youtube.com/watch?v=ffQ2B5qegRg
youtube.com/watch?v=Cbg9ol4kGRo
rbt.asia/mu/thread/73956260/#73956260
youtube.com/watch?v=ESkoh7SsysM
youtube.com/watch?v=hGPfiQeSnik
youtube.com/watch?v=vKnHYVo-BK0
youtube.com/watch?v=lmm_gj3Bq8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Jester Race is the VH1 version of Slaughter of the Soul. In Flames are not a poorly-done, warmed over Iron Maiden or Artillery; In Flames are the type of lame sing-along lite rock that can otherwise be found on the heavier Motley Crue LPs. The closest comparison I can think of would actually be the speed metal influenced Skid Row – Slave to the Grind but In Flames have more estrogen in their bloodstream. Medical literature reports that listeners testicles retreat into the body cavity upon hearing the opening riff. To make an In Flames album one must merely kidnap five relatively sane beer metal fans in Iron Maiden t-shirts, inject them with potent cocktails of various benzodiazepines, and buy them an afternoon of studio time. The Jester Race is what would result. In Flames were not a band who wanted to kill everyone like Metallica in 1983, rather they were the assholes in Animal House with the acoustic guitar attempting to make New Wave of British Heavy Metal music a few years later for born again Christians. In Flames are the Swedish Stryper.

glamies stay out

Great album

kek
another 404?

Fourth for swedish mdm > finnish mdm

What's wrong with Finnish people?

strawpoll.me/13790952

Jari is a jew

>copypasting DMU
Boy did you play yourself if you wanted this to be taken somewhat seriously
Inbred autism and alcohol

Rate them
The Somberlain
Storm of the light's bane
Reinkaos

>still mad
kekd

>bunch of black and heavy shitters

not surprised

enough of this, Time II fucking when?

Out of 10

>Rate them
Exactly that order

>implying mad
do you know where you are, boy

got kicked out along with a buddy of mine from a in flames show for sparking up
which is bullshit because there were others who beat us to the punch
probably a good though, we got kicked out before in flames hit stage
skid row are nice though, they've guts
quit talking shit about my man seb and them

*blocks your path*

After Time I and the Forest Seasons, why would you even want that shit to ever be released? Their debut is by far their best, most accomplished and memorable album, and *it's not even that great*

*throw a bottle of vodka to the side so that they swarm to it and continue down my paht*

Because Time II is supposed to be like their debut
According to Jari of course

If only

finndeath > swedeath
melo is all around shit, you don't need to be saccharine and stand on pop structure crutches to be melodic
youtube.com/watch?v=q5hzuFEjeoo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8G5IAQPQw&

>best modern melodeath album is not from Sweden or Finland

not true btw

i dont think he wants to be there

>According to Jari of course
>believing Jewri after this long

>Demigod
>MDM
I refuse to engage with you in argument if you ever entertain this idea. You are officially wrong, and everything you've said, say and will say is and will be thoroughly ignored.

>Russiaboo meloshit from Italy

>when not even Jeff fucking Loomis can make your shitty melodeath band sound good
youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

>Because Time II is supposed to be like their debut
So what? The debut still exists and a second-hand, bloated copy of it released 15 years afterwards is NOT worth it. Zero merit. Sad!

I blame the rapefugee crisis

Stop crushing my dreams? That's Jari's job.

How actually fucked is your reading comprehension? I'm not claiming anywhere those are melodeath. I'm saying death metal can be (and is) melodic without the melodeath tropes of being saccharine and pop structures.

Read again
>melo is all around shit, you don't need to be saccharine and stand on pop structure crutches to be melodic
Demigod have plenty of leads that can be considered melodic despite the band not being melodic death metal, he never implied they were MDM, in fact he's making a case for why they really aren't.

As fucked as your writing. Don't suddenly change subjects by means of vague, poor wording if you don't want to be misunderstood.

the absolute state of a retard's reading comprehension of a statement an elementary schooler can parse

You'll get better. I believe in you.

meh
pic related is the real deal sex appeal

THE FURYO STYLE IS IN MY BLOOD
youtube.com/watch?v=IW_y31bRW3M

melodeath is basically video game music

they are the best melodeath band in general, old or new
only thing that has ever come close is above the weeping world because of its sheer emotional impact

I miss the rampant ROTNS, Vektor and Dmshareguy posting

thus spoke satan

"no"

>I share a general with people who legitimately unironically literally think this is true

this

if you feel strongly about melodeath you're a shithead anyway lol

Holy shit 5 votes for melodeath, FIVE. Last thread it was only 4 (I say only but the fact that 4 people picked melodeath is astounding). Who are these people? Seriously identify yourself if you're one of those 5. I'd be less appalled if djent, nu-metal or deathcore was an option that got 5 votes, at least then you're showing your true colors that you're just a mallcore kid who's trying to hang out with the big boys. But fucking melodeath. Out of every subgenre to pick from in metal 5 people picked melodeath. Is there some untapped reservoir of legendary melodeath bands that we've all been completely blind to? Are there thousands of actually god-tier melodeath bands out there that unbeknownst to all of us have been pushing out quality releases since the genre's inception? Because right now Intestine Baalism and Arghoslent stand undisputed as the kings of the genre, and even they aren't that good. So for fuck's sake, let one of the five insane madmen come out from the shadows and announce to the rest of the thread their love for melodeath because I'm completely shocked that 1 person, let alone 5, would dare even CONSIDER placing melodeath as their favorite metal subgenre when asked such a question.

>"strongly"
Are you perpetually anemic or what? Do you need a nurse to type your shitposts for you? Can you get out of bed to have a shit without someone guiding you to the toilet, at least?

Jesus Christ I can't get over this, 5 people that browse this general unironically believe shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=5SgN5lvWZwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dZb5YVLNxZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ubmuUiozKyo
Is the musical apex of metal holy shit.

ROTNSposting and Vektorposting are unironically much better than whatever this shithole is obsessed with now

any recs for albums that sound as fucking evil/twisted as this? not raw/brutal as such, just depraved and fucked up

>melodic """"death metal""""
remind me where the "death" part is in this genre

Pretty sure those aren't the examples those people had in mind. Don't really care, however; I voted black metal.

obsessed with tourist filtering (spots still open)
outside a handful of recordings, there isn't

Everything but the production (post-1995), leads and the twin riffing.

I swear this "lol melodeaf is not dm" is like dadaist revisionism that's only meant to stir shit rather than create solid discourse.

I can't believe I share a general with 5 anons who believe a subgenre founded upon start/stop riffs with "GO" shouted during the pauses is the height of metal.

>melodic death metal is one album, and one album only

I agree brother. These guys must've been huge fans of the classics like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, and Immolation. You can really hear it in the music.
youtube.com/watch?v=mebSi4PDC34

Where's the DMU lads when you need them

quick tell me the most metal baroque-era classical piece featuring a harpsichord playing in a harmonic minor

Brutal as fuck. Real death metal for people who are really into metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=pXmPQx3uf64

not bad

correct

Replace one of the Naked Whipper albums with this
youtube.com/watch?v=JN6x-GtEPZ0

daily reminder that only death is real

*blocks your path*

Bestia Arcana - Holokauston maybe?

>A metalcore band covering "GO" by At The Gates featuring someone named Chris Nolan
youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3M5ogvQ2Y
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

are the rest of his albums worth listening to? heard the first track on this one a couple days ago and it kicks ass. definitely getting it soon

thoughts?

a lot of modern black/death can give that vibe, like Mitochondrion, Antediluvian, Abyssal, Impetuous Ritual the list goes on...

they're all listenable but I think that one is by far his best

Death Metal with melody > Melodic "Death Metal"

Genre?

How much of a fucking fag do you have to be to consider melodic "death metal" your favorite metal subgenre? If you want melody just listen to power metal or traditional metal Jesus Christ, I will never understand why someone wants to listen to bargain bin Maiden riffs with raspy grunts for vocals. Or listen to bouncy downtuned radio rock that has Eurovision-tier choruses.

>they are the best melodeath band in general, old or new
Have you ever heard of a band named Hypocrisy?

never heard of her

I have more respect for glamvestites than I do melodeathfags, at least they are honest about what they like.

based melodeath hating sperg

Remember those few weeks while Jari's gofundme was up where every thread would start with someone posting
>genre: melodic death metal
With that webm about cuckoldry

That was a terrible attempt at undermining the point.
youtube.com/watch?v=a5CibsJGWjU
youtube.com/watch?v=EChSmX56Xcc
youtube.com/watch?v=qRzAJ5n9VBE
youtube.com/watch?v=2gxmjJ-t9uY
youtube.com/watch?v=MtJfgeFk1f0
youtube.com/watch?v=dFis9zKmk_c

>indiegogo.com/esi/en/projects/wintersun-crowdfunding--3#/
>€464,330 EUR total funds raised

Never forget

Reminder that Alestorm is the best metal if 2017.

I think Hypocrisy is a pretty cool guy, eh produces albums and doesn't afraid of anything

fuck you
power metal vocals are shit sang by literally castrated dudes
which is the only thing keeping away from power metal since everything else is fantastic
only drunken raspy smoke exhaling loogie harking glam singing is allowed when it comes to singing
otherwise dude better scream and growl

>Sentenced and Carcass will never be good again
Feels bad, melodeath kills bands
youtube.com/watch?v=mlDOsxU7kXw
youtube.com/watch?v=cNZTAhbg6QE

Autism? Autism

Underrated.

BASED MELODEATH HATING SPERG

>"No refunds" -Jari
What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ffQ2B5qegRg

>the absolute state of the power metal nation