Sporting KC

>Sporting KC
>Real Salt Lake
>Orlando City
>Atlanta United
>Minnesota United
Why are such egregious names allowed by the MLS? Why are so many American soccer fans such poseurs?
>DC United

What else should they call them? Follow the NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL example? Those are joke names to the rest of the world

If you want to participate in the worlds largest sport it makes sense to follow an established naming scheme

>FC Bayern Utah

>Not naming your teams after devastating events in your cities history in which record numbers of people lost their lives

the only really horrific one is Real Salt Lake, imo
the others are kind of silly and contrived, but naming your team "royal" when you live in a republic is borderline incomprehensible

The best US soccer team name HAS to be the Tampa Bay Rowdies. They sure sound like they dont give a crud!!!

They tried to partner with Real Madrid and it fell apart or something.

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to name a U.S. based club "FC," you should at least make it "SC," like Orlando, or Columbus

I agree with this
>New York Jets

It's basically the real life version of
>p-please watch our league!

>Orlando City

Your team's name being so shit that the local media almost always refers to you as "The Lions".

I mean no one watches any of these teams so does it even really matter

it's a nation full of parvenus what do you expect

>Chicago Fire

>Montreal ¡Impact!

fucking frogs it's not the 90's anymore why do this

still, he has a point. copying the names is even cringier that the stupid nba names
>Real Salt Lake
are they trying to say they support monarchy?

>''The Los Angeles Angels''

mormonarchy, maybe

Funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning. Why do MLS teams have such retarded ass names. At least in NY it's just NYC FC.

>Kansas city tornadoes
>Salt lake cultists
>Orlando media overlords
>Atlanta eagles (since falcons and hawks are taken)
>Minnesota lakers
>DC bullets
Wish MLS would just embrace US sporting culture instead of trying to avoid it

SC isn't even respectable though. The sport is football. Not soccer.

>"Go Ahead Eagles"

>that flag
>that post

People who watch the MLS are faggot hipsters who use European vernacular to try to be "cool". MLS is a disgrace to American sports and sports in general

Fuck off amerifat.

Mike, please don't.

But it's perfectly okay to root for overseas teams instead?

Lionel, I keep seeing you everywhere

There's nothing wrong to root for European teams, the talent is a million times better there than here. Anyway I don't watch soccer at all, it's a shit sport that doesn't interest me.

CHI

Or you could just put AFC Like they do in most other English speaking countries to differentiate it from other codes

of Anaheim

>naming your teams after events in your cities history in which numbers of people lost their lives
>you should at least make it "SC," like Orlando

Orlando City Shooting Club?

>Tulsa race riot

America is so rich and powerful we don't care about what the world thinks. Imagine how much this country would own at soccer if all the urban nig nogs thought soccer was as cool as football and basketball

>Chicago Fire
Best American team name

Considering you'd then be another team of dumb black pacebabbys then your NT would actually take a step down a level and become like England.

>Sporting KC
>Real Salt Lake
These are the only bad ones. The others are completely doopin' fine

>New England Revolution

I meant on OP's list

The McDoopin' Thunderbirds would be my MLS team name of choice

Paris Saint-*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

you sound like a faggot desu

The GOAT American naming structure is in college athletics. You've got some authentic mascots, names, and tradition there. Example:

Florida State Seminoles
Alabama Crimson Tide
Ohio State Buckeyes
North Carolina Tar Heels

Contrast this with some other generic ass team names from professional leagues:
Houston Texans
Buffalo Bills
Utah Jazz
Orlando Magic
Miami Heat

All just sad and pathetic desu.

this guy's going doopin' mental!

>Florida State Semenholes
>Alabama Crimson Menstruation Tide
>O, hi, o, I Fuckguys
>South Varogina Tar Queefs

How can one city have both the best nickname in sports and the worst nickname?
>Washington Redskins
Pride. Tradition. Respect for native peoples. The logo is a noble native warrior. Rez Indians aren't mad about it, only snowflakes looking for drama get mad.
>Washington Wizards
Fantasy magic is has no place in US tradition. In the USA our lore is of the wild west, the frontier, the War of Northern Aggression, the Puritans.
Meanwhile we bring war to a level not seen since the Romans. Change it right now to the Washington ICBMs.

Proud Atlanta United ultra here, you disrespect the sacred AU team name I'd beat your ass irl

really activates my almonds

>Seminoles
>Crimson Tide
>Buckeyes
>Tar Heels
I have no idea what any of these things are supposed to mean

I can only imagine
>produce a lot of semolina
>has a coast on the red sea or people tend to get brutally murdered there frequently
>notorious for only seeing the money, staunch capitalists
>players traditionally train pre season by running on fresh wet tarmac for extra strength

Instead of deadbrained euro-imitatation, it wouldn't hurt to do what Orlando did and simply name your team [City/Region] S.C.

Its elegant, very sensible, and by directly embracing our word for the sport, gives your team a sense of unpretentious and humble homegrown authenticity. Its heavens better than that cringy grab at worthless foreigner approval that is using Euro-conformant naming.

Seriously MLShits, im not even a soccer fan but i feel that the majority of Americans will stop laughing at you and start respecting your league when you stop giving a shit about what outsider third worlders think and start cultivating your own proud sport culture. Euroboos in MLS are presently your biggest image cancer.

>Atlanta eagles (since falcons and hawks are taken)
>not resurrecting the Thrashers as a soccer team

4/4 correct how did u know
elite deduction

Or we could, you know, not play soccer.

the diving kills it for me every time. i know every sport has techniques to draw fouls but nothing is worse than a soccer dive.

euroboos are such a small number of the fans outside of places like Seattle, in fact most of the fans are your typical americans and the young diverse crowd. People shit on MLS because the media doesn't tell them to like the league.

People shit on us for being too American AND too European, sure MLS isn't without plenty of its flaws but its sure as hell not this big joke of game day experience people who don't even go to games claim it to be, so its not worth even trying to cater to the people that don't know anything about how the league actually is

t. someone who goes to multiple games a year

I'll take the occasional dive over a commercial break every few minutes from an objective viewpoint desu

maybe the only thing worse than diving is the game being interrupted constantly

i totally agree. the constant commercials are a disgrace and almost ruin the enjoyment. there is no excuse. all criticism is valid.
if america can create its own brand of soccer with better sportsmanship and not screw it up with commercials then it could take off. it lacks respectability because of the lack of physicality.

>euroboos are such a small number

This is painfully false, and i go to both home and away games so i have substantial experience.

>Those are joke names to the rest of the world
Not really, look at Japan's and Australia's leagues for any team sport for example.

AFC is better.