Who was better and more dominant at thier sport, Sup Forums?

Who was better and more dominant at thier sport, Sup Forums?

Also who ranks higher in the all time GOAT list?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2009/11/jordan-doesnt-want-number-retired/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjHnQexeFkc
hockey-reference.com/leaders/points_career.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don Bradman

Jordan actually played defense.

Dam

Daily reminder that if you take away all of Gretzky's goals and he'd still be the all time points leader and it isn't even close.

Tom Brady

Wayne Rooney.

Gretzky

Gretzky

If Wayne Gretzky had never scored a single goal he would still be the all-time points leader

jordan was more dominant, because basketball players can do more individually

Would be good to mention that Gretzky stopped playing at age 38 while Jagr is still playing today at age 45 and still hasn't caught up

I really hope Jagr doesn't break 1963 desu

he also played in the babby rules era where the league average 7 goals per game

Players still actively wear #23.

#99 was retired league wide the day after Gretzky retired

Then why did no one else get close?

* with integrity

Nobody is allowed to even wear #99 in the NHL.

I don't think anyone dares wear that number in juniors, college or other 'professional' hockey leagues.

>chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2009/11/jordan-doesnt-want-number-retired/

>non-Americans commenting ITT

Why do we even allow them on Sup Forums

lol jordan didn't lose 3 games in a row from 1990 to 1998 even when he came back from memeing in baseball

6 finals mvps

10 scoring titles in a row

never a 7th game

scored fucking 30-70 points while absolutely hung over and staying up all night gambling

he is objectively the best basketball player ever

oh and bear in mind you fucking dorks he was being guarded every game by the best defenders in the world, double and even triple teamed...still averaged 30 points a game lmfao

Why did mods just kill that Jordan poster?

Gretzky free.

From what I've read about this Canadian guy, he holds all the records. But Jordan was a better team player and won more titles (plus 6 straight finals MVP). So it's kind of tough.

>competing in a sport that nothing but unathletic white people play

Or

>competing at the highest level against people from all over the world in a sport that's populated by literal freaks of nature

Pic related is one of the physical specimen that Michael had to compete against every night.

I personally think Lemieux was better than Gretzky.

Thats a fair arguement. Only counter I can make is that the Oilers owner was a massive faggot and traded the guy away in his prime to a shitty team that he then carried to the cup. He probably could have won a couple more if he had stayed.

Malone - 6'9", 250 lbs
Lindros - 6'5", 245 lbs

4 inches with only 5 lbs t to show for it

Jordan played 40 minutes a night playing both sides of the ball.

That guy would be a manlet in the NBA.

Orr is the superior overall player IMO to both.

Lindros would have routinely fucked other players wives. He was good looking & he was a bastard.

Ranking North American GOATs

#1 Joe Lewis
#2 Orr
#3 Mays
#4 Brady
#5 Jordan
#6 Jack Nicklaus

If Brady wins #6 he moves up higher. Maybe #1. If he wins #7 he is #1 for sure.

Well you're wrong and Finnish. Coincidence? I think not

>Lewis at #1

Pretty based, user.

The true GOAT NA athlete is still playing

Pic related

I disagree. Orr makes sense cause of his 2 way play. That is a fair argument and I think he was better. Gretzky and Lemieux played the same position and so need to be judged the same way.

Lemiex hit 199 points once (next best is 168) Gretzky broke 200 4 times.

Gretzky was better at his best and able to sustain it longer.

Ali is great but a bit overrated cause he was a great story ad big time talker. As a fighter Joe Lewis was superior. People who have studied boxing beyond the hype mostly agree on this.

To be fair, Gretz was the biggest part of the last great NHL dynasty. Its tough to compare team achievements because of the undeniable fact that stars can contribute to a greater percentage of their team's success in basketball. Even the most well conditioned NHL player can only average about 27 minutes a game (elite forwards usually play closer to 20). Jordan could play the entire game

In terms of being ahead of the next best in their sport
1. that lacrosse or yurobaseball guy I literally can't remember its name right now, judging by that one chart I saw
2. roidBonds
3. gretzky
4. kareem
5. nattyBonds
6. ray guy

Except every year I hear shit like Durant not being able to bench 135 or Roy Hibbert needing a physical therapist to WALK properly
But yeah, if you get your dick hard about big black bulls, sure

Donald Bradman

Who is this meth head?

this is the only post you need to read in this thread

>8 straight MVPs vs 5 MVPs with only 1 back to back pair

I wonder

Gretzky has the most short handed goals in NHL history. He would take your advantage and stuff it down your throat

There are videos of Durant benching 315 cuck

Yeah on the moon maybe

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjHnQexeFkc

>In Case you guys didn't know this video is fake.

Gretzky was like a make-a-player in a video game you gave ridiculously high stats to and put the difficulty on rookie.

You forgot to mention that Jordan also won defensive player of the year and MVP at the same time.

If he's so good defensively then why wasn't he winning more MVPs?

Because he retired in the middle of his prime

Gretzky was winning MVPs from his rookie season, no need to wait until his prime

Sounds to me like he didn't have any real competition if that's the case.

Jordan had to go up against living legends and proven dynasties like The Celtics, Lakers, and Bad Boys Pistons.

Ape hoop fans have no understanding of hockey. Jordan being the GOAT is questionable to an extent. Gretzky is without a doubt the greatest hockey player ever.

>Jordan being the GOAT is questionable to an extent.
No it's not.

Gretzky. Look at the gap between Gretzky and #2 on the list:

hockey-reference.com/leaders/points_career.html

>proven dynasties

In Gretzky's second year the Oilers beat the Habs in the playoffs, a team just one year removed from winning 4 straight and 8 of the last 12. In his 4 and 5th years he faced the Islanders, a team that picked up where the Habs left off and won 4 straight and 19 consecutive playoff series (NBA/NHL/MLB record).

In terms of individual competition, Mike Bossy was the preeminent goal scorer before Gretzky. He became the first player in 35 years to score 50 goals in 50 games. The very next year Gretzky scored 50 goals in 39 games (61 in 50). Gretzky broke the goal scoring record by 16 that year (he scored 121% of the previous record holder)

When you played fantasy hockey in 80s you weren't allowed to pick Gretzky. To keep it fair you could only pick Gretzky (assists) or Gretzky (goals) since if you could pick Gretzky whoever got the first pick would be guaranteed to win the pool.

Did they get tested for PEDs at the time? I guess not.

Is being able to score goals the only thing that matters in hockey?

Because if that's the case then Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT basketball player.

Peds are pretty fuckin useless in basketball. I don't think it's ever been a real issue in the nba.

>a sport where you get your throat slashed, your ribs broken, your head concussed and you play the next week
vs
>a pussy ass sport full of flopping divas where you get leg cramps and have to be carried off the court

Gretzky would literally lead the all time scoring even if he scored zero goals during his career.

Being the greatest hockey player ever makes you one thing: The greatest hockey player ever.

Hockey is too irrelevant to produce a legit GOAT. Who the hell cares if Thor played cricket and smashed every record there ever was?

Jordan is the GOAT. You can argue for Schumacher, Messi, Ronaldo etc. But you cannot argue about fucking hockey lol.

Obviously it's all the non whites always talking shit about hockey.

Malone sure thought otherwise, look at his lean mass.

A person with Malone's height cannot preserve his lean mass especially with his level of cardio without PEDs. That's why I asked.

This is true.

Hockey has a tiny player base compared to soccer, baseball, and basketball.

It's pretty much a sport for rich white kids who can't hack it at the other sports.

unpopular opinion:
prime selänne was better than prime gretzky
only the hardcore fans realize this

>finn obinions

Malone was a fitness and health freak. Dude was an iron man, he rarely ever missed any games because he kept himself in shape and ate right, unlike Shaq he didn't take care of himself and would get fat as fuck every off season same with barkley.

>forgetting all those Scandinavians and Slavs

Spotted the angry poor cuckold.

Hockey: Canada, US, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Czech republic, Slovakia, Switzerland

Baseball: US, Japan, and a bunch of tiny 3rd world negroid murderzones in the Caribbean

Malone was everything you said he was but he still could not have that body without PEDs. Too tall people just cannot.

Look the guy on the photo is the most advanced 1on1 fighter on the planet. He needs the lean mass even more than Malone, for avoiding getting beaten to a pulp by other monsters. He is even shorter than Malone (1.93m). But he gets tested for PEDs properly. This is him at his natural limit.

teh fucking photo

This guy is the only MMA player I like because he's not a WWE tier cringy forced meme like Rousey and Conor.

Fighters have to make and cut weight though, and too much muscle will fatigue them quicker.

Malone can be at any weight he wants to be.

I think Japan alone has a bigger population than Canada and all those scandanavian countries put together.

Also they only play hockey in certain states in the US. Basketball on the other hand is played all over us.

Miocic is a HW, they don't need to cut weight. The reason I picked him as an example.

Too much muscle will fatigue him quicker, yes. Too much muscle would fatigue Malone quicker too, without the PEDs that is.

Japan still has a smaller population than Russia.

>baseball

baseball literally has to take americans and force them to play for israel, italy and other countries in order to have a tournament

I don't know about MMA but usually in heavyweight boxing they'll have an agreed upon weight where they have to come in at a certain weight range.

Some people just got good genes.

>In Gretzky's second year the Oilers beat the Habs

stopped reading, go to bed Claude

Russians are poor as fuck though and I think a lot of them are playing basketball now. There's a TON of Eastern European players in the NBA now.

Hockey is far, far bigger in Russia than basketball.

>Russians are poor
And how is this relevant to the argument?

Most of the Eastern Europeans in the NBA are Serbs, Croats and Lithuanians, not Russians. I can't even name a single Russian ever since Kirilenko left.

i mean, he did score a fucktarded amount his rookie year for a standing record.

Mozgov?

based.

pls save /heem/

you do realize hockey is the blue collar sport outside of the US right? Money doesn't matter

>implying anything outside the US matters

89pbp

UFC heavyweights have to be no more than 265lbs. So yes, they do cut weight.

It's Gretzky and it's not even close.

There are probably 3 or 4 guys you could make a good argument for being the NBA GOAT over Jordan. (Russel, Chamberlain, Kareem, Oscar Robertson maybe LeBron in a few years) There exists no such competition in hockey. Gretzky is so far above everyone else who ever played the sport he is the unquestioned greatest.

It is much harder to skate with a puck than to dribble a ball.

No it isn't lol

Really makes your cranium heat up with thoughts.

>who is Orr?

>walking and running on wood is harder and less natural than gliding on thin pieces of metal on ice

lmao