Did they ever top this?

Did they ever top this?

Maybe with Aqualung
Depends if you prefer one big epic or a bunch of shorter tunes

It's literally the best prog album ever made, so no...

>It's literally the best prog album ever made
except you're wrong

>*cough*

try again

bitch please

didn't even try

*blocks your path*

Step aside, pussies

little babbies, watch this

hey kiddos

your all gay

End of the thread.

I can't get into this album. IDK if it's too experimental for me or what. I love Fantastic Damage, The Cold Vein, No Love Deep Web, and a lot more experimental hip hop but I just can't get into this one. Maybe the production is too cheesy and tries too hard to change up the song, idk.

forced as fuck

Thanks for the recs guys.

>

/thread

it's been fun

I love all these albums, but let's not forget...

Benefit is pretty underrated.

I think you guys are forgetting the true best prog album.

>perfectly good thread quickly turns into a quintessential example of a prog circle jerk

This Was [Island, 1969]

Ringmaster Ian Anderson has come up with a unique concept that combines the worst of Arthur Brown, Roland Kirk, and your local G.O. blues band. I find his success very depressing. C-

Stand Up [Island, 1969]

Fans of the group claim it's a great album. I am not a fan of the group. I think it is an adequate album. B-

Benefit [Island, 1970]

Ian Anderson is the type of guy who attracts admirers by means of a principled arrogance that has little if anything to do with his musical accomplishments. He does admittedly have one great gift--he knows how to deploy riffs. Nearly every track on the album is constructed around a good one, sometimes two, and after a couple of listens, you'll have practically the entire thing memorized. But I defy you to recall any lyrics. For all his careful wordcraft and en-un-ci-at-ion, Anderson creates the impression that he either can't or won't care about his chief theme, which I take to be love/friendship/privacy or something along those lines. The verbiage isn't unusually obscure, but it does make it very hard to concentrate. I'm sure I hear at least one satirical exegesis on the generation gap, though. C+

Aqualung [Island, 1971]

Ian Anderson is like the town freethinker. As long as you're stuck in the same small town as him, his inchoate cultural interests and skeptical views on religion and human nature can come off as refreshing. Meet up with him in the big city however and he comes across as a real bore. Of course, he can also turn out to be Bob Dylan, it all depends on whether he rejected small town life out of a desire for more, or out of a more reflexive (and somatic) negativity. Or whether he was arrogant simply because he didn't know any better. C+

Thick as a Brick [Island, 1972]

Ian Anderson is the guy who will tell you that one album constitutes a single song and then on the next album that one side constitutes a theme. The usual shit--rock (getting heavier), folk (getting feyer), flute (getting better because it has no choice), words. C-

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

personally, its the only album that tull has put out that I liked a lot

maybe, if only the B side wasnt absolute trash

trash
especially in absentia, god, whoever posted porcupine tree please kill yourself

Go dance on a volcano you plebs

That's not an inch prog, that just weirded out stoner metal.

Nah man, it's not a centimeter stoner metal. It's prog metal all the way.

only the title track is good though
same with 2112
i got memed on by them