Do you think Male Pattern Baldness will ever be cured?

Do you think Male Pattern Baldness will ever be cured?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robinseatonjefferson/2017/09/29/company-uses-patients-own-cells-to-put-an-end-to-baldness-aging-skin-and-tendon-degeneration/
bernsteinmedical.com/answers/do-finasteride-propecia-and-minoxidil-rogaine-work-on-the-front-part-of-the-scalp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, when genetic engineering takes off, that will eventually be a possibility. It will definitely not be the first problem to be solved, though.

bump

boomp

faggots I bet you guys are bald

Cured?
It's as much of a disease as aging.

Yes its called propecia

It already is cured.
Now if you're talking about growing your hair back after you lost it. Nope, impossible.

Why would you want to suppress the visual indication of your test? If you arent fat or ugly being bald looks great.

I'm going to watch The Shield again

>t. bald half full guy

I'm not fully bald yet but the pattern is strong. I just started shaving my head and let my stubble stick around. People avoid me more in public and I'm sleeping with more women than with hair.

I hope you don't think how many women you sleep with is related to anything other than your mental state.

bump

Permanent limp dick.
No thanks.

no.

It already has been. All men who go bald should identify as women, therefore it becomes female pattern baldness and there won't be a single report of male pattern baldness anymore.

Only 2% of people get sides

stop being a pussy and try it

2% chance of being impotent, nigga people die of cancer to avoid those odds.

Correct.
I literally knew someone who died of prostate cancer because he would rather die than chance impotence from surgery.
He said fuck it and purposely left his wife as a widow.

Ditto, lasted 2 years and did a fuckload of bucket list shit before he went.

theres already a 'cure' - castration. I guess if you took androgen blockers that might prevent male baldness too , but you might grow boobs and start liking chick flix.

I would fucking love to take propecia and grow my hair back. It would do wonders for my self esteem and probably greatly improve my outlook on life.
But if my dick goes perma limp, I can't live with that.
That would be worse than having a stupid bald patch in the middle of my scalp.
They're both embarrassing but forever limp dick would be worse

You can usually stop it with finasteride.

See

Shave and move on dude, shaved bald heads are shaved bald heads - half bald heads and covering up thinning is hilarious

I've tried it for a couple years, the wife said she hates the shaved look and asked me to never do it again.

Plus it's a major pain in the ass and I get red patchy splotches on my skull where I shave.
It just looks really bad.

Did you remind her it's gonna happen whether she likes it or not? Just like her tits are gonna sag and your balls will probably touch toilet water

Bald men are more intelligent.

I guess she doesn't want it to happen until there's no choice in the matter.
She definitely thinks I'm less attractive with a shaved head, so I don't want to fuck that up until she's completely undesirable to, I guess.
She's getting there though

If they can make a pill that grows hair back and doesn't cause permanent limp dick, then I'm all in.
I want my hair back.
I had a long hair as a kid, so I guess this is my punishment for being too vain about it back then.

No. Hair is a vestigial trait that's no longer needed. In 20000 years all humans will be hairless.

Yes, but we'd need to look into the genetics and hormonal factors. In the meantime though some Canucks have engineered a way to restore follicles and create new ones resistant to DHT without transplants.

forbes.com/sites/robinseatonjefferson/2017/09/29/company-uses-patients-own-cells-to-put-an-end-to-baldness-aging-skin-and-tendon-degeneration/

>what are rogain and propecia

>I literally
You're a moron.

Michael Chiklis went bald because he shaved his head using an oil that fucked his follicles.

What the fuck are you talking about faggot?

I'm gonna waste my time, you're evidently too idiotic to comprehend yourself.

true, it will be second ... erectile dysfunction will be first

How old was he?

50's

*50s
FTFY

50 what you fucking nigger

I don't fucking know asshole.

I'm going to kill you with my thoughts.

Mid to late 50's.
His name was Robert.
He died in Florida.
He was an electrician.
Anything else you want to know?

*Mid to late 50s
FTFY

And he was your friend?
>The fuckoutahere with your bullshit story

You're not dead yet?
Does your head hurt at least?

How hot and old was the wife?
How long had they been together?
How's she doing now?

Well he would only be a half a man if he lived and was impotent.

idk began balding at 17 i shaved my head at 20
They offered me that bs pill but i said fuck that shit that messes with your libido and erections

Good luck my head has good shape

Those shits mess with your dick and you have to take them forever. They were offered to me at 17 i turned it down

no, it only gets worse, and eventually all of humanity ends up with it.
sux but that's what happens when retards fuck with nature (cripsr)

Wife's uncle, never said he was a friend, just said I knew him. We had been to each other's house, ate some meals together, family get togethers etc. My kids would go over to visit, etc.

IDIOCRACY
was right all along.

Cured? I want something to accelerate that shit

Similar age
Old, not hot
Maybe a decade or something, it was her second husband that died
She seems to be doing ok now, she's crippled from a car accident, but she seems to be in decent spirits.

Fuck yes i rather go bold (pun intended) than risk even at 1% decrease in my libido, own up to it and shave your head of course it help if you have a well shaped head

Prostate cancer and death its entirely different, of course i would opt for the treatment. Going bald doesnt have to be a bad thing, if you are in shape, have a decent looking face and head shaving its actually an improvement

Wrong, minoxidil doesn't make you impotent and finasteride's impotency side effect is far less common.

>In 20000 years all humans will be hairless.
top kek, it happens much sooner than that.

Well people loved him, including his wife so it was kinda sad.
She married him a few years after her husband before him died of ALS, so we all felt pretty bad for her

I heard that if you do transplant you dont need to take propecia

I shave two times a week, if i do it more often then yeah skin gets irritated but 2 times a week is perfectly fine, you also have to develop a proper technique, i still remember my first time i was so clumsy at doing it

Do you have a bad shaped head or face?

>so I don't want to fuck that up until she's completely undesirable to,
Holly shit this sounds depressive af, why did you even marry dude? You have a terrible outlook on life thats uglier than any outside imperfection you might have

That's because for some strange reason, the donor hairs aren't sensitive to DHT.

and just what did the person you plan on giving baldness do to you?

>Holly shit this sounds depressive af, why did you even marry dude? You have a terrible outlook on life thats uglier than any outside imperfection you might have

So I've been told.
My experience is that life is ugly, if I knew how to change it, I would.

>It is not used for baldness at the front of the scalp or receding hairline in men.
WUT is the point even

If I win the lottery I might look into hair transplants, but as of right now it's not feasible so I haven't wasted my time looking into it

Why marry to be miserable is what i dont get

bernsteinmedical.com/answers/do-finasteride-propecia-and-minoxidil-rogaine-work-on-the-front-part-of-the-scalp/

I didn't marry to be miserable

>bernsteinmedical.com/answers/do-finasteride-propecia-and-minoxidil-rogaine-work-on-the-front-part-of-the-scalp/
Ohh i see to bad i wasnt informed about Rogaine (Minoxidil) then back when i started balding. I only knew about propecia and that shit was a deal breaker

Pic relates is approximately how advanced my balding is, i shave oc

forgot pic

That's thicker than mine

The whole permanent side effects thing with propecia is a myth.

It's a stated side effect and they're being sued for understating it.
How is that a myth?

I meant how far the receding line is, not how thick my hair is
Stop defending it just because you feel insecure, it messes with your dick deal with it
Rogaine (Minoxidil)>>>propecia

For me, I don't mind the receding part as much as I hate the bald patch in the back.
My hair still grows fast and thick on the sides and it looks bad if it gets longer than whats left on top.

the side effects exist, the whole rumor about them being permanent is is false.
They have different mechanisms of action, for more aggressive hair loss you can use both, if an individual can get away with just minoxidil, thats preferable.

You can't get away with just minoxidil because it doesn't block DHT

It depends on what your goals are, if your hair loss is very slow and you just want to delay balding for awhile it can be good enough. But if your young and your hair loss is aggressive it certainly won't do the trick.

That said I think most people just want to delay hair loss through their youth, being bald becomes much more socially acceptable once you start getting past your 50s.

I'm 20 and have no hairloss at the moment but my uncle and grandfather on my mom's side are bald. All the other men have hair on both sides.

I'm just worried about the future

bump

Well all I can say is keep an eye out for signs of hair loss. Research propecia and decide ahead of time if it's something your willing to try. It's effective in roughly 90% of users, however it can take up to a year of using it to notice if its working. While some hair regrowth is possible due to miniaturized follicles, you shouldn't expect any. With hair loss treatment your just trying to preserve what you have, and that's why its important to start as soon as possible when you notice your going bald.

Okay, thanks.

It's not a disease. Just a mutation. We don't really need hair, so what is there to cure? It's like trying to cure erectile dysfunction.

lol what?

>Do you think Male Pattern Baldness will ever be cured?
Male humans are evolving to be bald.

being intelligent is bad
everyone hates nerds/geeks

you think einstein gets any girls wet? pfft

bump

most women dont care about hair, so long as the man wears it (or doesnt) with confidence. this is why its prevalent but not really advancing to become the norm [denoting a preference to baldness] or receding [to show an adverse reaction]. if you dont like that youre going bald, get over it, youre fucked.

tldr: the man makes the haircut, the haircut doesnt make the man.

>t. normie that says stuff that isn't truthful to virtue signal and attempt to impress others

Nah, he's pretty much spot on.

Not really.

There is currently no proper treatment. When something comes along that really works, you'll see it advertised in the commercial breaks during the Superbowl.

Cured not in the sense that you mean, but yes with enough money you can get rid of it

If money was the answer why is LeBron James still bald?