harder on the body. This is why bugger people live much shorter lives than small people.

I only follow hockey but this bait is gay as fuck

It was Patrice Bergeron You FUCKING PLEB

>manlets

I'm sure churro knows how NBA players feel

I remember Andrea Bargnani had his appendix taken out one season while with the raptors and he was out for more than a month, a hockey player had his appendix taken out the same season and was playing again two days later.

Well a lot of these NBA players could actually play every game without resting, but they know they don't have to and they would rather be fresh for the playoffs. Being like 10% better in the playoffs due to rest is more important than winning 5 regular season games or whatever if you are a title contending team

Reminder that rugby is far more elite than either of these sports.

Real answer: giantlets are more fragile. They're too big for good health.

>muh bloodsport

>40 mins of jumping arouind and sprinting up and down an NBA size court

>20 mins of sliding around on ice

Woah, I can do it too!

>20 min of skating hard
>Literally half of the dmen in the league slowly skate forward on the breakout and dump the puck in the corners

I love hockey and hate basketball, but l o fucking l

Regular season hockey can get really boring. I wish we would just have a 20-40 game regular season and go into the playoffs. NHL players may not ask for rest like NBA players do, but they show it in their play. There are whole games of dump the puck in the corner, stand over the puck for 15 seconds, get off the ice, take a shot from the blue-line, etc.

I like hockey a lot more than basketball, but let's be real. Skating on ice just doesn't compare to running up and down a court. Consider, Mario Lemieux played half his career with herniated discs, tendinitis in his hips, chronic back pain, and fucking cancer, all to the point where he couldn't even tie his own skates, yet he continued to put up league leading numbers. You can't run up and down a court, let alone jump, shoot, and make the necessary quick movements in basketball, in that kind of condition.

It's funny how this wasn't an issue 10-20 years when basketball was more physical. Players these days are just soft

>the only arguments are if the players are pussies or not
Jesus christ what a bunch of niggers, do you care about the actual game at all? Having your players play a ridiculous amount of meaningless regular season games lowers the quality of play by a lot.

82 games wasn't an issue 10+ years ago. why is it an issue now?

basketball is played by huge deformed apes that are prone to injury. even just lying in bed is hard for a 2 meter tall person.

meanwhile ice hockey is played by literal cubes that can survive even a cut to the throat. also hockey involves much less sudden direction changing so it doesnt wear their feet off. in this regard eveb normal hockey is more dangerous than ice hockey.

Basketball players don't wear safety equipment. Checkmate white bois.

It was and still is.

Motherfucking Patrick Roy the GOAT

t. negroid

Because the act of running, pivoting, jumping is much harder on the lower body. Specifically the knees, ankles and feet.
Skating has less impact. Even if the hits are much harder in the NHL, the glass flexes to reduce impact and they're wearing more safety gear.
They have very different types of injuries. I'm sure the NHL has many more instances of concussions that go untreated. You don't see a throat get slashed in the NBA, but you don't see legs snap in half like twigs in the NHL.

It's also a reason why elite hockey players can perform well into their 40's, where even the best NBA players become husks in their mid thirties.

no, catering to them will just turn them into bigger divas

What the fuck is that?