The orville

the orville

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14137747
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

strawpoll.me/14137747

cockroaches

cockroach

Worst episode yet. Every scene with them in Krill persona was physically repulsive levels of cringe.

Show looks like it sucks dicks.

I enjoyed this one tremendously, but the previous episode was abysmal.

Krill>infantsexchange>pilot>worldishollow>realitymenagerie>priya

How do you rate them?

Priya was the only good episode.
The dome ship was ok.

blackcockroach

sucks

This pic proves how trash orville is.

Look at how on STD they have almost every visual effect in one shot plus the camera is tilted showing the artistic expression of the creator. Now look at how Orville looks like a cheap chinese knockoff with no effects, you can literally see everything clearly on Orville because their so poor while STD spends 8 million an episode on CGI.

Orshills eternally BTFO!

>Using two unrelated screenshots from 2 different shows, and out of context, to compare, contrast, and judge the production's director of photography choices.

Agreed. What kind of fucking buffoon uses representative shots of two different things when comparing them?

I've watched the first episode walking into it without ever seeing a Star Trek episode before.
Holy fuck this is so corny and terrible. How exactly is ST supposed to be thinking man's Star Wars?

So im the dude who made this.
Im thinking of doing one of the orville crew in trek uniforms. What do you guys think? TNG show era or movie era or TOS?
Also the orville itself- keep it as is or make it a bit more treky- add nacelles or some shit?

TNG show era would probably be more fitting seeing that that's what the Orville is trying to go for.

I figured that too but personally im a huge fan of the TNG movie/ late DS9 uniforms...split between TNG classic and the grey shoulders

TNG.

Those grey shoulders

TNG Era, but later seasons, obviously not the first seasons with the skin tight onesies

Cuck series. Seth plays the biggest cuck in the galaxy.
That being said. Women BTFO in this series. This series SHITS on women.

>without ever seeing a Star Trek episode

non sci-fi fan detected
go back to your soap opera channel, little girl

horrible show that suffers from severe deadpool-complex (i think i'm funny, therefore i am) causing it to be painfully unfunny. it's so horribly unfunny you'd almost think the orville was a brainfart of seth macfarlane.... oh wait....

I'm only 20 minutes into the Krill episode, and holy shit, is this painful. A slapdash bullshit plan that by all rights should be sending two officers to die with a valuable engineering asset, Malloys inability to shut up and stop bullshitting when surrounded by enemies from a nearly completely unknown that would gladly kill him, a fourth species that views all or nearly all others as animals or nonexistent - god damn, this is terrible. Is it worth continuing to watch?

Thanks for the feedback guys, ill try to knock something out in time to post in an orville thread when the next episode airs

Enterprise mirror universe uniforms, unless you want to put Alara into the skinsuit of either Seven or T'Pol

nice!

Wish I had the jew clout to be given a reboot TV series after pumping out the cleveland show.

I love it so far. They even use transition shots that feel like TNG. Add in the character development and jokes then im beyond sold lol.

....why?

You have to ask?

i think you just want a half naked alara pin up
i can make you a half naked alara pin up if you just ask

Wow, Krill was the first top-to-bottom great episode. Good humor, great suspense, quality resolution. I enjoyed the Ed/Mercer time.

Oh, well, that works too. Yes, skimpy Alara please. But the Enterprise uniforms in general were honestly pretty cool in general because they looked like actual functional military/ ship crew / explorer outfits, so if you want to, please give them a shot.

they are pretty cool, i agree, but they dont really fit the feel of orville so ill pass on that idea.
I will try my hand at an alara pin up, keep an eye out in one of the talkback threads after the next episode

What was amusing about Malloy actively trying to get them killed with 20th/21st century references he has no reason to even know?
The guard completely missing them even when Malloy's shoulder is sticking out half a foot just a few feet away from him was just gross cinematography that killed the one moment of possible suspense.

>the only reason I watched Star trek was for the insane amount of recallable but meaningless complex details, much like chads to football

Sounds like it's going to grow on you

Well, the Krill would have no idea what he is talking about either. I think he was just going for sounding like he was at ease, rather than having to put on some sort of show they might see though.

The Krill just brushed it off as him being from another ship and having more experience with humans.

That shot with the shoulder out of the pews was unfortunate, yeah.

The references are annoying as a viewer trying to suspend disbelief. The "trying to get them killed part" is for running his mouth when they should be trying to say as little as possible in a culture they know basically nothing about. "We were close buds, we took baths together" would be a terminally stupid thing to say infiltrating most Earth militaries, never mind Space Bad Guys. They didn't have to personally know her brother to have an in with Talaya. He's lucky the Krill were as dumb as their namesake or assumed he had PTSD or something.

Why do people pretend to like this? Did I miss some kind of meme?

It's so great. Real people should watch it

t. cbs shill

People like something you don't? Get used to it. Won't be the last time.

still butthurt about /STD/

Fuck off back to /std/ CBS-shill.

i like it

Lotta anti-seth and anti-netflix shilling going on lately

>how has another jew seemingly distilled what makes something interesting while taking all of the effort out of it?

Magnets

Which one is episode 2?

I'm towards the end of episode 2, and I've found it far worse than the pilot.

I was told in advance to push through episode one because it was horrible, but I didn't mind it.

If by meme you mean advertising

seen all of both except for orville:krill.

STD seems like a drama circlejerk pretending to be Trek. Focus on character conflicts and "this is war!" seems done well, but completely not Trek at heart

Orville bounces between drama, comedy, or sci-fi-adventure unnaturally. IMO pilot humor seemed cringy but series improved. Lower budget by far.

STD gets bonus points for making revolutionary travel system based off pinching an over-sized mole's nipples

>"we were literally just sent here to make Xeroxes!"

Jesus fucking christ. I'm okay with the pop culture references (reminds me a lot of Farscape) but this is just retarded to have in the show. What fucking person HUNDREDS of years from now would still use Xerox in this way. I doubt most teenagers TODAY even understand what that's supposed to mean. Fucking hell...

it's okay, like low tier The Next Generation

First 6 episodes of The Orville are better than the first 6 episodes of TNG

Where No One Has Gone Before and Encounter at Farpoint are better than anything I've seen.

Allow me to summarise Orville in classic >muh format:
>muh ex-wife
>muh performance
>muh cultural relativism
>muh enlightenment
>muh memento
>muh anthropocentrism

Eh atleast its better than STD

Yeah, but what isn't?

STI

>You can't make fun of people with scat fetishes

Can too

The first episode sucked, and so did the second.

The third feels a bit like a ST:TOS episode, but not one of the better ones. It tries to for social commentary (transexualism!), and mostly fails.

Fourth and fifth start hitting some big idea sf, and are actually decent.

>Fourth and fifth start hitting some big idea sf, and are actually decent.
5th is good
6th is great it has a good balance of humor and story

I purchased all three seasons of Rick and Morty after watching the pilot episode.

I won't even play with my antenna to watch orville. Crappy name.

Not perfect, but better than most other sci-fi crap you see today.

The one I called the "reality TV menagerie" because I don't remember the actual name.
Its based off of a couple of TOS episodes but comes of poorly with the reality TV joke and halston sages shit acting.

gen x are out of touch

soon it will be us y and z gen

Redenbacher

more gay than discovery so far

>Genderless alien.
>HEY I NEVER PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN, GUESS YOU NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH THAT.

Every joke is hack, and falls flat.

Did you only watch the pilot?

you should all consider castration for watching this faggot ass shit

I agree. It's not perfect but I find the Orville highly enjoyable. It might be because I grew up watching TNG. However, it'll probably be cancelled soon because FOX doesn't let anything live unless it gets amazing ratings right at the beginning.

Yes. Everything fox produces is so good that it will get cancelled because there won't be enough room with all the other good things. From fox. Fox.

>hating star trek nerds on a north korean messageboard for autists who obsess about tv shows
WEW
E
W

most sci-fi shows that are episode based have great plots but are so boring to casually watch because the detail of every life is missing.

Orville solves that by having levity through humour, but doesn't overdo it.

Also, why did he rush that kid to the classroom when he could have just shot out a light in the room he found him in?

This show is so bad (STD is also bad for the mental midgets connecting hate of Orville with STD fanboyism) that even with Fox cucked for Mcfarlane it will still get cancelled. I guess the Krill were supposed to be muslims this episode? It was all pretty ham fisted and Seth really shows he cannot write for shit

why can't seth macfarlane just stop? he seems to suffer from a constant deadpool-complex (if i perceive myself as funny, then i must be funny).
>seth macfarlane is the new adam sandler

The fake Jem'Hadar were awesome. Also I love The Big Bang Show.

I read the new Adam sander movies on Netflix isn't too bad. Probably because he didn't write it.

the gay.

the guy with no ears

I'm a Star Trek fan and I love The Orville, a parody of Star Trek, and I hate Star Trek: Discovery. How fucked up is that?

"Star Trek" has become about revenge since the 8th movie.

It fucking sucks because it was the opposite before (with the exception of Kaaaahn).

That the reason everything sucks since then.

And that's the reason Orville is so great.

Seth Mcfarceland acting like himself in every movie he has ever been in, acting is hard.

8 revenge against borg
9 sons revenge against their parents
10 picardclone revenge
11 romulan revenge in the past
12 kaaahn

"enterprise" only conflict and revenge between andorians and romulans.
And then some time-war stuff.

TNG and TOS and Voyager was never about this

Lmao I bet this is how producers actually think

I like it. Pretty much all jokes fall flat but as a corny low budget sci-fi show it's actually pretty enjoyable. Though I'm not much of a Star Trek fan. Alara is a qt.

Shame it will probably get canned, if not this season then probably the next.

It's on free TV and people like it, it will get canned.

>for a shitty show it isn't the most shitty thing out there

Agreed. Useless opinion but I agree

I actually agree with him it's one of the strong points. The humor isn't very good but the sort of casual relationship people have add a lot to make it not feel as stilted.

I just have to force myself to shut up by constantly reminding myself it's a slap of comedy on a pile of bullshit.

I don't think people who watch fart jokes in space do it with their pinkies out rtard.

Low budget? What the fuck have you been watching? It clearly wasn't this.

Well hopefully otherwise it was a huge waste of money

Can we have something like a letter write in to save the orville?

Like the fans did for the tos.

Might be a fun exercise.
Sup Forums for Orville.

Sure one word per post, I'll start.

Dear niggers

How many words again?

Nigger

Niggers

Niggerest