Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

This is the face of a broken college student. I am a Biomed Major, soon to be a Chem major with a Minor in Bio. I get 15-20 hours of sleep a week on a good week and 10-15 on a bad week. I eat maybe once a day at most, and drink a pot of coffee in one sitting. If I'm not in class or working, I'm in my room studying. If I'm lucky I get to see my Girlfriend once maybe twice a week.

My Question is, are there any fellow Biomed/Chem/Physics Majors out there that are going through the same struggle that I am? Also are there any other majors out there that think their major is as hard or harder then Biomed/Chem/Physics?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks

how old are you bro bro

22 in February

Start searching for places to work early.

>student
>struggles
Life is tough.

Go into pharmaceutical. Get something other than bio as minor. Trust me.

Don't be a little bitch. Stop exaggerating, its not that bad. Even if it is that bad, you have the power to change it and are actively choosing not to.

I Would love to do that, but my girlfriend, soon to be wife, doesn't want to live in Michigan anymore, but doesn't know exactly where she wants to live.

But that is very good advice thank you

I love the chemistry of medicine, and I was planning on going down that path, What minor would you recommend?

OP fuck that shit. Tell her to sort herself out or you're getting a job where you are, else you'll be staying in Michigan wallowing in debt forever and your marriage will end in a divorce with her taking half of the money you don't even have.

I wish I was Exaggerating, but unfortunately I am telling the truth. But thanks for the "tough love" I need that every now and then, instead of the whole "everything will work out, it'll be ok speech"

Show me your butthole. No cleaning.

Fair enough, but still. If you aren't exaggerating, there is no reason you should be getting only 15-20 hours of sleep on the regular unless you've got a second life. Second lives are generally a negative part of your life. Make the decision to fix that shit or accept that your life is miserable and stop complaining.

>Physics phd fag here

You adapt to it. It's only hard if your working against it but eventually you'll wrap you life around it. That's probably the best advice I've been given anyway.

More tough love I love it, We will probably stay in Michigan, she claims she wants to be a working mom but i have a good feeling after the first kid she will give up her job.

Go medical

It's hard to reccomend. I've been out of school for 6+ years, it's not bio. Business is a good option too.

biomedical informatics major. I'm basically your major mixed with a computer science major.

it's 1130 and im not even dressed yet, i'm getting high and gonna go in at 2. I get As and Bs. You probably have some combination of shitty study and time management skills, or youre taking more than 16 credits. it shouldnt be as much work as you describe.

If I go back and i might. I'll go with bioengineering and I'll power trough it. I'm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THIS

>I eat maybe once a day at most

You're a liar. You look fat af.

I want to fix it thats why I asked, none of my friends or family understand the struggle, so I came here in hopes to find fellow students who understand the struggle and could possible share their thoughts, advice, and maybe their own problems.

Nice Dubs btw

Medical is fucking tough, bunch of retards have too much power. Nobody is willing to take risks at 90% chance and let people die at 30% survival rate. Everything is about money, nothing is about advancement. Learn law and get ready to be poisoned. Or drop up because sooner or later you'll know what I mean.

>so busy
but still have time to post on Sup Forums

Physics here. Brutally challenging a lot of the time, so I appreciate the struggle.

I'd sometimes have a week or two like that, but it shouldn't be every week. Sleeping so little suggests poor time management. Are you collaborating with fellow students on problem sets? Or just grinding alone? The flip side of that is many people in my major would sit in the physics study room "doing homework" literally all day every day, when clearly they were not always being productive.

tl;dr find people you trust to work with. Take a pass at the homework for a couple hours alone. Meet them and discuss where you each struggle, work through some of it. Go back home and polish it up yourself. When you get stuck/burnt out, go exercise. Will do way more for your motivation than playing vidya.

I drink nothing but pop, but it isnt a lie im on vyvanse which makes it so im never hungry, i only eat because i know i have to

>no sleep
>no food
>excessive coffee
Have you ever considered that your uhhh... biomedical habits could be a cause of your disquiet as opposed to a symptom? I'm an oldfag but I've worked in extreme pressure scenarios for my adult life and somehow exceed my peers while working less.

You are caught in the workaholic trap where you believe your cognition is a function only of the time spent toiling and not of your productivity or retention during that time. Sleep/downtime is a part of your job, it needs to be given time like any other piece of homework or study regimen. Good nutrition is another crucial factor. If you don't consider those two things to be critical success factors, you will make it through your youth (probably) but will fizzle out when the pressure cooker heats up later in life. You need to learn these coping skills now, even the most stalwart warhorse will still begin breaking at a fundamental and medical level without them. It's just a matter of time.

If you're broke, buy the goya bags of any of these staples:
Beans
Lentils
Rice/Quinoa

They're a few dollars at most for several weeks' supply and along with some spices are delicious. Some fresh vegetables mixed in, etc. Make an effort to cut down on coffee particularly when not paired with calories. If you're like me and just need to be drinking it all the time, make it weaker or make half-decaf.

It's not rocket science, tending to your quality of life as a critical path item is the most important piece of advice I can give you.

I don't know what your second life is or whether you're just a fool with time management issues. My advice is to cut the garbage out of your life even if it means sacrificing familiarity. That way, you can focus on the important things and at least lead a shitty life with money as opposed to a shitty life without money.

Three years ago was working on a contract for a rolling stock manufacturer (freight train cars) massive order for TTX.
First year got into a lead hand position and they changed the schedule from 8 hour rotating weekly to 10 hour rotating weekly.
Thing was the second shift was night 8 pm - 6 am. Brutal.
I worked every Friday and Saturday, plus lead hands had to show up an hour early before shift.

Did that for 2 years.
But the experience got me into a better job now I work steady days, good pay, and with a solid conpany. Paid for school in cash, the struggle of getting 4 hours of sleep a day paid off.
Work hard now benefit later.

Got 5 hours on average of sleep while serving in the navy, working 36 hour shifts. You'll be alright butter cup, once you're done with school you'll be on easy street.

Best case you'll land 75k a year job. 15 hour shifts with difficult agendas. At the end before you are to get promoted you'll be replaced. If you're lucky you will find another job within 10 months where all of your money will be spent on bills and college loans. If you're lucky you'll get out of the chem and become a sales man. Then you'll be making around 130k a year with a good chance for promotion.

/bread

>when I'm not in class or working
>working

Thats awesome man, and maybe the work isnt as hard as i describe it to be, i have a tendency to over complicate things, and instead of accepting something as fact I question it.

I guess it sucks to suck.

u look like lil pump

>my Girlfriend

If you were expecting us to sympathize with you, you should not have mentioned this.

Fuckin kek, I became a doctor and a lawyer in just 6 weeks at the University of Pheonix, guess I'm smarter than all you fucks put together.

it's too hot in phoenix.

I went to art school spent all of my time working, spent all of my food money on amphetamines, think I OD'd once or twice, dropped out

>>/fit

I know I need to workout, I've started doing simple workouts in my room between long study sesions

I have considered all of that, I know I need to change my ways, and I'm slowly working on it but its going to take a while. But thank you for your comment it was very insightful and I appreciate that

I don't know who that is, or if that's a complement

Thank you for your service man, i couldn't imagine working a 36 hour shift that's insane