old
Really Old Links that probably need updating:
pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=fIq5rDpCa-Y

Other urls found in this thread:

community.sigames.com/topic/398931-fm17-uefa-revival-21-uefa-europa-league-upgrade/
community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide
fmcoffeehouse.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-scouting-system-in-football-manager/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw our club is so poor I'm seriously considering re-signing a CB I just let go on a free.

Lads I haven't played FM in fucking ages

What European nation should I start a save in

iceland

czech republic

Denmark

Sweden.

What league are you in that's so poorfag?

Northern Ireland

Kazakhstan.

should i start signing players based on how their wives look?

good reasons for recruitment include
>having an attractive wife
>being attractive
>having a funny name
>having a rare flag
>having good long throws

Bold tactic but it's innovative and I like it.

you forgot
>not being a winger

>being attractive
macca go back to Wales

no

are there actually any good 433s with wingers/IFs? i've been through every narrow formation possible and want to try something different but they're always so much better than 433

>emanuel pogatetz is on the bench for union berlin today
now there's a fucking blast from the past

This 4231 works for me pretty well, I'd imagine you could move the AP and DLP back to a 433 fairly well

>a DoF-save where your DoF is only allowed to sign players "for the future"
viable, or would you just end up tearing your hair out?

Danish First Division (which is the 2nd tier). The problem is that, ideally, I'd like to sign 5 or 6 players but our wage budget is not large enough and our transfer budget is practically 0.

So I'll be able to sign 2 players, maybe 3 if they are not so good. All free signings, of corse.

I dunno which update brought it, but as of 17.3, the "Agreement Change" (the Brexit) section in the pre-game Editor has been modified somewhat, allowing you to modify work permit rules. When using my "old" Brexit scenario file, I can only obtain a 16 or 17 foreign player rule instead, as seen in pic related.

>probably need updating
>probably
Jej.

pls no, we've had enough of Art bitching about his DoF save
>the Bosman rule will be scrapped
>mfw can't sign decent upcoming free agents from Russia because of compensations

If you play in a shit country, your save would be nigh unplayable.

Ruskies aren't exactly cheap; but you presumably can. You can't sign Englishmen on free however, and they can't leave without a compensation (or you releasing them IIRC). As I've said before (weeks or months ago), the AI doesn't give two shits about Brexit anyway, even with the harshest scenario possible.

Attempt to sign a young striker, looks quite good
>I want to continue my development at Belenenses
Week later, he signs for Chelsea

Been there before. Your Reputation is shit, that's all.

Yeah I realize that its just the whole "I cant leave my club" thing that does me in

The AI has to have some kind of advantage somewhere considering how fucking stupid it is.

>Play as TSV 1860
>start leading them to glory
>win Bundesliga 4 years in a row
>Attendance rising
>board won't build a new stadium or buy the Allianz

How the fuck do I build this new stadium? Does the attendance have to go past the maximum capacity of the current stadium?

god what will it take to get a perfect season.

1) If your club possesses its stadium and it has been build in the last 25 years, you won't get a new one.
2) I've found that asking for a new stadium or expansions is harder in FM17, and you r average attendance really has to be close to the maximum capacity of your stadium.
3) Your chairman has hidden attributes and it's always possible that he's a retard.

I wouldn't be surprised all things considered

Anyway, that's how it looks like if you desire to modify work permit rules. The irony being that London has announced that they're activating the Brexit procedure on March 29th.

Post Lachev.

It's just copied from the previous previous thread.

Valeri 'the man' Lachev

reminded me of the existence of valeri bojinov
>31
>currently playing in the chinese 2nd tier

>It's just copied from the previous previous thread
I know, just in jest. I thought about doing it, but procrastination won.

Procrastination is the second strongest force in the universe.

with the strongest being the midseason slump?

Aye. Nothing can overcome the January/February crash.

Works sometimes, I usually let my DoF make offers for players and then I assess what they find.

I've had that setting on this entire save, and he's tried to bring in two kids - one complete shit, the other a passable backup I let him sign
I'm just wondering how much different it would be if I wasn't signing any players of my own

>6 UEFA competitions in a single save
What could go wrong?
>community.sigames.com/topic/398931-fm17-uefa-revival-21-uefa-europa-league-upgrade/

>tfw too young to remember cup winners cup

I've tested the work permit feature by... copying and pasting the old ones. For some reason FM tells me there's still that stupid 17 foreign player rule, but also tells me that new work permit rules are being applied. I guess I have to simulate for a couple of seasons to see what actually happens.

>Intertoto Cup
wew, nobody gave a flying fuck about it when it existed so I would imagine in a save with a ton of other UEFA stuff it will be ultra irrelevant.
>Uefa Cup and Europa League
how does that work then?

I am forced to remember due to PSG fanbois since 2011 reminding us consistently of the club winning it in an attempt to prove that their club used to be relevant.

You can switch between the current europa format or revert back to the Uefa cup.

>no European Cup

I only hear about it when people argue that the CL should be for champions only and they should bring back the CWC

I'm generally against a country having 4 qualified teams for CL, but that the same time the EL is stacked. Money first pal.

I think it all comes down to the scouting team I think, they've managed to find this lad.

what's he worth? spirited, evasive, unflappable, enjoys big matches
>28%

7.75m euros

>Lyon
Regardless of his attributes or personality, "a lot".
>community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide

While we're somewhat on the topic of scouting, how do you guys set up your assignments? Right now I have them scouting the usual regions and European competitions but I feel like like I could miss some good regens in other countries

>fmcoffeehouse.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-scouting-system-in-football-manager/
And hire scouts based on their knowledge first and attributes second.

Cool, thanks mate. Previously I've been getting scouts with high JPA/JPP only, is it worth an overhaul to bring in people with more varied knowledge?

If you're a top team and already have 1-2 top top notch scouts, increasing knowledge is always more important than another good scout.

Better knowledge will give you knowledge of dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of players and more staff too just by hiring a staff member.

Well fuck it then. Time to try the UEFA shit for a couple of seasons with England only.

haven't tried him in goal yet

>it's a top club prices you out of signing a world class player and ruins his development episode

Here we go, I'll simulate that for a couple of seasons. I've picked the version with the UEFA Cup and the Cup Winner's Cup (not sure how much of a difference there's between the UEFA Cup version and the Europa League version but whatever). Leagues loaded are the top division of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy and Spain as well as the Championship for England.

>it's a top club keeps a stagnating potentially-world-class player happy on the bench by giving him a massive pay rise about once per year

>episode

>had a date with a girl today
>we met online
>we were talking about vidya a few times online
>she said she liked football management games
>seemed like a dream come true
>date was in a Italian restaurant
>bought LMA Manager 2004 to on PS2 to present to her as a joke gift
>went to the restaurant beforehand, told the waiter there to pretend to drop the game on the table when he was serving us
>go to the restaurant
>the waiter I spoke to isn't there
>entire date goes terribly because I am so nervous about what the fuck happened to LMA Manager and the waiter
>eventually got up and spoke to the manager in the back
>ended up shouting at him inf ront of the whole restaurant about LMA Manager 2004
>my date was so red faced that she left
>stopped speaking to me

at least I have trb

Well.... there's an upset.

its ok maybe she only played FIFA

maybe the waiter will come back and post about his new game

>be me
>waiter at fine italian ristorante
>some sperg comes in and asks me some shit about a video game
>take it and run back home to italy to start my journey to the top of football

tfw you're gonna win the title off a long throw

I don't believe a word of this

>4-4-2
why

>Copy of: 451

Brad Bobley the Terror of South Wales

Unlike the Cup and the Intertoto, I don't feel the Cup Winner's Cup is working properly.

Also, there are no nation coefficients tab anymore, so I don't know how that shit is calculated. I'm gonna sim the version with the EL but no Cup Winner's Cup instead.

It was a 4-5-1 and then i made my AM a ST.
This is the most OP and broken formation in FM16 so there's no point to not just default to it every important game and run memes when i want to develop youth.

Oh yes, a club from a smaller country winning something. And Memester because fuck you that's why.

Any time anyone tries to shove the word meme into a name, it just makes them seem an idiot

I'm wasting hours of my life on a spreadsheet simulator, I sure do qualify.

Anyway, CL, EL and Intertoto since Cup Winner's Cup wasn't writing its history properly.

How wasn't it writing its history right?

See . It's been two seasons but there's no recent winner of the competition. I can send you the file through Zippyshare if you want.

have you ever seen a better regista?

Dios mio.

jesus christ

Is this the greatest midfield partnership in football history?

Mein Gott

Welp.

had a payroll of 2.5 mill at Derby and a jew just bought the club after threatening me with my job for 2 mos and then doubled it to 5 mill and gave me 50 mill budget.

etf do i do with this shit? im already in the CL final and have won tge league a cpl time. srry phone , no ss

send help
I thought I was going to promote this season

>more draws than wins

Hoard regens

buy more domestic players, get a tactic that works