Who's the Rick and Morty (and fanbase) of music?

Who's the Rick and Morty (and fanbase) of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzjQbzmiuNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tool

Logic

youtube.com/watch?v=rzjQbzmiuNQ

Tame Impala

You and your thread

Mr. Bungle

EGG XD

any electroswing band

Velvet Underground fans born post-1989

see

elliott smith

King Gizzard

Pickle Rick is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time
And we gon' make you lose your mind
We just wanna see ya, shake that
In the club party rock looking for your girl?
She on my jock huh non stop when we in the spot
Booty move away like she on the block
Where the drink I got's to know
Top jeans tattoo cause I'm rock and roll
Half black half white domino, gang of money out the door
Yo, I'm runnin' through these hoes like Draino
I got that devilish flow rock and roll no halo
We party rock, yeah that's the crew that I'm reppin'
On the rise to the top no lead in our zeppelin, hey
We just wanna see ya, shake that
Everyday I'm shufflin' shufflin' shufflin'
Step up fast and be the first girl to make me throw this cash
We get money don't be mad now stop, hatin' is bad
One more shot for us another round
Please fill up my cup don't mess around
We just wanna see you shake it now
Now you wanna be you're naked now
Get up, get down
Put your hands up to the sound
Get up, get down
Get up, get down
Get up, get up, get up
Get up, get up, get up
Get up, get up, get up
Put your hands up to the sound, to the sound
Put your hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up
Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good good good time
Put your hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up
Shake that
Everyday I'm shufflin'

These

I bet you were born in 1987/8/9.

death grips for sure
>he actually went through the effort to make this

Death Grips are also rebbit as fuck

run the jewels

Meme's been circulating for months, chump.

Brand New

Nope 1995

Quads don't lie

Beach Boys

damn...

tame impala

i like tame impala and rick and morty and don't talk to anyone about them because it just becomes a bunch of people spouting off references thinking its funny

21 Pilots

It one of these

Oh fuck, you triggering me m8

(should've also added Opeth)

death grips

It's not Death Grips you fucking dumb shits

>omg you haven't watched rick and morty?!?! ITS SO GOOD YOU AHVE TO WABTCH ITTTTT

foo fighters

>gratuitous violence
>entry level nihilism
>associated with shitty, cancerous memes
>fanbase of reddit users
>overrated as "smart" "boundary breaking" hip hop
I think that death grips is the closest match there is. Maybe Queen, but even Queen doesn't hit as many points as dg.

Literally xxxtentacion

Except Death Grips is bad and Rick and Morty is good

Thank you for describing Run the Jewels so succinctly.

Radiohead

The only description there that RTJ doesn't fit better than DG is the third one and the "boundary breaking" one but even when it comes to the former keep in mind RTJ literally released a cat themed album.

This.

21st century psychedelic rock in general.

You're just denying it because you're a child who enjoys Death Grips, but unlike other children you don't also enjoy Rick and Morty.
Both are low quality entertainment intended to appeal to trendy middle class millennials. Both are popular amongst the exact same audience. Both are stupid and intentionally crass for the sakes of appearing edgy and subversive, whilst actually being unchallenging and conservative. It's clearly fucking death grips, dude.

this basically to be quite desu

they're both the dark souls of their respective media

since when is RTJ nihilistic?

Again, Run The Jewels

This hateboner against Death Grips is ridiculous and I feel bad for people like you

kys cuck Death Grips are god-tier as fuck

i want Sup Forums to leave

we already have enough shitposters here we don't need anymore

It's most of their subject matter

I like Rick and Morty. I think it's funny.

Leave Dark Souls out of this shitposter. DS1 is GOAT.

dude have you even watched rick and morty it is god-tier as fuck xD

B T F O

>loves rick and morty
>loves DS1

this just reinforces my point, you should listen to death grips and complete the fanbase triumvirate

>intended to
Actual brain let detected

Can

freddit zappa

Holy fucking shit dude, am I really reading this?
Death Grips are the most plebby band on Sup Forums right now. They're the most pathetic entry level meme music on this board. You'd think newfriends straight off the boat from Sup Forums, Sup Forums, reddit or wherever you're from might have some humility and not just assume the first fucking band they come across after getting here aren't actually the best thing ever.
Listen to a much broader range of music, not just Sup Forumscore and after a few years you'll wonder why you ever valued Death Grips at all.

I can like what I like without being concerned with what other people who also like it are doing. If you think that a fanbase determines the quality of the piece of art/entertainment in question, then you're an insecure faggot.

run the jewels

explain

except it's literally not

All that could be said about any Sup Forums-core. What's your point? You don't have one

I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.
I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

It's kind of is. Some of the lines on Oh My Daring Don't Cry specifically are more blatantly nihilist than anything Death Grips has ever written

unironically this, minus the part about Ron Paul.
FUCK RON PAUL
also please buy me reddit gold, thanks.

fpbp

which lines specifically?

explain

Yeah its too bad I love RTJ but they really did sell out with the Black Panther and Baby Driver promos.

Its honestly ok to be nihilistic in 2017 with everything going on in the world. By no means is this a Trump diss I mean everything.

album cover is a can of pickles
pickle rick is also a pickle
coincidence?

omg holy shit this have some gold kind stranger xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

brockhampton

baby driver was good though.

It's Aegean Okra you massive pleb.

You can all run naked backwards through a field of dicks

how is that nihilistic? it's literally a joke lyric

I know I'm kidding. I'm not that guy

>complains about newfags
>baited by extremely thinly veiled bait
seems to me you're the newfag here buddy-o

i honestly can't tell if bait

pic related: mfw

absolutely

Clairo

its clearly bait
wait, are you baiting?

Haha... bait-ception OwO

Gucci Mane.

>"In the field of labour, precarity is the cancellation of the rules governing the relations between workers and capital, and particularly of the contractual guarantees of the continuity and regularity of jobs. Precarization is made possible by the spread of information technologies. When the production of goods is turned into information, and the network becomes the sphere of recombination of productive actions which take place in distant spaces and moments of time, the capitalist’s need to buy the whole of the worker’s lifetime ends – he just needs fragments of time. The networked machine ceaselessly picks up and recombines fragments of infotime from the ocean of social life and intelligence. Thus, precariousness invades every space of social life, and permeates the expectations and the emotions of individuals, whose time is fragmented, fractalized, cellularized. This is the state we live in, at the beginning of the new century." - from The Autobiography of Gucci Mane

Radric "Gucci Mane" Davis has an IQ way above the level of genius.

For entertainment, he watches the films of Fassbinder, Herzog, Truffaut, Godard, Bertolucci, Mallick amongst other even more obscure artists. Long known as an avid reader of philosophy he has mentioned Baudrillard, Dubord, Hegel and Sartre among his inspirations.

He understands the hypocrisy of contemporary morality and street culture and has exploited it to become a millionaire.

hey does anyone here also think unquestionable presence sounds like tweez (by slint)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gucci Mane's music. The lyrics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of high level accelerationist philosophy most of the references will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Gucci's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lyrics, to realize that they're not just fire bars - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gucci Mane truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Gucci's existencial musings and famous lyrical innovations such as "I stay higher than giraffe pussy" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Gucci Mane's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Gucci Mane tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower)

brockhampton

Something super deep and intellectual that only atheists would understand.

Correct

Death Grips, except their fans aren't as bad. Both DG and R&M have elements that are extremely solid and should at least be checked out by any fan of rappers like Dalek or shows like Community resp. but the core of their fans mostly miss it and regard some of the more surface level things as "deep" and "ground-breaking".

>Sup Forums hates on RTJ again just because Mike is a massive Hillary supporter

If you still can't separate artist's personal opinions from their products, you should just kill yourself DESU.

as a hillary supporter, I still hate on them
and I'm pretty sure he only got that many replies cause he got quads

I don't follow shitty internet drama but wasn't he a massive Bernie bro?

>ITT: who can be the biggest contrarian

That's this entire board.

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD

IS FUCCCKINNNN GAYYYYYY

I played sonic today... wanna fight about it?!?!? Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiieyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

no im shitting on them because he got quads

So what is the music fanbase equivalent of this?

This board is fucking terrible.

Tool

my sides

correct

also correct

i like killer mike as a person, rtj are just one of the most overrated rap duos of all time

No one said Swans, seriously?

I actually nonironically like death grips. Now it's contrarian to have a negative opinion contrary to a contrarian hip hop band. Wew.