Should PMCs be illegal in the modern world Sup Forums?

Should PMCs be illegal in the modern world Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Outcomes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you against free agency and job creation?

why are you limiting peoples freedom?

and who doesnt want to get paid to kill people?

When you blur the lines between fighting against an enemy of your nation and fighting simply because someone paid you the most to kill someone else you start to go beyond the border of a company and more so a terrorist group friend.

We're in an age where Americans don't even fucking study their Bill of Rights.
What does the 2nd Amendment say about militias?

You are an idiot that has no idea how PMCs work.

PMCs are under MUCH STRICTER rules by both laws and the fact that you will be fired INSTANTLY for almost anything. There is even slang for it 'if you do blahblahblah that'll be chicken or beef bro' as in picking 'chicken or beef' meals on the plane home within hours.

On top of this PMCs are VASTLY superior as far as skill and discipline man for man then the normal military. This should be incredibly obvious for many reasons but maybe it isn't for a civilian who has never been in the military or understand military culture. Or maybe you are under the impression it is easy to become a PMC and that they 'hire anyone' or something. Which is idiotic.

Usually I would write some big response to this type of thing but it's not useless as people really have no clue about how the PMC world actually works and base almost all of their opinions on shit that happened in Africa many dozens of years ago or one incident with BW in Iraq.

Source: I was a Marine, then worked for Global, then Triple Canopy as a WPS PSS.

A militia doesn't fight armies for other countries just because someone offers you money.

dumb aussieposter

Most PMCs are there for guard duty. You simply guard a man or site and get paid to fuck anyone up who fucks with it/them. Basically they are international glorified and well armed security guards.

>Amerifat calling others stupid
It's too funny at this point

I'm not sure what argument you are trying to make,

It says:

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And the militia in America is defined as follows:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311

>a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

>(b) The classes of the militia are—

>(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

>(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

>(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14; Pub. L. 85–861, §1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title V, §524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656.)

Mercenaries are not militias.

That being said, I give no fucks about PMCs. But if they operate on American soil( so anywhere in the world) they should be hamstrung by our current gun laws.

They are of course. Why would you think they aren't? We train in the USA you know; and we follow all relevant gun laws. For a simple example when training on the 240 there is a sub-contract from people that specifically have the rights to own and rent machine guns.

Big Boss already showed us how bad PMCs can be if it's allowed to spiral out of control. Governments should fight their own wars, if their own people aren't willing to then it's probably a bullshit war anyway.

the Middle East is not the modern world

In real life the opposite could quite possibly be true. Just look at Executive Outcomes and their absolutely mind boggling success and then how the UN 'peacekeeping forces' kicked them out, made what they did illegal, and screwed everything up

>Why would you think they aren't?

Because I know next to nothing about PMCs and am too lazy to go look it up.

>all PMCs are US based

thanks for posting

in case anyone wasn't aware, Executive Outcomes was formerly known as Blackwater

Solid answer, and the one that almost everyone should give. It is a very small community and almost every post I see (using posts as an example just because that is where we are at the moment, on Sup Forums) is just mind mindbogglingly ignorant to the realities of PMCs.

The company I was referring to training for in the USA is not a US based company. Thanks for being a dickhead though.

Also nothing is that black-and-white in the world of PMCs of course, the way you are viewing 'US based' and 'not US based' that is.

This. They're not hired (or not supposed to be hired) to kill, but they're given permission under self defense theory.

Leave my job alone, faggots

...uh, no. EO is one of the old-school African based PMCs, considered one of (if not the) first 'Private Military Company'. Absolutely nothing to do with Blackwater at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Outcomes

You are probably talking about talking about Academi. formerly Xe, formerly Blackwater.

Every single person I know and work(ed) with still just calls them BW ("bee doubleyou") though.

It's the worlds second oldest profession, and it's never going away.

>On top of this PMCs are VASTLY superior as far as skill and discipline man for man then the normal military. This should be incredibly obvious for many reasons but maybe it isn't for a civilian who has never been in the military or understand military culture. Or maybe you are under the impression it is easy to become a PMC and that they 'hire anyone' or something. Which is idiotic.

Prior contractor here, and I disagree with that statement 100%! Yes the pay was GODLY but the people... Not so much.

Not sure what part of the marines you were in but all the marines I worked with were 1000% times more professional than my fellow contractors.